Tutorial  Updated

Downgrade to 6.2 with no NAND backup, get ReiNX back!

A lot of people seem confused on this subject. As was I about an hour ago. Thought i'd make a thread and (hopefully) help out a few people who are out of the loop or just plain can't resist the urge to update.

This thread may become irrelevant in the near future due to added 7.0 support
This should also help people interested in playing warez get their games and the ability to install NSP games back.
This guide assumes you are a ReiNX user who has updated their switch.

If you have updated to 7.0 as a ReiNX user you are either in the following two situations:
Situation 1:
Your switch cannot boot into a CFW due to having set up with ReiNX and not having 7.0 support

Situation 2:
You are using another CFW and cannot use any of your previously installed NSP games.

Follow this guide and get ReiNX back:

1. Download the latest release of Atmosphere CFW
  2. Extract the .zip onto your SD
  3. Download ChoiDujourNX and put it on your SD
  4. Find Nintendo Switch FW 6.2.0 somewhere or extract it from a game. (more info on how to do that in the release thread)
  5. Put your firmware files on your SD card in a folder named 6.2 FW
  6. Download hbl.nsp and put it in the atmosphere folder on your SD
  7. Enter RCM and launch fusee-primary.bin from the Atmosphere github page in step 1
  8. Launch the HBL by entering the album
  9. Launch ChoiDujourNX
  10. Choose Folder 6.2 FW as your install source
  11. Wait on OFW 6.2 to install make sure to choose the exFAT option if you have an exFAT formatted SD card
  12. Your switch should reboot into atmosphere, or be off at this point.
  13. Make sure your switch is on FW 6.2 if it is powered on.
  14. Turn off the switch and enter RCM and launch ReiNX.bin (which you should have from your previous install)
Enjoy! And don't update this time! A good tip is to keep your switch in Airplane mode so that the update does not auto download.
ReiNX should work as intended at this point.

Last edited by IHOP,
D

Deleted User

A lot of people seem confused on this subject. As was I about an hour ago. Thought i'd make a thread and (hopefully) help out a few people who are out of the loop or just plain can't resist the urge to update.

This thread may become irrelevant in the near future due to added 7.0 support
This should also help people interested in playing warez get their games and the ability to install NSP games back.
This guide assumes you are a ReiNX user who has updated their switch.

If you have updated to 7.0 as a ReiNX user you are either in the following two situations:
Situation 1:
Your switch cannot boot into a CFW due to having set up with ReiNX and not having 7.0 support

Situation 2:
You are using another CFW and cannot use any of your previously installed NSP games.

Follow this guide and get ReiNX back:

1. Download the latest release of Atmosphere CFW
  2. Extract the .zip onto your SD
  3. Download ChoiDujourNX and put it on your SD
  4. Find Nintendo Switch FW 6.2.0 somewhere or extract it from a game. (more info on how to do that in the release thread)
  5. Put your firmware files on your SD card in a folder named 6.2 FW
  6. Download hbl.nsp and put it in the atmosphere folder on your SD
  7. Enter RCM and launch fusee-primary.bin from the Atmosphere github page in step 1
  8. Launch the HBL by entering the album
  9. Launch ChoiDujourNX
  10. Choose Folder 6.2 FW as your install source
  11. Wait on OFW 6.2 to install
  12. Your switch should reboot into atmosphere, or be off at this point.
  13. Make sure your switch is on FW 6.2 if it is powered on.
  14. Turn off the switch and enter RCM and launch ReiNX.bin (which you should have from your previous install)
Enjoy! And don't update this time! A good tip is to keep your switch in Airplane mode so that the update does not auto download.
ReiNX should work as intended at this point.

Thought you needed a nand backup. Gonna give this a go right now just to be able to dump tsec since currently cant on 7.x

IHOP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought you needed a nand backup. Gonna give this a go right now just to be able to dump tsec since currently cant on 7.x
Too much work on 7.0 bro. Just come back to the 6.2 master race and enjoy the ease of use and ReiNX support!

D

Deleted User

Too much work on 7.0 bro. Just come back to the 6.2 master race and enjoy the ease of use and ReiNX support!

Currently dumping my 7.X nand then going back to 6.2. Thank you for the info bud.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Okay, I got black screen now after downgrade and load into atmosphere. The boot screen still on and Nintendo logo appear but it all black after that.

IHOP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got black screen now after downgrade and load into atmosphere. The boot screen still on and Nintendo logo appear but it all black after that.
Should just be autoRCM. Which is enabled after the downgrade.

D

Deleted User

No, I mean after I relaunch atmosphere from rcm mode it not boot into main menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how to fix that?

When you downgrad to 6.2 make sure exfat is selected

Batouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have the same problem as anhminh, what do I do now, I can't go in Choidujour on the switch anymore because i can't simply boot.
Just in case to be sure that we did the same mistake, anhminh if you wait a lot of time after injecting the payload do you have an error like "go on the www*nintendo*com/error/etcetc" ?

D

Deleted User

So I have to reformat my SD card to something else to boot in again?

Sorry if your card is fat 32 right now then you should boot into cfw if all files are correct

If your card is exfat and you didnt install exfat driver then you will not boot CFW

Turn off auto rcm off after downgrade if you want to boot OFW

D

Deleted User

I have the exfat driver, but I still blackscreen, can you help me please, I'm starting to freak out ...
(sorry to ask you that but I'm really scared about the fat that I probably lost 300€)

Autorcm on or off?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo