Are you addicted to buying games?

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a question I ask myself often.
*TL;DR> Can't stop buying games when on sale, even clones.

When there's a game I like that goes on sale, If I can afford it I buy it. Just recently I bought Crysis on GOG for $4.99. I haven't even played it, I just wanted it in my library. Last year in December I finished the year with only two Steam games in my account. During the Steam winter sale I bought 5 games, barely play(ed) them. Then I discovered Fanatical, and Humble Bundle and thats when I started buying games whether they were 20 games for $1 or the complete F.E.A.R. franchise for $5, I. Wanted. More. I used to pirate my games for 3 years before that winter but now I don't see the point(me, personally). I buy the same games when they go on sale for a cheap deal and create multiple accounts for my computers. I bought Peggle twice for christsake. Idk. I just wanted it again. Why? I have hundreds of games I don't play. Could it be my conscious of pirating games for so long that now I give my money to support them? meh.. that's not the only media I horde so I can't think it's that..

Last edited by JiveTheTurkey,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
This is something a lot of the gamers I kow online have a problem with. We have 20+ games for any console and yet when a sale comes on we buy another game or 10. We have the intension of playing them but the lack of time, motivation or another game coming out prevents us from doing so.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and this doesn't include all the roms, isos from all other gens I have stored on drives. (Yes I know I didn't buy them)

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something a lot of the gamers I kow online have a problem with. We have 20+ games for any console and yet when a sale comes on we buy another game or 10. We have the intension of playing them but the lack of time, motivation or another game coming out prevents us from doing so.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and this doesn't include all the roms, isos from all other gens I have stored on drives. (Yes I know I didn't buy them)
Never thought of it that way, I guess I fall in the motivation part. Yeah long live dumps! I get paranoid of losing the roms by accident, obtaining retro dumps will not be the same from here on out by the looks of it.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
*sigh*
I'm about to find out. For the last...ten or so years, I never had any financial problems whatsoever. Far more than money, time was my constraint. I kept a rough budget of 50 bucks a month, but could easily spent twice or even three times as much without issue.
But since my girlfriend and me are moving houses, at least the first months are a matter of spending as much as possible in paying debt/renovating/redecorating. It seems simple enough to not buy games that I won't have time for...right?
Especially since I've tallied my collection of all video games and come up over 1500 games on all platforms combined (steam, GoG, consoles, android and even the handful of pirated retro games that I actively play(ed) ).

...but then a sale came around and I bought that ONE game at a fraction of the price. It's a good one (a great one, even), but despite it costing less than a ham sandwich, I can't really justify the purchase. So...I'm addicted.:shy:
(in my defense: it's the only game I've bought in about 3 weeks, so it's not like I'm not trying).

Out of curiosity: did you meant to write 20+ or more 200+ ? Console games used to be more pricey, and the physical volume also prevented most of us to keep the collection to a minimum, but there too has been a huge push to digital and discounted (cheaper) games...right? :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: