Tutorial  Updated

AndroidPass, an alternative for the StreetPass Riilay

Hello,

Its been a while since i wrote i was doing an app for me to use the streetpass on my 3ds.
I used the Riilay app, and didn't worked for me, and seems the dev has halted the development of his app.

I present you a new app, with basic gui, but works for me.

Working methods (tested by me):
/data/.nvmac.info
/efs/wifi/.mac.info
/data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf

Working methods (tested by users):
/data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
/persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin

To be tested methods:
/data/misc/wifi/config
/system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr0
/factory/wifi/.mac.info
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr

(BusyBox methods dont work or are kernel dependant)
BusyBox: ifconfig
BusyBox: ip link
BusyBox: Old tether softAP method (added, but not sure if it would work, maybe i will remove it later if no one uses it or not working)

Want to add more methods?
Send me a pm with a sample file for the file to be edited, and ill work to implement it asap.
Don't be afraid to send any "original macs" or try to edit out the macs with A,B,C,D,E or F.

I would want to add more methods and a BusyBox method, but i dont have more Androids with me and my pc is old and cant run the emulator.

The app needs root, and is stright forward.

The app works with the SD card mainly:
/"sd"/macs/...
macs.txt : a list of macs to be readed. (Yes, is needed to run the program and can be customized)
config.properties : The config from the app, i hate when phone data is used to store config.
On this file you can edit the "original_mac" and when the app is closing it will restore the mac you provided, useful with a whitelisted network. Ex: 00:11:22:33:44:55
on the /"sd"/
AndroidPass-Log.txt : Do not exists always, but it contains crash log(s) for the app.

The program features an auto updater.
And no need to wait X minutes to change MACs, just dont wait to timeout and when the 3DS disconnects (or no more clients are connected), it will change the mac right away.

If your AndroidPass has stopped working for some reason, post the crash log file.

Im thinking to release the source somewhere on the net, and then anyone who wants to implement some features could, in theory, work with me and make it more "compatible". If there is some devs that want to be involved in this, contact me and if i get some, ill publishit somewhere.

Donations are much apreciated.

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hvrqikrqp3cs4ck/StreetPass.apk

If for some reason the link above is not the current version, use the workspace version https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0sy8e7i1s5u1mh/StreetPass.apk (this file is used for testing, keep in mind that this version is the work in progress one, and may contain not working things or major crashes)

Later on i will feature a stable or debug release, the current link will be the debug release.

-Ismaw34

WARNING
* Some kernels need special "magic" features (specially the 4.3+) that i dont know how to work with.
* If you need to patch any "binary" file, i can edit the mac too, refer to the methods /data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini and /persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin
* If you are using the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf method, and you change the HotSpot name on your phone but it doen't change, is a usual bug, that is that on the current state i cant read root files inside the java code and i need to manage them via shell. Just delete the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf.bak file, edit your config and then it would be ready to go.

Last edited by Ismaw34,

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh a new version is up, i am trying on 4.1.2 and still the mac spoofing does not work, will experiment more

EDIT AND ANOTHER NEW VERSION?!! OK you have a 50 minutes update cycle you are amazing!! :)

Also noticed we can edit the txt file to add macs, very nice. With the version of one hour ago it was not changing mac, now i am reinstalling busybox then i will try again.

i am the NEW3DS guy that made the reddit thread before posting here hoping to find help, circle is closed now

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i am now trying: rebooting, then using the last version of your app. I downgraded to 4.1.2 with root and SU, that is easy. Are you getting passes? because here the broadcast mac does not change even if it says its working.

Edit: nope, even after rebooting fresh and with wifi off the attwifi has the original mac. I am getting flustered i cant understand why, i was sure it was 4.3, but fuck my life.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,

Its been a while since i wrote i was doing an app for me to use the streetpass on my 3ds.
I used the Riilay app, and didn't worked for me, and seems the dev has halted the development of his app.

I present you a new app, with basic gui, but works for me.

Working methods:
/data/.nvmac.info
/efs/wifi/.mac.info

To be tested methods:
/data/misc/wifi/config
/system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr0
/factory/wifi/.mac.info"
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr

Want to add more methods?
Send me a sample file for the file to be edited, and ill work to implement it asap.

I would want to add more methods and a BusyBox method, but i dont have more Androids with me and my pc is old and cant run the emulator.

The app needs root, and is stright forward.

The app works with the SD card mainly:
/"sd"/macs/...
macs.txt : a list of macs to be readed. (Yes, is needed to run the program and can be customized)
config.properties : The config from the app, i hate when phone data is used to store config.
AndroidPass-Log.txt : Do not exists always, but it contains crash log(s) for the app.

The program features an auto updater.
And no need to wait X minutes to change MACs, just dont wait to timeout and when the 3DS disconnects (or no more clients are connected), it will change the mac right away.

If your AndroidPass has stopped working for some reason, post the crash log file.

Donations are much apreciated.

