Hacking Getting a PS3 couple questions about modding.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I am planning on getting a new PS3 probably tomorrow. The one I am planning to get is this one

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-500GB-Las...qid=1397775402&sr=8-11&keywords=playstation+3

1. Was wondering for someone who purchased it if you know what firmware it comes with.
2. If it does come with the latest firmware would you be able to softmod it.
3. Where would one find a guide to do said softmod and to load a backup loader on it.

Thank you for any and all help given.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I will more than likely buy a used or refurbished one to increase my chances of getting one with 3.55 firmware. If I do get one with higher firmware though would I be able to downgrade it or would I be out of luck? Thinking about getting an original model one.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You are on safe ground if you get an original model. The rule is that if they had FW 3.55 or lower initially, it can be downgraded, and all the original models comply with that.

kjb1686

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update got a new PS3 fat version refurbished only one I could fine. The good news is I got it for 199 which is decent and it was a 80gb version. The bad news is that it came with 4.55 firmware on it. Is there a way to downgrade the PS3 to 3.55 without a flasher or is it required.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot downgrade it with out a flashing tool. Look on craigs list for your area, you may find somebody there that can downgrade it for you, or maybe somebody here can.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all your interested in is back-ups then maybe you could consider a ODE it's a lot more PSN safe plus it is about the same as an E3 Flasher depending on which one you get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?