Got mah phone

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, finally got one today. Went to Bell to look at the HTC 4G Sensation, needed a 500 dollar deposit that I get back in 6 months. I said "okay, let me go get my older sister and I'll be right back", never went back.

Went to Rogers (both are in the mall), and I said to the guy "Okay, I just came from Bell, was not happy with the service or what they had to offer. This is my first phone, I'm not tech stupid, but I don't know what type of phone and plan would fit me best. I'm all ears as long as you don't screw me around."

The guy was awesome. He helped me pick out my phone, which was the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc with 16gb MicroSD. He set me up with a plan, he helped me through everything, explained everything. The plan I got through Rogers is:

200 daytime minutes
Early weeknights (weekends are free)
Unlimited Text, Pic, Video
1gb of Data
Caller ID
My fav 10 Canada

$73.00 a month, which isn't that bad considering what I'm getting.

The best part of it was, every time I went to Bell, because I have no credit, they require insane amounts of money for their super/smartphones. The guy at Rogers said "Okay, seeing as how this is your first phone, and your coming from bad experience with Bell, I'll give you the phone for a $100.00 deposit that you get back in a year, but we'll pay $50.00 towards it.

So I just said "Deal! I came in here expecting somewhat the same treatment, but I will be leaving as a happy customer!"

I love the phone, better than I thought it would be.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it feel like I hijacking you thread, but ...
Here what going on with me right now,

My 3DS won't connect to my school internet.
So, was like "hey, my phone can connect to the internet, let me use that tethering thing I never try before",but then I found out you need to pay (regularly).
Went and just got a free one off the market. As in used a app to get it free.
Sweet the 3DS connected to the phone. Oh wait...
Turns out, wifi get disable while tethering. I was like "whaaaat!!?!? o_o".
I can't use 3g because I'm pretty sure I didn't got unlimited data. I be using wifi all this time.

Thinking right now is there is away to get internet to the phone without wifi through usb and then use tethering(not sure if possible) or keep wifi enable while tethering is active. Other words tether by wifi no 3g. Or just find another way for my 3ds to connect.

eeh... Confused ok. Keep in mind I only can use wifi (because of parents) and didn't know anything about tethering before. >.>

@op Congrats on the phone.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I came in topic expecting to see "I bought iPhone 4!!" or "Finally got Samsung Galaxy SII!!" or "Got HTC Sensationnnnn" my thought of last one, was almost right but alas.

Anyways, glad to see someone getting a phone not related to Samsung, Apple or HTC.
biggrin.gif

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
I came in topic expecting to see "I bought iPhone 4!!" or "Finally got Samsung Galaxy SII!!" or "Got HTC Sensationnnnn" my thought of last one, was almost right but alas.

Anyways, glad to see someone getting a phone not related to Samsung, Apple or HTC.
biggrin.gif

I was going to get the HTC sensation, that was the phone I wanted. The guy also recommended me (at bell) a motorola atrax. But eh, I like this phone, screen is massive for a phone
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok