Hardware Error Code: 160-0103 on 5.5.2 No modding, What can I do?

snailslug

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple years back, this error code (160-0103: There is a problem with the system memory) would pop up on certain games on my console (whether they be installed or disc). It was happening so frequently, I decided to factory reset, loosing countless games in effort to save and salvage my console. When I restart, everything worked fine until I'm prompted to make a Mii. 3 or so seconds of loading occur until bam, I see the same dreaded error code yet again. So I put the console away and forgot about it, until today. I dusted off the ol' black beauty and have the same issue. I start up the console, I connect my Nintendo Network ID and as soon as I'm asked to make a Mii, the error code comes up.
I've done plenty of research, but Nintendo could not care less about the Wii U in 2020 and got no luck. From what I'm reading, I'm afraid my console is gone forever. I have never downloaded any third party software or anything like that, I was a proper Nintendo consumer back then and had no idea the community existed. I'm curious if there's anything I can do/download to restore my machine so that I can use it again, because as of now I have a perfectly functioning Gamepad and a useless black box. Hopefully someone has experienced/helped with a similar issue, but I know this is a long shot. Please ask any questions if you need more information too, I tried to be as detailed as possible in terms of memory.

snailslug

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AmandaRose I'm in the US, and all Nintendo repair services are temporarily unavailable due to the crisis and there's no warning when they'll be back :/ Plus I have no access to any of the system settings since I can't get past the initial set up.

SundayWarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If you absolutly shure that console no have modding software - try read all nand with teensy2.0++ and put it on another nand chip, then swap (its very easy with rose's metal, only solder iron needed and flux). Maybe dead flash memory (read only). Anyway repair cost will be very hight - if you cant solder or no have time just buy other one console without gamepad (check what region lock on gamepad and console match for normal connecting)

Last edited by SundayWarrior,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: