Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've sticked this thread.

now we wait for the world cup.... only a couple hours or so.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First shock result in the world Cup. Well done Saudi Arabia on the well deserved win against Argentina.

Got to say though the refereeing so far at the world Cup has been very poor. For instance in the game that just finished a Saudi player was knocked out cold after a collision with his own keeper and the ref kept the game going for about 3 minutes before stopping the play for the player to get medical attention. When a player is knocked out play should be stopped immediately. Head knocks can be bloody serious and need attention straight away.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gotta agree about the refs... They make our ones look half competent!

Missed todays first two games with work (shakes fist...) but the Argies game sounds insane. Ronaldo on VAR duty?? :rofl:

Reactions: AmandaRose

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fuckin hell! He's in the multiverse now! :ohnoes::wacko:

Is he ok? They seriously didn't stop for that?? That is shocking... Completely different from the convo we had recently about big Joe Hart failure. That was a UFC quality K O!

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fuckin hell! He's in the multiverse now! :ohnoes::wacko:

Is he ok? They seriously didn't stop for that?? That is shocking... Completely different from the convo we had recently about big Joe Hart failure. That was a UFC quality K O!
As it was at the end of the game I'm convinced the ref thought he was play acting to waste time. When the collision happened the keeper punched the ball to near the half way line. A Argentinean player got the ball and instead of kicking it out he passed it to a team mate and this continued for a good few minutes while the Saudi players were desperately trying to win the ball back to put it out of play. Eventually the ref stopped the game. It was bloody ridiculous.

No news yet on how the player is doing. But he will be lucky not to have a fractured skull. Made me feel rather queasy when I watched the game live.

(Edit) Just read he has a broken jaw and some of his teeth reportedly smashed out.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
  • Wow
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
As it was at the end of the game I'm convinced the ref thought he was play acting to waste time. When the collision happened the keeper punched the ball to near the half way line. A Argentinean player got the ball and instead of kicking it out he passed it to a team mate and this continued for a good few minutes while the Saudi players were desperately trying to win the ball back to put it out of play. Eventually the ref stopped the game. It was bloody ridiculous.

No news yet on how the player is doing. But he will be lucky not to have a fractured skull. Made me feel rather queasy when I watched the game live.

(Edit) Just read he has a broken jaw and some of his teeth reportedly smashed out.
It was a difficult decision for the referee (to stop the game), as Saudi Arabia was doing lots of stunts to waste time before that happened. That disgusting VAR thing could be used there, as they had the closed up image before anyone else I believe.

About the player's health status, he indeed broke the jaw, and there is signs of internal bleeding (I don't know if it's the right term in English for that kind of stuff) so he will undergo a surgery on Saudi Arabia, I believe it will happen today.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: