EA Shuts Down Maxis

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care. And considering how people here only mention Simcity 4, they don't either. It's just another "bash EA" train.
To me it's like never taking any interest to any game made by Game Freak and then bashing Nintendo when they close it saying they ruined the whole company and the ongoing projects with Pokémon shuffle. It's hypocrite and it only shows how much of a douche I am.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason I had always thought maxis had died (or gone on to become a trademark only style business/name) along with the likes of Bullfrog, New World Computing, SCI and whatever else I enjoyed in the Amiga/DOS/16 bit/3dfx era, at very best I thought they were a kind of zombie company a la Rare post various people leaving (this was before the MS sale).

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's the temptation of that huge payoff. Going indie doesn't guarantee success. For every Minecraft, there's thousands of failures that no one has ever heard of.
The risk is there, but then again we hear a lot from the big studios having horrible work conditions, crunch time issues, and also not having that much of a stellar salary unless you're in one of the biggest positions of a team. I read several indie devs saying they made more money going indie, despite their games selling way less than the respective AAA titles they worked on - because the smaller team (and the resources) is more cost-efficient to manage, you don't have a chain of command of 10 bosses above you, and there aren't 400 asset-making grunts working for a single game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Is that Scarface reincarnated? 😱