boys and girls help me make some good pancake!?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey fellow tempers, at work we get these pancakes for lunch some restaurant makes them for us and they do not give you their recipes anyway i tried my best to replicate them at home but i always make them too fluffiesh like they are too soft, i use the following ingredients.
1 cup of milk / 1 cup of flour / 1 tbsp sunflower (or olive cooking oil) / 1 tsp of baking powder / 2 tbsp of sugar / 2 eggs and i mix these together and pour circle sized into the heating pan but they always come out too soft.

the ones we get at work at times are very cakeish , like they are soft but have some rigidity inside of it which makes them abit cookiesh and cakeish not sure how to explain the texture but it is noway near as soft or fluffy as the ones i make at home , i prefer the ones we get at work.

i hope someone can tell me how i can make them at home abit more rigid inside of it.
thanks in advance.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How much are you mixing the ingredients? One of the things people kind of goof on for normal pancake batters is simply overmixing, when you combine the wet and dry ingredients you want to do it only until it's just combined. It'll be lumpy and ugly, but that's what you want.

If you are overmixing, simply try a batch where everything is just combined and see how that comes out.

If you aren't overmixing, maybe try the following changes to the recipe:
1) Use 2tbsp of oil, not one. The batter needs a decent amount of fat to come together well. You might want to try butter instead as well, but if you do go for 2.5tbsp of butter if you decide to switch (to account for the milk solids in butter).
2) Try using a tiny bit more flour vs milk, that should make the pancake a bit more dense for you. Maybe do 1 1/4 cup of flour, or 1 1/3 cup with 1 cup of milk.
3) Possibly more baking powder as well, try 2 tsp, or 1.5 tsp.

Other than that, it's really hard to say without actually tasting either pancake personally, so I can't really give much more advice than that :lol:

And as just a taste preference, I like putting a bit of nutmeg in the batter as well, tastes wonderful with pancakes IMO :teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: