Hacking Can you install "Wii" VC Eshop games on a USB HDD using WUP, & play them using Haxchi on WiiU?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I know I can drag games into folders....but I wondered if the system will just make more screens available for more icons? With only 1.5 screens left right now... I don't want to install 50+ games via WUP if it will mess up things. What about others Accounts on my Wii U?
If you have a USB storage device with a lot of memory space say like 128 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB, then the Wii U system will increase the number of screens after formatting the USB. This is the same as a 3DS increasing the number of icon spaces with a 32 or 64 GB SD card inserted.

TerryRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a USB storage device with a lot of memory space say like 128 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB, then the Wii U system will increase the number of screens after formatting the USB. This is the same as a 3DS increasing the number of icon spaces with a 32 or 64 GB SD card inserted.

So the number of spaces is set in stone based on the size of the hard drive no matter how much space you have left? It won't ever increase at all if you need more icon spaces?

I'm using a 1 TB USB hard drive with 400GB of space left, and 1 to 2 screens of icons left. I was going to install a lot of VC / eshop titles all at once.... so I'm worried that there won't be enough icons for the 60+ games I was going to install at this point, and I don't want to see something get messed up.... ideas?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So the number of spaces is set in stone based on the size of the hard drive no matter how much space you have left? It won't ever increase at all if you need more icon spaces?

I'm using a 1 TB USB hard drive with 400GB of space left, and 1 to 2 screens of icons left. I was going to install a lot of VC / eshop titles all at once.... so I'm worried that there won't be enough icons for the 60+ games I was going to install at this point, and I don't want to see something get messed up.... ideas?
How many games do you have installed? I have 150+ games installed and don't even have the first two screens filled up, and the folders I made, not all of them are even near being full. This is on a 500GB HDD too. Are you making folders or trying to fit them all on the menu without folders? There's no way you can install a bunch of games without making folders for them. I think I have about 8 pages, and each folder I make can hold 4 pages. That's a lot of icon space.

Last edited by brienj,

TerryRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How many games do you have installed? I have 150+ games installed and don't even have the first two screens filled up, and the folders I made, not all of them are even near being full. This is on a 500GB HDD too. Are you making folders or trying to fit them all on the menu without folders? There's no way you can install a bunch of games without making folders for them. I think I have about 8 pages, and each folder I make can hold 4 pages. That's a lot of icon space.

I have about 110 installed, and will install up to 100 more. Yes, so far they are all on the main menu. I was going to organise in folders after they are mostly installed...but if there is a maximum number of pages, then I will organise some before installing all of the VC / eshop stuff.

TerryRed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, to update anyone following along....

I was worried about installing a lot of games all at once, when there weren't enough icons left. I had about 110 so far installed.

Well, it seems that the system will continue to increase the number of pages for empty icons spaces while WUP Installer is installing the games. So far I have around 230 installed. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the maximum number of total games (VC,eshop,WiiU,etc) that you can install is 300 (unless that has changed). Now I can organise what I want into folders.

As far as my issue with Wii Party U.... I uninstalled everything and tried my disc version, and it works fine. It's the only downloaded game I had an issue with. So I'm wondering if I can just use tik2sd to dump the ticket for my disc version and just use that ticket with the version I downloaded with Wii USB Helper, and install that? Would that work?

Sepalod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it also possible to install wii vc titles like mario galaxy into a redNAND?

Gesendet von meinem ME173X mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things