Are you upgrading?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 11 can recieve updates Nomatter if you have installed it on unsupported hardware or supported: Ms isn't blocking updates only the hardware to get windows 11 (thats why i used the win10 iso to trick the installer it is installing windows 10 but when you can select the version you want it said windows 11 instead of 10)
Only thing you need is both win10 and win 11 iso and copy the install.wim from the win11 iso to the win10 iso and tada
You fixed windows 11 (It could happen that you still got the Unsupported message just use regedit to fix that SHIFT + F10 is the shortcut in the installer for CMD)
There is a very real chance Windows 11 on unsupported hardware won't get updates. Most likely, it will receive cumulative updates, but it won't receive new builds. This means, for example, that 22000 will reach end of life in 2023 (2024 for Enterprise) and won't get updated to the next build automatically.

We might be able to just bypass the system requirements again on new builds like we did with the original ISO, but these builds may implement more active usage of hardware features that unsupported systems might be lacking.

Reactions: Guggimon

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to edit your OP to move goalposts, and you know this full well. You're intentionally being stupid for stupid sake. You moved the goal posts in subsequent comments. Try again. Also, an upgrade install of Win 11 has been shown to cause much more of a mess. Widespread reports of Win 10 leftovers all over the place including GUI elements. The TPM and other restrictions have also been proven to be not really be anything more than scare tactics & that a person is zero amount less safe/secure than a person running a Windows 10 machine that doesn't have TPM. Which is a LOT of Windows 10 machines.

tl;dr - The majority of things you were trying to push off on me are STILL a bunch of nonsense.
I haven't moved any goalposts, as my points haven't changed.

Nobody said anyone was/wasn't editing posts. If you're still doing research on what a strawman argument is, that's another example of one.

There is very real evidence that MBEC can and will cause significant performance issues on unsupported hardware. At least some of the strict hardware requirements are not arbitrary. Personally, I am running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware, and it's running great. That doesn't mean it will always be the case for people, now or in the future. I've explained why.

There is evidence that most of the new system requirements do indeed result in a more secure machine: https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-demoes-hacker-attacks-on-pcs-with-no-tpm-vbs-and-more/

You sure do have a lot to say for someone who "doesn't have anything else to say."

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't moved any goalposts, as my points haven't changed.

Nobody said anyone was/wasn't editing posts. If you're still doing research on what a strawman argument is, that's another example of one.

There is very real evidence that MBEC can and will cause significant performance issues on unsupported hardware. At least some of the strict hardware requirements are not arbitrary. Personally, I am running Windows 11 on unsupported hardware, and it's running great. That doesn't mean it will always be the case for people, now or in the future. I've explained why.

There is evidence that most of the new system requirements do indeed result in a more secure machine: https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-demoes-hacker-attacks-on-pcs-with-no-tpm-vbs-and-more/

You sure do have a lot to say for someone who "doesn't have anything else to say."

Yes, you did. And yes, they have.

I never said anyone was/wasn't editing posts. Reading comprehension issues much? You said your op was unchanged, thus you did not move you goal posts. I stated it doesn't HAVE to be changed/edited for you to move them. It really wasn't difficult to understand what I was saying. I also don't need to do any research on what a strawman argument is, but it's extremely obvious that you should.

That article you referenced? It's the same exact proof I have. It clearly proves that a Win 11 machine without these features is no more or less secure than all of the Win 10 machines that don't have them either. It's right fucking there in the article. Can you even read? It seems your reading comprehension thing IS actually an issue. Go back. Read more carefully, then get back to me. You know... the part about these exploits being shown on a guess what? A WINDOWS 10 MACHINE. This portion of your post is also evidence of you moving your goal posts... again. And effectively creating your own strawman. Lmfao. Can't even make this up. It's all right there.

I can change my mind at any given moment. I'm allowed to do so. I had more to say. Don't like it? Don't read it. But trying to shame me or make me look dumb because I changed my mind is pretty weak sauce. Have anything better? Or just that and your tired, weak, and WAY overly used "strawman" shit?

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you did. And yes, they have.

I never said anyone was/wasn't editing posts. Reading comprehension issues much? You said your op was unchanged, thus you did not move you goal posts. I stated it doesn't HAVE to be changed/edited for you to move them. It really wasn't difficult to understand what I was saying. I also don't need to do any research on what a strawman argument is, but it's extremely obvious that you should.

That article you referenced? It's the same exact proof I have. It clearly proves that a Win 11 machine without these features is no more or less secure than all of the Win 10 machines that don't have them either. It's right fucking there in the article. Can you even read? It seems your reading comprehension thing IS actually an issue. Go back. Read more carefully, then get back to me. You know... the part about these exploits being shown on a guess what? A WINDOWS 10 MACHINE. This portion of your post is also evidence of you moving your goal posts... again. And effectively creating your own strawman. Lmfao. Can't even make this up. It's all right there.

