Please help! WUP Installer GX2 does not see my games!

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

Going nuts here.

When I load Wup Installer GX2 it does not see any games/ files at all.

It loads, and I can access settings, thats it.

My Game is in SD>install>[title]

The game is a wii game, and the folder contents are three cert files and a bunch of app and h3 files.

No clue what I am doing wrong and any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Pics

Attachments

• gba1.PNG
    gba1.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 3
  • gba2.PNG
    gba2.PNG
    55.9 KB · Views: 3
  • gba3.PNG
    gba3.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by daikon1,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is from memory I haven't used it in more than 5 years, but I believe

Install folder goes inside Wii U folder, you have it on the outside of it.

So Wii U > install > games here

So drag and drop install folder inside Wii U, then do the same for all the game files inside Wii U > install. They should show up after that.

If that isn't it, are you showing screenshots of the full path is there any other folders inside the folder you have an arrorw you're pointing to or just the files?

If neither is it I'm not sure then.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So drag and drop install folder inside Wii U, then do the same for all the game files inside Wii U > install. They should show up after that.

If that isn't it, are you showing screenshots of the full path is there any other folders inside the folder you have an arrorw you're pointing to or just the files?

Hi Jaynem,

Thank you. Although, I tried what you said and it still didn't work.

Here are screenshots.

I thought I read everywhere that the game folder should be dropped in the install folder which was in the root of the sd card.

But I tried it your way. ...I was not sure if I should do wiiu or wii u so I did both.

So I tried,

SD://install/ the game folder
SD://install/wiiu/ the game folder
SD://wiiu/install/ the game folder

all three ways no luck. Unless syntax matters and I need to capitalize something?

Thank you for trying though!

... and the screenshots were full path

Attachments

• gba try1 b.PNG
    gba try1 b.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
  • gba try1a.PNG
    gba try1a.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
  • gba try2a.PNG
    gba try2a.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 1
  • gba try2b.PNG
    gba try2b.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by daikon1,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I googled and this old thread says you actually had it right the first time. I don't know why they aren't showing up sorry.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-not-finding-folder-files.464242/

It should be sd/install/[Game name folder]/many .app files, to be specific. Any deviation from this won't work.

Only last suggestion I would have is try to rename the game folder to something simple, it doesn't matter what it's called it doesn't effect if the game shows up. But, you have many games and none are showing up so I don't think that'll help.

You seem to be only focused on the one Wii game (which I assume was made by inject with WiiVC injector? Did you make it yourself or download the game?) but you have a bunch of other games there, were you able to see and install any of them before to your Wii U or did you just put all of them on the sd card and need to install them all? I'm wondering if there could be an issue with the sd card or something like that if you havent' been able to install any of them, but if it's just the one game it's probably an issue with that one Wii injection.

Also it appears there's around 100 Gb's of games on there, how big is that sd card? I'm just speculating that it could possibly be a fake? But just throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Because the games are in the correct path and they should be showing up.

Last edited by Jayinem,

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I googled and this old thread says you actually had it right the first time. I don't know why they aren't showing up sorry.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-not-finding-folder-files.464242/

Only last suggestion I would have is try to rename the game folder to something simple, it doesn't matter what it's called it doesn't effect if the game shows up. But, you have many games and none are showing up so I don't think that'll help.

You seem to be only focused on the one Wii game (which I assume was made by inject with WiiVC injector? Did you make it yourself or download the game?) but you have a bunch of other games there, were you able to see and install any of them before to your Wii U or did you just put all of them on the sd card and need to install them all? I'm wondering if there could be an issue with the sd card or something like that if you havent' been able to install any of them, but if it's just the one game it's probably an issue with that one Wii injection.

Also it appears there's around 100 Gb's of games on there, how big is that sd card? I'm just speculating that it could possibly be a fake? But just throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Because the games are in the correct path and they should be showing up.
I think nuspli put a bunch of them there. I can remove them or put them in a separate folder. But nothing is showing up.

I will try renaming the game though.

It is wierd though. Nothing is showing up. Also when I launch Wup installer, all I see is the options menu in the lower left corner and I can't really do anything with that.

