ROM Hack DRM Removal request for Search Results Tongari Boushi to Oshare na Mahou Tsukai

Maverynthia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first two games in the Tongari Series can be emulated fine, however the third game for the DS "Tongari Boushi to Oshare na Mahou Tsukai" just sits and spins on the screen. What is past that is a warning about not "Internet Downloading" it which makes me suspect that the reason it doesn't work is some kind of DRM thing. I haven't seen a patch for it

Was wondering if someone had a patch to make it work on emulators especially Desmume or wanted to take a look at it for a challenge OR if there is another patch out there for a similar situation with a game that might work for this one.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
there doesn't seem to be any kind of code, patch, to make it work.

Is it the only game not playable in either desmume or No$gba? (No$gba works after booting on firmware mode, but crashes a bit later).

Maverynthia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda strange that it's the ONLY game that has this going for it. It doesn't seem that it was a major game either so it's bizarre that it's there.

And yes there doesn't seem to be, which is why I'm asking if anyone want to take a crack at looking at the internals to see if there could be.

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it's still broken on later dedmume versions and the issue seems still open, might as well make s thread on romhacking to see if people are interested in making it work.

sosigonal

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am four years late but for whoever has not figured this out yet just emulate the closing of the DS it should load fine after that

sosigonal

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The game should work well then however there is a chance of it crashing when many objects which have different 3D Models are in the inventory

Last edited by sosigonal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH