Cellular does not work without hotspot?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good friend of mine owns an iPhone 11 Pro. When there is no WiFi, his phone cannot connect to the internet, only when he uses his hotspot will it work. I myself live in the same area and do not suffer this issue. What could be the problem here?

Edit: For example, he cannot even go to Google.com without his hotspot on?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good friend of mine owns an iPhone 11 Pro. When there is no WiFi, his phone cannot connect to the internet, only when he uses his hotspot will it work. I myself live in the same area and do not suffer this issue. What could be the problem here?

Edit: For example, he cannot even go to Google.com without his hotspot on?

Well you said when there is no wifi so the phone isn't online. If he doesn't have LTE/5G on it explains why he isn't online. Hotspot is different than having a data plan. Do you mean he can connect to a wifi network but doesn't work, if so probably it is the wifi network.

Reactions: Plazorn

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you said when there is no wifi so the phone isn't online. If he doesn't have LTE/5G on it explains why he isn't online. Hotspot is different than having a data plan. Do you mean he can connect to a wifi network but doesn't work, if so probably it is the wifi network.
But he can connect to WiFi just fine, he just can’t use his cellular to reach the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1