Thank you though.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you or have you not installed a game from the sd card your using before?

Where did you get the sd card and what brand is it? How many gb is it?

Do you have another sd card you can try? Even just put the one Wii game on it and see if it shows up or not.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you or have you not installed a game from the sd card your using before?

Where did you get the sd card and what brand is it? How many gb is it?
I have used it for homebrew/ hacking. I have never installed a Wii game from the card though. I did install wiiu via nusplii with it.

64 gig . I do not think any corruption is the problem.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's just this one game that's the problem? But I thought you said no games are showing up? Your first screenshot shows like a dozen games.

Something to understand that Wii game is essentially a Wii U game because of the format it's in. It's no different than any other Wii U game now. It's a Virtual Console game essentially. You haven't said what game it is but either someone converted it to that format or it's a real game you could have bought that just happens to be a Wii game but is a Wii U VC game.

What Wii game is it I'm curious because it could have been an badly created inject if someone made it out of a Wii ISO, but the alternative would be that it's an official Virtual Console game then that wouldn't be the case. Some Wii games you could buy on Wii U but many you could not.

Last edited by Jayinem,

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's just this one game that's the problem? But I thought you said no games are showing up? Your first screenshot shows like a dozen games.

Something to understand that Wii game is essentially a Wii U game because of the format it's in. It's no different than any other Wii U game now. It's a Virtual Console game essentially. You haven't said what game it is but either someone converted it to that format or it's a real game you could have bought that just happens to be a Wii game but is a Wii U VC game.

What Wii game is it I'm curious because it could have been an badly created inject if someone made it out of a Wii ISO, but the alternative would be that it's an official Virtual Console game then that wouldn't be the case. Some Wii games you could buy on Wii U but many you could not.
UPDATE: lol.... not there yet

All of my other games were done via Nusplii and show up without issue on the WiiU menu (installed to HDD).

I removed everything from the install folder on the SD except for the game. I renamed the game WUP so I was sure no special characters were messing things up

I then launched the homebrew channel, unistalled my WUP instaler gx, searched for WUP installer GX and downloaded a different version that seemed to be more recent (higher version number)

Then the game showed up!! Hot Wheels: Beat That!

Then the game installed to the WiiU

After Installation the gamepad and TV went black. I had to hold power to restart.

The game tile with the artwork I chose in TeconMoon showed up

Clicked the tile saw my banner and was prompted to choose gamepad or wiimote.

And then black screen and lockup....

I pulled the plug and tried the other option and the same thing. Black screen / lockup meaning I needed to pull the power cord to restart the system.

Any ideas?

FWIW I did not mess with hacking the vWii on my system ever. Sorry if this is a dumb thing, but I assume that I did not need to hack the vWii if doing it this way.

Any thoughts? Thank you again!

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99% for sure it's a bad rip of the Wii ISO from whoever uploaded it. You'd have to find it elsewhere or create another one using TeconMoon's Wii U VC Injector, you'd have to find the Wii ISO on the internet first.

If you could try to be more clear in the future when asking for help. Your thread topic says "games" then you said it was just one game, then I asked you about that and you don't answer my questions but I've helped you as much as I am able to.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99% for sure it's a bad rip of the Wii ISO from whoever uploaded it. You'd have to find it elsewhere or create another one using TeconMoon's Wii U VC Injector, you'd have to find the Wii ISO on the internet first.
Thank you!

So do I need to hack the vWii? I assume not, but just want to make sure.

Thanks again!

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it has nothing to do with that, you just need to either find another injection that someone made (archive.org might have it but unlikely) or create the injection yourself.

If you could try to be more clear in the future when asking for help. Your thread topic says "games" then you said it was just one game, then I asked you about that and you don't answer my questions but I've helped you as much as I am able to.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it has nothing to do with that, you just need to either find another injection that someone made (archive.org might have it but unlikely) or create the injection yourself.

I appreciate the help!

And yes, it did not see any games in the list ( it should have)- that's why I made that title.

I was concentrating on one game specifically though - although all should have shown up.

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow