Reply to thread

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    they go hand in hand unless you want a plumber performing your triple bypass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most