Injecting WiiWare wad into Wii U menu

singles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have done hours of Google search and the question has been asked here before in the past years but I hope progress has been made somehow in that direction: As many of us here, I have some fine WiiWare (Contra Rebirth, Bomberman Blast, World of Goo etc.) I would like to start - it it is possible without too much hassle - from the Wii U menu of my homebrewed Wii U.

I went down different roads already. I tried installing them into the vWii menu, but after I had installed about 8-10 games (and I have about 20), the vWii memory was full and I could not start any Wii injects at all anymore from the Wii U menu.

By now, the easiest way to start (and exit!) WiiWare comfortably ist to sell the Wii U, buy a mini PC and emulate the thing. But this is not what I have in mind. :) Any new ideas on this issue in May 2024?

singles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You should try use a USB loader's emunand function instead of install directly to the physical Wii nand.
Thank you for your reply. But with USB Loader I still have to go through the vWii menu thing. No way to start playing this stuff from Wii U menu still?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went down different roads already. I tried installing them into the vWii menu, but after I had installed about 8-10 games (and I have about 20), the vWii memory was full and I could not start any Wii injects at all anymore from the Wii U menu.
This is the only way to launch Wiiware from the Wii U menu. You have to install the wad to vWii menu and then make a forwarder channel from the Wii U side. With the right tool you can implement Wii U GamePad controls optionally where applicable (obviously not useful for a game like World of Goo). The size of the vWii menu restriction is indeed very real, so choose your favorite few Wiiware games and implement them this way. Then put the rest in USBLoaderGX via its emunand settings and you can play all the Wiiware you want on your Wii U, though only a handful of your favorites can be launched directly from the Wii U menu. You can create a channel for USBLoaderGX directly from your Wii U menu, so it's not that big of an inconvenience to have to first go to that channel and then launch any other Wiiware games from there, that's what I do and I really can't complain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran +1