Gaming Best Castlevania on the DS?

Raika

uguu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering which Castlevania on the DS is the best, Portrait of Ruin, Dawn of Sorrow or Order of Ecclesia? I found Dawn of Sorrow the most appealing, but i have no idea which one to play
frown.gif
. Any suggestions?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it a tossup. Here's my opinion:

Dawn of Sorrow = Order of Ecclesia > Portrait of Ruin

And even there, I might put DOS higher than OOE. I just had a bit more fun with it...

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In fact all three castlevanias are great games. Each one has it´s own (dis)advantages. I completed all three games and couldnt say which one i liked the most...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Dawn of Sorrow the best. PoR was kinda lackluster compared to the other two. The only special thing about it was the dual character interaction. Ecclesia is just too hard for it's own good. For me it just makes it annoying rather than fun.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dawn of Sorrow was the only Castlevania game I've ever gotten bored with. I've tried two or three times to play through that game, and each time, I get about half way through and I just lose interest. PoR and OoE are both great, but I think OoE is a bit better than PoR. I didn't find OoE to be harder than the rest except for one boss, and even that was easy once I got a particular piece of armor.

I'd recommend playing all three. If you get bored with one, just move on to the next.

The GBA Castlevanias are also very good. You should play them as well.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I liked Dawn of Sorrow the best. PoR was kinda lackluster compared to the other two. The only special thing about it was the dual character interaction. Ecclesia is just too hard for it's own good. For me it just makes it annoying rather than fun.

Agree on PoR and the difficulty level in Ecclesia, although the dual character interaction in PoR felt forced and extraneous to me.

The problem I had with Dawn of Sorrow was the soul-collecting stuff, because the probabilty that one would appear (especially the ones you REALLY needed) was consistently very low. I could spend what collectively ended up being hours fighting the same enemy over and over trying to collect a certain soul. I do think that they increased the rate a bit in PoR, and even moreso in Ecclesia.

What I do like about Ecclesia is the exploring different areas thing, because I think it really goes back to the feeling of Simon's Quest much more than the artificial thing that PoR did with the paintings. Unlike PoR's paintings the different areas in Ecclesia all feel much more real to me (except, ironically, the ecclesia headquarters themselves) and seem to have an actual sense of construction and geography. So I like that because it feels like the character is going to places and making progress, even if the areas don't seem to be linearly connected like Final Fantasy X.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OoE is the only one I've played so far and man, am I loving it! I might try Dawn of Sorrow soon as it's the sequel to the awesome Aria of Sorrow.

PS: SHANOA IS HOT!
PPS: SHANOA IS HOT!
PPPS: SHANOA IS HOT!

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
she looks like she hasnt slept for days
frown.gif

I still find her uber cute.

warmijwilfaain said:
Mei-o said:
QUOTE(Raika @ Oct 28 2008, 06:33 PM) erm who's shanoa?
frown.gif

Order of Ecclesia protagonist, she gives me boners, don't ask

Oh no I'm asking

She gives you boners?
wtf.gif
You just don't get it do you?

Ok, now everyone go back before I get accused of derailing this thread.

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
DOS for me. Absolutely loved the Soul System. I kinda missed weapons and spells as separate categories for OoE, but the Glyph system is a fresh idea that works great too after getting used to it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.