Hacking 5.5.2 downgrade to 5.5.1

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is wupinstaller version which allows a system title to be installed (for example the Web browser) ? Can someone link it here?

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also, the SEEPROM register when some important titles are updated, so if you manage to go trough the effort of doing an MLC+SLC hardmod and your flash your backup correctly, probably the wiiu will refuse to boot.
Maybe because 5.5.2 didn't update the Boot1 there is a chance that an hardmod downgrade can work, but as EyeKey stated is too dangerous and isn't worth the risk.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are reasons why there are NO public downgrade methods.

Only risk what you can afford to lose.

fwiw slc hardmod is hell. i know at least 3 ppl who have bricked their systems trying to get that going. i think the chip might be (incidentally ofc) physically sensitive to heat or something. or easy to short with static? anyways if yr doing iosu hax, use the right wattage iron and be quick but efficient!

p.s. you can't just restore mlc + slc to downgrade a system. there's boot1 meta stored on gpio eeprom that you can't edit w/o iosu hax, and that eeprom is silicon on the MCM so you can't externally modify it. tl;dr only really useful for iosu debugging

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are reasons why there are NO public downgrade methods.

Only risk what you can afford to lose.
We are saying the same thing lol. Thanks for quoting her, It's good to have info from the orignial source.
there's boot1 meta stored on gpio eeprom that you can't edit w/o iosu hax
Also known as SEEPROM ;).

Last edited by Valery0p, , Reason: English isn't my main language, cmon guys...
Reactions: Bug_Checker_

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know more than what's already been said on the eeprom anti-downgrade, but it should be possible to downgrade the browser only just fine...

...if there is a way to decrypt a MLC backup (and the keys/xorpads/whatever would of course have to be dumped while still on a hackable version)

D

Deleted User

aren't there only four or five titles to replace? I think this works since there's no hardware revision. decrypt with the otp, replace files, then reflash? r the old titles still available for download though?
Well I see a possible way to downgrade. (POSSIBLE I'M NOT THE BEST OKAY!) If you already have a entry point (coldboothax or haxchi) in theory can't you just install the older version.bin and eula error files (don't recall the name but there are two different files for the error catagory) and the internet browser? Wouldn't that work?

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Well I see a possible way to downgrade. (POSSIBLE I'M NOT THE BEST OKAY!) If you already have a entry point (coldboothax or haxchi) in theory can't you just install the older version.bin and eula error files (don't recall the name but there are two different files for the error catagory) and the internet browser? Wouldn't that work?
If you already have an entrypoint you don't even need to downgrade

D

Deleted User

If you already have an entrypoint you don't even need to downgrade
True. Then again though the sdcaffine for webrowser is actually better than sdcaffine for hbl (for what ever reason hbl version will crash the system if friends list is opened. which doesn't happen on the browser version. Plus we are also missing caffine for hbl (a straight up caffine with no tcp gecko))

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1