DanHR

Super Pilot
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In my utmost curiosity, in order for people to have most if not all monsters in a 3D model, I've started learning how to export models and textures from switch games. Luckily, DQM Dark Prince is an Unity Game, so I followed some tutorials and got to results.

This led me to a problem, and is that I've found that textures are swizzled (didn't even know this was a word before), and I tried all google results, and either I'm stupid, which I do not discard, or these tools were made for a different compression that the mix of Unity + Switch was not liked by them.

So I'm asking if anyone here has also arrived to these problems, and how did they fix them. Maybe I've used the tools wrong, so if you can explain me what settings to use and all that, I'd be grateful to you.

As an example, I've attached both .png, and .txt files of Gigantes texture, as always, my first test with DQ are cyclops, I love these guys.

Theres also a .dat file, but the attach files button won't allow me to upload it, so if you might need it, I'll host it in Mediafire or whatever

Attachments

• T_Gigantes.png
    T_Gigantes.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 22
  • T_Gigantes.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: JonJaded

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First of all, unswizzling must be done on raw texture. The best way is to store them as DDS. After converting it to PNG you lose almost all necessary informations to unswizzle it.

DanHR

Super Pilot
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all, unswizzling must be done on raw texture. The best way is to store them as DDS. After converting it to PNG you lose almost all necessary informations to unswizzle it.
If I got them as DDS, do you happen to know the method? I'll try to check if the Unity extractor thing has a DDS export option

EDIT: I got them as TEX, does that help?

Last edited by DanHR,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can only show you generic method how to unswizzle known textures (though it cannot be used to do batch conversion). I don't know which tool does this automatically for Unity games. Which tools did you use to extract textures? AssetStudio?
Post automatically merged:

TEX should be ok if it's not stripped of header.

DanHR

Super Pilot
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, used that, I've tried checking all sort of checkboxes related to texture to see if it exports to DDS but only managed to get it as tex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0