Android Best way to root Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 8.0 - SM-G935V

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came to the realization that I need to root my phone, I did a factory reset and there were a note and an audio file that I needed and weren't backed up. ive seen a few tutorials online but none of them are really great so i thought i would try here.

My phone is:

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB

Running Android 8.0.0 Oreo

Is a Snapdragon Variant

Is a Verizon Phone

Model is SM-G935V

I would really like to get this done before the weekend is out. if there is anything else that is needed please let me know, if not then please tell me what is the best way to go about rooting this phone. Yes I know rooting will trip up Knox and I don't use Samsung Pay at all or Secure Folder. I believe those are the only two things that use Knox. Please let me know! Thanks!

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came to the realization that I need to root my phone, I did a factory reset and there were a note and an audio file that I needed and weren't backed up. ive seen a few tutorials online but none of them are really great so i thought i would try here.

My phone is:

Is a Snapdragon Variant

Is a Verizon Phone

Model is SM-G935V

I would really like to get this done before the weekend is out. if there is anything else that is needed please let me know, if not then please tell me what is the best way to go about rooting this phone. Yes I know rooting will trip up Knox and I don't use Samsung Pay at all or Secure Folder. I believe those are the only two things that use Knox. Please let me know! Thanks!
Flashing Magisk https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
also I believe magisk masks itself so most checks pass anyway

Last edited by Mythical,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Flashing Magisk https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
also I believe magisk masks itself so most checks pass anyway
Most checks pass but Knox is special, it's much lower level than other checks, and there's no way to pass it on an even slightly modified ROM/Kernel AFAIK.

My phone is:

Is a Snapdragon Variant

Is a Verizon Phone

Model is SM-G935V

What I usually do is install a custom recovery first of all and then I flash whatever ROM I want from there (which is usually pre-rooted)
I never bothered to try to root the stock rom on my S7 Edge, as there were some features I wanted that required a modded ROM/kernel anyway, like the dual speaker sound mod and the decrypted data partition. The latter because the encrypted data partition seemed completely inaccessible which means I couldn't back up my app data and that is a pretty big deal. Installing a stock based custom ROM that had these features already + some other useful things seemed easier and better.

Reactions: Mythical

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most checks pass but Knox is special, it's much lower level than other checks, and there's no way to pass it on an even slightly modified ROM/Kernel AFAIK.

What I usually do is install a custom recovery first of all and then I flash whatever ROM I want from there (which is usually pre-rooted)
I never bothered to try to root the stock rom on my S7 Edge, as there were some features I wanted that required a modded ROM/kernel anyway, like the dual speaker sound mod and the decrypted data partition. The latter because the encrypted data partition seemed completely inaccessible which means I couldn't back up my app data and that is a pretty big deal. Installing a stock based custom ROM that had these features already + some other useful things seemed easier and better.
I really just need to root so i can get the files back from what is going to be two factory reste ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la