AYANEO launches crowdfunding campaign for its OLED Windows handheld, the AYANEO AIR

ayaneo air.JPG

Handheld gaming PC manufacturer AYANEO has launched a crowdfunding campaign for its latest line of device: the AYANEO AIR. The device stands out with its compact form factor, featuring drift-free Hall-based analogue sticks, as well as for being the first Windows gaming handheld with an OLED display. The device is also lightweight, with the lightest model weighing around 395g.

Indeed there are different models of the device, with different specs as well as themes. The models range from the AIR Lite, which packs an AMD Ryzen 5 5560U APU and retails for $499 on Indiegogo, to the AIR Pro that packs AMD Ryzen 7 5825U APU and starts at $899. The pricing varies based on the models and specs as you can see in the images below. You can also find accessories that are launching alongside the device such as themed controllers and carry cases.

specs 1.png
specs 2.png
specs 3.png

Regarding the device's performance, AYANEO has recently aired some videos running games on the system. It is mostly aimed at indie titles but can also handle AAA games of yesteryear decently, which could make it an adequate device for clearing your backlog on the go.

At the time of writing, the Indiegogo campaign has reached its funding goals and the AYANEO AIR is expected to ship in late August but caution is always advised with crowdfunding campaigns. However, AYANEO has a decent track record with its campaigns. And with more competitors entering the market like Anbernic, there might be also more options for you to choose from based on your needs. Do you have a preference for handheld gaming PCs?

:arrow: AYANEO AIR Crowdfunding Campaign

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Steam Deck is definitely the F35 of handheld computer.
I guess AYA can compete, but dang, it will be a though call for them.

After years of using a GPD clamshell, I definitely cannot go back to PSP style consoles.
To be fair, SONY did good stuff back then, but the NS being the quintessence of poor quality products, nintendo spoiled this very concept.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steam Deck is definitely the F35 of handheld computer.
I guess AYA can compete, but dang, it will be a though call for them.

After years of using a GPD clamshell, I definitely cannot go back to PSP style consoles.
To be fair, SONY did good stuff back then, but the NS being the quintessence of poor quality products, nintendo spoiled this very concept.
well said I was shocked when psp or psp vita die while Nintendo poor portable consoles survive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer