Is there anyway to get Gamecube Mic on Wii?

Itsmeiguess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious because I have Mario Party 7 on my Wii, but there's a lot of restrictions due to the mic not being able to be played.

Itsmeiguess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gamecube-microphone-with-nintendont-mario-party-7.392390/

Before starting mp7, deactivate memory card emulation (nintendont), at this point leave gamecube microphone out of the port, start mp7, put the gc mic into mc port 2, activate mic in-game - have fun
Are you talking about the ports for the GC controllers? If that's the case, my Wii doesn't have those, it's one of the later models.
Post automatically merged:

another case of no use of the search bar and create new thread :P
I only posted this thread so that I can comment on stuff, we need 5 posts to comment, when I had one post asking about a JD wad, I had a reply, and I couldn't tell them anything because it wouldn't allow me.

Last edited by Itsmeiguess,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are you talking about the ports for the GC controllers? If that's the case, my Wii doesn't have those, it's one of the later models.
Post automatically merged:

I only posted this thread so that I can comment on stuff, we need 5 posts to comment, when I had one post asking about a JD wad, I had a reply, and I couldn't tell them anything because it wouldn't allow me.
If you don't have GC ports, you obviously can't plug in a GC microphone. It plugs into the memory card port, so a USB GameCube adapter would not help you either.
Emulating a GC microphone in Nintendont would be possible (possibly using a Rock Band mic or USB sound card with generic mic), if support was added. But not many games used it, so it's probably very low priority.
You can still play mic minigames without a mic. It just makes you select the commands from a menu. It really isn't much different from shouting the commands anyway, but probably more reliable, so you aren't losing out on much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON