GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
EDIT: Did some Googling, looks like you stole most (if not all) from this site: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57728 Nice job, stealing that forum's work without even mentioning them, all you did was copy and paste.
QUOTE said:
RAM - Random Access Memory. Is vital for a computer to run. Most programs now adays rely on at least 64 MB. 512 MB is average. The less RAM you have, the longer it will take for programs to do stuff and the more chance of an error too.
Pretty much no computer 512 MB now, average is a least 1GB with all the people with 2, 3, 4, even 6 or 8GB of RAM.

QUOTE said:
USB Ports - A small rectangle port that alot of external products run on (Portable harddisk, gamepads, webcams, etc.). Only supported by Windows Me and Above. (Havent tried '98 yet tongue.gif I think it works there.)
Later releases of Windows 95 had USB support.

QUOTE said:
Computer Files!
EXE - Executable. Nearly all appliations are in a .EXE format.
DLL - Dynamic Linking Library. DLLs are needed for some progams to work.(example: Emulators.)
TXT - It means "Text file" . Notepad uses it. There is no text formatting.
RTF - Rich Text Format. Word processors use text formatting and one of the extensions is RTF.
DOC - Document. Microsoft Word, Word Processor etc. Use it.
BMP - Bitmap. Biggest and main graphic extension. Saves every pixel.
PNG - Portable Network Graphic. Recommended. Compresses graphics but not too bad.
JPG - Jpeg. JPGs are common. They can ruin some colors.
vExtensions:
HTM/L - Hyper Text Markup/Language. Web page basis.
PHP - More advanced than HTML.
FRM - Form
VBP - Visual Basic Project
Why are these separate? Most applications are in EXE, some are .bat or .com files. JPGs only ruin the colors when the compression is high. PHP has almost nothing to do with HTML, it is used to program internet programs like forums.

More Terms:
AIM - AOL Instant Messenger
MSN - MSN Instant Messenger
YIM - Yahoo! Instant Messenger. Used by SBCYahoo users. Also known as Y!M or YIM.
ICQ - Another IM that isn't used all that often
Skype - A voice chat IM program, which also has normal IM stuff
gTalk - Google Talk, Google's new IM program. Uses Jabber for it's text chat.
Not only can everyone use YIM, SBCYahoo doesn't exist anymore.

Compression Terms
TAR : Tape Archives. Usually used on Linux and BSD. Used to contain two or more files as a single file.
TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ, TAR.BZ2 : Compressed TAR files using BZip or GZip. Normally used to distruibte applications for Linux and BSD.
Why is this separate from the descriptions of ZIP and RAR files?

These are just some of the many, MANY mistakes, not including all the spelling and grammar mistakes.

(some quotes had to be in spoilers)
I was so close! That thread was made in 2005, I said 2004!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
rofl2.gif
Yay!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4