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0sy8e7i1s5u1mh/StreetPass.apk (this is the file from the workspace, is used for testing too, keep that in mind)
Later on i will feature a stable or debug release, the current link will be the debug release.

-Ismaw34
I thought Riilay is supposed to work on every device.
The BusyBox method was the only one that worked for me so I can't use this app (yet)
I like the feature to change MAC automatically but does it also have a feature to change MAC after X minutes if there are still clients connected? As I sometimes streetpass multiple times in a row on my 3DS using the auto switch every X minutes feature, without having to touch the wifi on my 3DS or turn it off/on.
I will try this out for sure once it works with my phone (Galaxy Note 3) :)

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i finally got stuff!! But using wifi tether not your app sorry!! But i got ppl from japan and game stuff, also most ppl had been playing SYSTEM SETTINGS recently lol, all ppl doing rilay stuff :)

amazingly now the riilay app using busybox method has started broadcasting the proper fake mac, but when i test the connection on the 3ds it says it cannot connect to the access point...error 003-1101. This is weird, its the first time i manage to broadcast the fake mac so it is a progress but it seems the 3ds is performing some kind of check for spoofs n shit.

It is very strangle because only a few times i managed to broadcast a fake mac, i still cannot replicate it, fresh boot or not...

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought Riilay is supposed to work on every device.
The BusyBox method was the only one that worked for me so I can't use this app (yet)
I like the feature to change MAC automatically but does it also have a feature to change MAC after X minutes if there are still clients connected? As I sometimes streetpass multiple times in a row on my 3DS using the auto switch every X minutes feature, without having to touch the wifi on my 3DS or turn it off/on.
I will try this out for sure once it works with my phone (Galaxy Note 3) :)

The busybox, is under way, when i have time and someone to test it, it will be released.
The 3ds when is done with the streetpassing shuts the connection with the AP.

Currently on version 2.3 i have this:

If you wait to timeout, if theres a connection live or no connection is stablished, when the time runs out, the mac changes.
If you dont, when the last client disconnects, it changes the mac right away, dont wait the 2 minutes (by default)

Now i only need some refractoring to make the app "BusyBox method compatible", and someone to test it.

-Ismaw34

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ismaw i will keep testing your app even if i am using wifi tether, now im having a mii orgy but tomorrow i will try again and report back. ty for your effort.

Reactions: Ismaw34

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally... with some time, and... well... i was bored XD

BusyBox with 2 methods with the wlan0 interface (No all devices support this, and if your methos is already on the app you should not ever see those methods)

Version 2.4 is finally up, now ill wait for feedback and then ill try to fix all the things asap.

-Ismaw34

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok downloading now mate, I woke up early today, thanks for your update

edit sorry still does not broadcast the fake mac, only the phone original one. I am checking with wifi analyzer on a jb ipad and its not working. I have busibox and my device is wlan0.

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok downloading now mate, I woke up early today, thanks for your update

edit sorry still does not broadcast the fake mac, only the phone original one. I am checking with wifi analyzer on a jb ipad and its not working. I have busibox and my device is wlan0.

The questions are:
The app asked you to use busybox?
What phone model is?
What is the method (file path) is given on startup?

-Ismaw34

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it did not ask for busybox - it says ESF WIFI INFO at the start which is in fact where the file was on 4.3. I am not sure if it is still there on 4.1.2. Phone samsung s3. Going for lunch, see you later

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it did not ask for busybox - it says ESF WIFI INFO at the start which is in fact where the file was on 4.3. I am not sure if it is still there on 4.1.2. Phone samsung s3. Going for lunch, see you later

New button, force busybox is ready for testing.
I hope this is finally working for you.

-Ismaw34

Reactions: lucame

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
back from lunch, checking now - need about 20 minutes to get rid of the new miis that came while at lunch

edit:

- busybox with ifconfig does not broadcast anything, the attwifi just does not appear with this method

- bb with ip link same as above, i tried both after a fresh reboot on 4.1.2

for both the above method the hotspot does not turn on, maybe you forgot something?

- forcing file efs/wifi/etc makes the attwifi appear and hotspot works but the mac is the original phone one

thanks for your efforts, i hope i can help you more somehow, i see below they attached a file, do you want me to attach anything? Btw i re checked with wifi tether and it still works, should i copy my settings here?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
There's this file. It's for the LG Optimus G and Nexus4. Might work with other LG devices as well.

Attachments

• WCNSS_qcom_cfg.zip
    3 KB · Views: 317

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll check all those things as soon as i get home... but i realozed that with the version 2.3 i f it up with the auto updater... need more testing

I will keep you guys informed

-Ismaw34

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's this file. It's for the LG Optimus G and Nexus4. Might work with other LG devices as well.

I think this method is ready, but in the example file, the MACs dont contains any ":" between numbers/letters, is that right? or in the original file contains the ":"?

-Ismaw34

Reactions: lucame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021