[DC] Where to get another VGA box, and best VP to pair?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very simply,

I already have a VGA box with my Sega Dreamcast, which enables me to output in VGA out, or S-Video and Composite (plus stereo audio out). It's been working great for years, but I think it suffered in my recent move, as I'd been getting some odd display issue when I play it now, which I can best describe as a case of the horizontal lines seemingly trying to separate from the defined 4:3 aspect ratio the console natively does. Thing is, I received said box as a gift from my girl, and don't know where she found it, and first thing I'd want to do is look for a fresh one, if at all possible... if not perhaps a way to fix the issue internally on mine.

That said, I'd also been looking at this page that deals with video processors for retro systems rather thoroughly. And while I'm pretty much sold on the idea of the framemeister for most of my gal and I's combined console needs, I couldn't find a single solution that would accept a VGA input, and scale/output in HDMI, much less as efficiently as the xrgb-mini does for so many of those analog inputs. Am I missing something here? Or is it simply a case that I might need a separate solution for the Dreamcast in VGA mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one