Do you have yours reserved?

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Kinda wish I jumped on this earlier, now that i think of it.

It would be very useful to know whether 2022 is even possible, though, so I'm eagerly awaiting updates on those estimates.

That said, lumping 90% of pre-pre-orders together into a single "After Q2" period that's still there after the official release makes me suspect they have even less control or awareness of the manufactoring process down the line than you could suspect. Or, they're just REALLY careful, which does fit Valve as well, I suppose.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda wish I jumped on this earlier, now that i think of it.

It would be very useful to know whether 2022 is even possible, though, so I'm eagerly awaiting updates on those estimates.

That said, lumping 90% of pre-pre-orders together into a single "After Q2" period that's still there after the official release makes me suspect they have even less control or awareness of the manufactoring process down the line than you could suspect. Or, they're just REALLY careful, which does fit Valve as well, I suppose.

Seems they’ve updated the estimates, my ‘after Q2’ is now ‘Q3 2022’.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ordered mine yetserday and placed a deposit....for the 512 GB Model :) :toot:

Could someone give me a Tip for a good MIrco SD card to place in the Deck or is there a better solution?

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Could someone give me a Tip fo a good MIrco SD card to place in the Deck or is there a better solution?
If you reserved it yesterday then you might not get it till next year so it's probably not worth looking at micro SD cards till then as they are bound to get much cheaper than now.

• Wow
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

subcon959

@!#?@!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will probably get it much quicker if you reserve the 64GB model instead. So far, they have shipped the first 40 hours of 64GB orders and only 10 hours of 512GB for the EU.

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
You will probably get it much quicker if you reserve the 64GB model instead. So far, they have shipped the first 40 hours of 64GB orders and only 10 hours of 512GB for the EU.
Where did you get these numbers from?

If these are true I'll need to include my last October Steam Deck pre-order in my will and anyone reserving theirs only now will probably need to pass their pre-order multiple generations down. Even if this pace will slowly ramp up that'll still mean a hardware revision is likely to release before some people will get their OG Deck.

Could someone give me a Tip for a good MIrco SD card to place in the Deck or is there a better solution?
A 512Tb-1Pb SD should be enough once you actually get it, probably.

Basically, those shipping numbers are so ridiculous they're actually funny.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1652261516361.png

Still waiting, although I'm ok with the wait at the time since cash is a bit tight atm (wasn't when I ordered)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where did you get these numbers from?
You can get them from the many spreadsheets and ongoing data gathering performed by bored people waiting for their steam deck in reddit. Google for Steam Deck Date Calculator.

These numbers are legit.

PS: they even created some algorithms you estimate the day your steam deck will arrive based on the exact timestamp of your reservation. It seems accurate. Also, my steam deck EU 512GB was ordered some 20 hours after reservations started, around one year ago, and I still don't have my deck.

Reactions: such

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Thanks.

So that calculator tells me either August 2022 (which is way ahead of Steam's estimates, which place my order sometime at end of 2022), or... sometime in 2072, which seems accurate given the numbers above.

I guess I should start getting busy for these 50 or so years. Maybe play some games, read a book, plan my funeral...

• Haha

EWG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yup! In late January.
I went for the best version. Unsure exactly how much of a difference there is between the screens but I figured it's a good idea to go with the presumably most robust one. Besides, I've got until after Q2 to budget one.
It'll be nice having that 512GB NVMe to transfer the majority of my games onto right away.

I hear there are 2TB m.2 2230 SSDs and 2TB mSD cards coming possibly this year. That'll be exciting. 4TB? All my games and high quality lossy music and a couple movies or shows? :tpi:

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I've used the moo calculator some months ago (https://steam-deck-calculator.web.app/), and it said (and still says) my expected date is upcoming monday (23/5).
Now I tried the hoxeel calculator (https://replit.com/@jplayzgamegm/SDDC?v=1) and it puts me at 30/5.

Though the former has more data points to extrapolate from (whee :D ), both are still at best estimates. Either way...It's time to watch my mailbox more closely now. :)

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: