Will you be buying the next Nintendo Console?

Will you buy Nintendo's next console?

• Yes

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

0DanDan0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this switch 2 has backward compatibility with games more ram better cpu and upscales and remasters of previous games (like totk) then yeah all i really want is sweet 60fps (or more cuz xbox and ps5 get like 120/240fps)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think most people on GBAtemp probably will. Half the people who said no will probably end up getting one eventually if it's a success like the current Switch.

I don't see them making another royal fuckup like the Wii U, so I will almost certainly end up getting the Switch 2, but not at launch. I learned my lesson from the 3DS and the Wii U, I'd rather wait until it has 100+ hours worth of exclusives I'm interested in. The 3DS had nothing to play for like a year, and there's only so much fun you can have with AR Games and Face Raiders. The Wii U at least had Nintendoland but didn't have very much in the way of single player games. ZombiU didn't really appeal to me.

There is a high chance that new Pokemon games as well as a new Mario Kart will be released in the Switch launch window, if not on launch day. Since Game Freak missed their usual Christmas yearly release window, so it's likely they have something in the works near completion but are saving it for the Switch 2. And we haven't gotten a new Mario Kart since the Wii U, so I would be surprised if that is not one of the first titles released for the Switch 2. Those two might be enough to get me 100+ hours worth of gameplay time, so if that turns out to be the case, I guess I will be an early adopter.

If the rumors about backwards compatibility are true, I do hope they allow games to take advantage of the improved specs. We know how much better Switch games can run if they are given more raw power, just look at emulators or even overclocking. Zelda BotW and TotK at 4K 60 FPS is amazing, but handheld BotW and TotK at 1080p 60 FPS would be just as good. And not just selectively for a few games that are specifically tested and verified on the Switch 2 hardware. I want my entire Switch library to take advantage of the Switch 2's specs out of the box. That could be a good reason to pick up the Switch 2 on launch day, knowing that even if there is a drought of Switch 2 exclusives, it still makes an excellent Switch Pro.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
probably buy and stash away until a hack appears
although a soft mod is highly unlikely, but never give up hope

the old switch made me decadent:
i want to have all my legit games on the sd card and not switch carts
not having online access was solved with having a switch lite for updates

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably done with consoles - I've been slowly feeling like I've grown out of games to want to play the majority of those out there. My Switch with retroarch will probably keep me entertained for a while until I finally get settled with a stronger PC. The only way I'll get swayed is if the games on the next system are really, really interesting and I have the time and money to play them, but also I'd like to see how the homebrew scene would be.

In my opinion, the Switch was disappointing in that regard compared to the Wii days, and for fair reason since Nintendo has been really active in the fight this time around. Years down the line and the Switch doesn't have basic customization as the Wii/U and PS3 had them. Either way, I'm a patient person, so I would maybe think about buying it years down the line after release, lest the gaming market gets even more healthier and some of those releases are on PC anyway.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm yet undecided. If they release something cool for it I just might, but if not I might just pass on it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure. Nintendo has been pretty disappointing to me for years and doubt "Switch 2" will be that revolutionary.
Post automatically merged:

I'm yet undecided. If they release something cool for it I just might, but if not I might just pass on it.
Is Metroid Prime 4 cool enough for ya? :P

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not sure. Nintendo has been pretty disappointing to me for years and doubt "Switch 2" will be that revolutionary.
Post automatically merged:

Is Metroid Prime 4 cool enough for ya? :P
I'll let you know once I actually finish the first 3 😶

Reactions: Marc_LFD

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No.
The late half of the Switch era really has shown that Nintendo doesn’t deserve my support. It’s used and piracy for me when it comes to all Nintendo products from here on out

Reactions: Marc_LFD

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch is any indication, it is advantaageous to buy the launch model specifically to be able to jailbreak it.

More of a fan of Nintendo hardware over most of their software, if it comes down to it. I very much could have passed on the Switch if not for No More Heroes 3. And all told, I think Nintendo would be done with the system once Thousand Year door releases.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I still hold and see how Nintendo Switch 2 going.

But problems for new Nintendo Switch 2 games will be price $70 dollars each one! Ouch! Same price on PS5 / Xbox One game.

I hope not have stick analog drift problems like on Nintendo Switch controller. Some PS5 controllers do have drift issues.

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, I won't buy it. Somehow I don't like playing modern games too much so it will be a waste of money.

I bought the old Switch at the end of 2023 (second-hand, unpatched RCM model) and I didn't played it much after the first months. Now it's collecting dust for 1 or 2 months already...

The only things I played on it:
Miitopia, Untitled Goose Game & WarioWare, finished the main story.
Unpacking finished.
Crash Bandicoot 3 & Crash Team Racing remakes, cannot finish because the difficulty is higher, I got back to my PS1.
Crash Bandicoot 4, too difficult and too long.
Some hours of Mario Kart, but it turns out the Wii version is more fun for me.

A console of €200+ euros which only had 4 games I really enjoyed is way too expensive.

I don't think the next Nintendo console (or any newer consoles) will bring me enough games I enjoy to justify the price.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to stop playing games based on the poor/greedy decisions that the business side of companies are doing, I would probably have to stop gaming altogether.

Other words, yes, I'm most likely buying.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
Typically speaking, I buy my Nintendo shit straight away, a huge Nintendo fanboy. I usually double dip on my physical copies until someone hacks the system.

The issue now is, I have unopened copies of later games that I only bought once, so if Nintendo announce next gen patches for BC games, looks like I'll be double dipping again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Not the first time this has happened with Drake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Not the first time this has happened with Drake.