nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
All You Need To Know About Rooting
  • The Basics
    • Android - The OS Google developed for use with mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
    • Rooting - The process of getting administrative access on your Android device. ROOTING VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY SO UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY SURE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON'T ROOT YOUR DEVICE.
    • Flashing - The process of installing a ROM, Custom ROM, bootloader or other system files to Android.
  • Why Root?
    • Rooting allows you to do things you're normally not supposed to do such as recording your screen, flashing custom ROMs and other cool stuff.
  • How do I root my device?
    • That depends on your device. Some devices have dedicated developers that make programs that run on your PC that allows you to root your device in a few clicks, while some require you to manually flash an open bootloader and then flash a custome recovery such as CWM and TWRP and then flash a ZIP file using that custom recovery that was just flashed. For more info on your device, A simple Google Search should do such as:
      How do I root my Galaxy S5?
      How do I root my Xperia Z?
      You can also check out the XDA-Developers Forum however, not all devices have their own separate subforum so you may want to check out this subforum if you can't find yours or if your device is old try looking at the Legacy Devices Subforum.
  • What to do after you're done rooting
    • After you've finished rooting your devices, you can install Custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android or AOKP. Hop on to XDA-Developers to find out more.
    • You can also install apps that require root access.
  • SuperSU - This is one of the most, if not most popular superuser management tool out there.
  • Koush's Superuser - A popular superuser management tool that have been chosen by many devs due to it being open source.
  • Xposed - An app that allows you to install a variety of new features to your device without the need of flashing a new custom ROM.
  • SCR Screen Recorder - A screen recorder that allows you record quality videos directly from your Android device. It is the only known screen recorder that supports Tegra devices.
  • ROM Manager - Flash ROMs without booting into custom recovery. Recommended for CWM Recovery users.
  • TWRP Manager - Flash ROMs without booting into custom recovery. Recommended for TWRP users.
  • Titanium Backup - The premier backup tool for Android. Allows you to backup an app and its data, freeze and defrost apps and uninstall unwanted system apps.
  • SetCPU - Allows you to underclock and overclock your device. Overclocking is only possible if you have a custom kernel installed. Not really required if you have a custom ROM installed.
  • Root Explorer - A file manager that shows everything inside your phone's memory.
  • Juice Defender - Helps you save battery.
  • Busybox - Not an actual app but it provides you Linux/UNIX commands for use with Terminal Emulator.
  • Terminal Emulator - A terminal emulator for your device.
  • SD Maid - It has a complete set of tools that allows you to rid your phone of all junk.
  • Font Installer - Allows you to change your device's font.
  • Greenify - One of the best battery savers out there.
  • Quick Boot - Allows you to power off, reboot, reboot into recovery and bootloader in just a simple tap. No need for pressing your phone's power button.
Changelog said:
April 16, 2015 - Initial Version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine