Hacking Neek2o / emuNAND trouble

KazEz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, i tried to install UNEEK+DI with ModMii, i copied all the copy_to_usb file to my USB, copied all the required folder to SD card, and changed the bootmii folder name. and i install the WAD for the neek2o forwarder. when i tried to open the neek2o forwarder, it's stuck on the Reloading BootMii IOS. I've tried using some method like accessing it from USB loader GX, but it failed (blackscreen) same as WiiFlow. I've tried loading the BootMii IOS (the sneek version) with PriiLoader, but the screen turns black and the disk light Blinks (which means the BootMii file in sd corrupted or missing).
can anyone help me? i can't seem to find a tutorial video for SNEEK, there's rarely any video i find for installing it.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you did those steps correctly. You didn't mention the emunand though. Did you build a compatible emunand and put it in the correct path (USB, for UNEEK)? neek2o needs something to boot into.

neek is also just old and weird and poorly documented. The first boot can take a while. It may inexplicably just start working.

EDIT: here's a good explainer https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-neek2o.496982/#post-7841256

Last edited by Exidous,

KazEz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It sounds like you did those steps correctly. You didn't mention the emunand though. Did you build a compatible emunand and put it in the correct path (USB, for UNEEK)? neek2o needs something to boot into.

neek is also just old and weird and poorly documented. The first boot can take a while. It may inexplicably just start working.

EDIT: here's a good explainer https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-neek2o.496982/#post-7841256
I put all the files & folders that modmii creates to be copied to usb. but i don't know what you mean with the "build compatible emunand", what do i need to do?
i already read the embed links, it explains how the bootmii for emunand to works.
I can't seem to boot the emunand with WiiFlow, USBLGX (Exception DSI Error), bootmii via prii, and neek2o. most of the boot method only display dimming disk light.
is there an "extra steps" for setting up the emunand that Modmii didn't say?
Sorry if there's any misunderstanding, i'm really new to this emuNAND thing.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U used modmii to build neek and an emunand, right? Not just build neek?

Usually I will test a new emunand by renaming the bootmiineek folder to bootmii, then launch "bootmii" via the hbc's home menu. Don't introduce launching tools that will rename folders then reload bootmii until after you confirmed its working without it.

Upon first boot of a fresh emunand, a blackscreen is normal, the it will load some setup screens asking for your console name and other things, then another black screen, then the emulated system menu loads. Both black screens combined shouldn't take more than 15 minutes tops, and upon subsequent launches it will load near instantaneously.

If u have a blackscreen for more than 15 minutes, and you confirm you've set up everything correctly, you can try different types of neek or different usb or sd. Another thing to try if it fails, is replace the emunand created by modmii with your extracted nand.bin (just open your nand.bin with modmii to extract).

If modmii set everything up for you, u just need to rename bootmiineek to bootmii and everything should be set up properly (assuming the devices are formatted properly, MBR and fat32, and you copied the contents of copy_to_sd to your device, not the copy to folder itself)

Reactions: morning_glory

KazEz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
U used modmii to build neek and an emunand, right? Not just build neek?

Usually I will test a new emunand by renaming the bootmiineek folder to bootmii, then launch "bootmii" via the hbc's home menu. Don't introduce launching tools that will rename folders then reload bootmii until after you confirmed its working without it.

Upon first boot of a fresh emunand, a blackscreen is normal, the it will load some setup screens asking for your console name and other things, then another black screen, then the emulated system menu loads. Both black screens combined shouldn't take more than 15 minutes tops, and upon subsequent launches it will load near instantaneously.

If u have a blackscreen for more than 15 minutes, and you confirm you've set up everything correctly, you can try different types of neek or different usb or sd. Another thing to try if it fails, is replace the emunand created by modmii with your extracted nand.bin (just open your nand.bin with modmii to extract).

If modmii set everything up for you, u just need to rename bootmiineek to bootmii and everything should be set up properly (assuming the devices are formatted properly, MBR and fat32, and you copied the contents of copy_to_sd to your device, not the copy to folder itself)
I've already boot to bootmii (neek version) via hbc... it always sends you to the homebrew back. and when i launch it via prii, it always blinks the disk light which means the bootmii is corrupted / not found on sd. yes i already rename the bootmineek it to bootmii. when i launch it via postloader / wiiflow, it reads my hdd, then the disk light blinks and hdd stops reading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...