Does Ikea offer to make custom shelves?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm looking to buy some custom built shelves because my room right now it's quite small so I've been thinking of getting this as a temporary fix until I move back.

So, my question is, does Ikea build custom shelves to their customers' satisfaction or do I need to buy and cut them myself?

It would end up something like this:

hl9h.jpg

Centipede of Consoles.

I already bought a SCART Switcher for them so I just press the button and it shows the video of the console that I'm going to play.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Building is going to be your best answer. Or if you're exclusively cheap like me, milk crates :<

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are 5-shelf shelves rare in the UK or somethin'? I don't see how you couldn't just buy an already designed shelf.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if this is only for a temp fix i would do what celice said and get some cheap trays that stack on top of one another, spray them a nice colour that go with the rest of your room. or you can go with nice looking bricks with thick planks of wood for the shelves, if done correctly this can look better than expensive shelves from ikea or other furniture shops...........................sudeki300

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...it's ikea. Since it sounds like you're unfamiliar with the concept: when you buy furniture there, you'll get a bunch of parts and an instruction manual. If you get home, you'll have to set up the stuff yourself. Kind of like lego for adults. A screwdriver, a helper and a THOROUGH look at the instruction manual (honestly: no joke. follow the fucking thing to the letter) is all you need.

While ikea works with standard furniture, they are pretty modular. In other words: depending on what you want, they have a shit ton of variation.

I'd suggest to look up "Expedit". While it comes in multiple variations, you may want to go for a 5x1 for your setup (I have a 5x5; I use it for my books, mostly). And I think that one's so standard I guess it's pretty universal around the world. Then look whether you want doors, shelves or double shelves or a glass window in addition to it.

EDIT: wait...I just now read that it's supposed to be playing rather than for storage reasons. I don't think I can help you with it. My own TV table holds only three. While you could probably modify the left part a bit (which has drawers) to put two more, it's not looking like your setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1