I can change my mind at any given moment. I'm allowed to do so. I had more to say. Don't like it? Don't read it. But trying to shame me or make me look dumb because I changed my mind is pretty weak sauce. Have anything better? Or just that and your tired, weak, and WAY overly used "strawman" shit?
Regarding when I allegedly moved goalposts, you were responding to a post of mine where I said there were legitimate reasons to do an upgrade install, including the issues pertaining to unsupported hardware. This does not differ in any way from my original post, so it is not moving the goalposts.

I was not the one who brought up editing or not editing posts in any way, so when you suggested I was wrong because "it doesn't take editing posts to move goal posts," that was a strawman. My argument has remained consistent throughout all my posts, and I've also stated numerous times that the consistency of my posts (not anything about editing anything) is what makes it not a movement of the goalposts.

The link I shared with you shows computers without certain hardware features are exploitable when they otherwise wouldn't have been. So, in fact, some of the new hardware requirements in Windows 11 do indeed increase security. Edit: In other words, the fact that the test machine was on Windows 10 is irrelevant to the point.

I am well aware you have the ability to change your mind. I was pointing out, however, the obvious contradiction. Please note, however, that it was not a personal attack, nor was anything else I've stated. I would highly recommend cooling off and making sure your future posts are less hostile, as you seem to be engaging in all caps ranting, unwarranted personal attacks, etc. One of us is trying to engage in respectful and good-faith discourse, and it isn't you. Being embarrassed or frustrated about being wrong isn't permission to be an asshole.

Guggimon

GBAtemp's Fucker, Alt Banned and McFuckaroo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a very real chance Windows 11 on unsupported hardware won't get updates. Most likely, it will receive cumulative updates, but it won't receive new builds. This means, for example, that 22000 will reach end of life in 2023 (2024 for Enterprise) and won't get updated to the next build automatically.

We might be able to just bypass the system requirements again on new builds like we did with the original ISO, but these builds may implement more active usage of hardware features that unsupported systems might be lacking.
You got a point ngl

Reactions: Lacius

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not the one who brought up editing or not editing posts in any way, so when you suggested I was wrong because "it doesn't take editing posts to move goal posts," that was a strawman.

The link I shared with you shows computers without certain hardware features are exploitable when they otherwise wouldn't have been. So, in fact, some of the new hardware requirements in Windows 11 do indeed increase security. Edit: In other words, the fact that the test machine was on Windows 10 is irrelevant to the point.

Both of those are strawmen.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of those are strawmen.
I agree that your argument against editing a post is a strawman. I am glad we are in agreement.

Today my "non TPM/Secure Boot" Compatible PC received the first Security Updates.
If we are lucky, 22000 will continue to receive cumulative updates until its end of life in 2023/2024. As I stated previously, my guess is this is what will happen.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think I heared 11 is lighter then 10. I also read that youtube playback is smoother. It's been very responsive for me.

I had no issues with various games I tried. No stuttering or performance drop.
For my over 10 Year young PC I can confirm this.
I am using many older Tools/Software and they run smoother and sometimes a little faster than with Windows 10.
Also Gaming seems smoother with many Games I have tried.

But that could also be due to the Fact that my Windows 10 Installation was no longer in "top form" at the end and Windows 11 is now freshly installed.😉

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another strawman from the king of anti-strawmen. That makes like 3 or 4 from you in this conversation alone. Hypocrite.
At this point, I would say the talk about strawman arguments is derailing the thread. I'd like to see a specific example in which I argued against something as though it was your argument even though it wasn't, but it should probably be done over a private message if we aren't going to be talking about Windows anymore.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
For my over 10 Year young PC I can confirm this.
I am using many older Tools/Software and they run smoother and sometimes a little faster than with Windows 10.
Also Gaming seems smoother with many Games I have tried.

But that could also be due to the Fact that my Windows 10 Installation was no longer in "top form" at the end and Windows 11 is now freshly installed.😉
There seems to be cpu issues on amd with a patch incoming soon. It shouldn't be noticable on gpu limited apps but on cpu limited ones performance drop is big.

Reactions: Alexander1970

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
First I already upgrade to win 11. My custom PC is a intel i5 6th gen. On a Asus Hm110 board. The only difference bored until now is the increase on memory use, for sure due by all the new aesthetics.

Missing a lot be able to drag and drop between apps changing they focus using the taskbar. Before you could drag a item to taskbar and point to another app which become on front and drop on it. Now I have to use ALT+Win to change apps while dragging.

2. What is a strawman?

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: