American in Japan Noob, Massive help.

TonyEDM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello I am American now living in Japan with my Japanese wife and I speak NO Japanese, Good thing my wife does.

Anyways looking to buy a New 3DS XL or 3DS, i dont know yet. i want to hack / mod it whatever its called.

Now I heard that if I region change it to USA, I cannot use the eshop to download updates or eshop stuff.

1. But if I dont change it and just mod it I can still PLAY both American games & Japanese games.

is it true?

2. so both console will be in japanese region, but if we both get Pokemon X and she gets X {USA}

can we both play locally ?

3. I will not be playing Japanese games cus duh, so if I download american game onto the system

can I still get updates on the american game via Japanese eshop?

4. when im doing the process to hack / mod it can i set the process to english?

pls help

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello I am American now living in Japan with my Japanese wife and I speak NO Japanese, Good thing my wife does.

Anyways looking to buy a New 3DS XL or 3DS, i dont know yet. i want to hack / mod it whatever its called.

Now I heard that if I region change it to USA, I cannot use the eshop to download updates or eshop stuff.

1. But if I dont change it and just mod it I can still PLAY both American games & Japanese games.

is it true?

2. so both console will be in japanese region, but if we both get Pokemon X and she gets X {USA}

3. I will not be playing Japanese games cus duh, so if I download american game onto the system

pls help
You can only get JPN region updates from the JPN eShop.
Pokemon is the exception because it's region free.

Reactions: tabzer and fmhugo

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

is it true?

pls help
You will have to figure out the GUI of the Japanese system, as that cannot be changed. Firmware is Japanese only and it has no language changing option. I've heard of ways were the eShop can be changed, but it's a little more involved.

The good: You can play any region game on it as long as you have a source to install it from. You can still enjoy multiplayer with those games. You may need to update some of those games to be their latest version to do so.

Reactions: fmhugo

fmhugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
read the FAQ it didn:t answer some questions lol
Sorry.

Modified consoles allow you to play games from any region. Some games u need to force language to work anyway. Use this homebrew in that case.

If you change the console region you will probably not be able to access the eShop. If you modify the console, you will not be able to update games from another region, but you can install the update for these games through FBI homebrew. Just have the update files in .cia.

Games like Pokémon are the same in any region, you can play locally without any problems and in any available language that the game has. Some games are local region locked.

I have a New 3DS LL modified for the USA region. I have lost access to the eShop, but I prefer to use the system in the language I am most familiar with. All my games are USA region too.

Reactions: tabzer

TonyEDM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry.

Modified consoles allow you to play games from any region. Some games u need to force language to work anyway. Use this homebrew in that case.

If you change the console region you will probably not be able to access the eShop. If you modify the console, you will not be able to update games from another region, but you can install the update for these games through FBI homebrew. Just have the update files in .cia.

Games like Pokémon are the same in any region, you can play locally without any problems and in any available language that the game has. Some games are local region locked.

I have a New 3DS LL modified for the USA region. I have lost access to the eShop, but I prefer to use the system in the language I am most familiar with. All my games are USA region too.

so you can never update your games or anything eshop related

TonyEDM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You will have to figure out the GUI of the Japanese system, as that cannot be changed. Firmware is Japanese only and it has no language changing option. I've heard of ways were the eShop can be changed, but it's a little more involved.

The good: You can play any region game on it as long as you have a source to install it from. You can still enjoy multiplayer with those games. You may need to update some of those games to be their latest version to do so.
i dont plan to play ONLINE, but I do want to play locally via system to system with my wife

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yes the 2 3ds are japanese, but we will hack it and then both download the mario island tour USA rom, so that means we can both play cus its same region Game

Yes, and in the case with pokemon, if she chooses Japanese and you choose English, you can still play together. The only thing is that if you trade pokemon, you will get their Japanese name with a JPN pokemon tag. And she will get your USA tagged and English named pokemon.

Reactions: fmhugo

TonyEDM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, and in the case with pokemon, if she chooses Japanese and you choose English, you can still play together. The only thing is that if you trade pokemon, you will get inherit their Japanese name with a JPN pokemon tag. And she will get your USA tag and English named pokemon.
perfect thank you papa

so we arent region changing but we will get pokemon USA rom, we will still get the updates right via JP eshop?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
perfect thank you papa

so we arent region changing but we will get pokemon USA rom, we will still get the updates right via JP eshop?
I don't think so. I think you will need to install the updates the same way you installed the base game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch