Homebrew Question nintendo switch demo mode

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you still using kiosk switch as your main switch does it even play retail games you could have sold it for much more money on somewhere in internet.
They can play retail games, the firmware on them is pretty much identical to retail afaik (though I don’t have a kiosk firmware yet, so I can’t verify this OP plz send me the firmware). But yea, it’s weird that they’re using it as their main system heh

emer1310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Why are you still using kiosk switch as your main switch does it even play retail games you could have sold it for much more money on somewhere in internet.
I really do not understand, I just wanted a switch to play, I bought it on ebay and really playing is the least I could do with it. Some guys in discord helped me upload it in "normal" mode and I was able to play for two months, but two days ago I downloaded an update and went back to the beginning, I can not start the switch

emer1310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 7.14.49 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-06-21 at 7.14.49 PM.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 430

emer1310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
They can play retail games, the firmware on them is pretty much identical to retail afaik (though I don’t have a kiosk firmware yet, so I can’t verify this OP plz send me the firmware). But yea, it’s weird that they’re using it as their main system heh
Before the update, I was able to play games on the switch with some method that some guys on discord told me. They gave me some files and using tegrasmash the switch turns on in normal mode (not in store display). Now, when it turns on I reciebe the message "the software could not start" like the switch is tryiing to enter to the store display.

emer1310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Before the update, I was able to play games on the switch with some method that some guys on discord told me. They gave me some files and using tegrasmash the switch turns on in normal mode (not in store display). Now, when it turns on I reciebe the message "the software could not start" like the switch is tryiing to enter to the store display.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I get a nintendo switch on ebay and came in "store display". When I bought it I didn't know wthat does it means, later, when I got the switch, I realise that it comes in demo mode (I guess).

There's a way to disable it and be able to enter the home menu?

this console is defenitiv stolen

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you mean from a store or something like that? It means I can't play again in this switch?
Yes from a Store or from Nintendo itself i dont See a reason why you cant Play with it

The Switch is new on the Market..
In some years Stores would sell you one but No yet

Today all Store Units should be in a Store or By Nintendo itself and Not for sale

A small Chance ist there that a Switch Kiosk ia going to a bin reason some damage .
And they sell the console only

actually the property of nintendo

Last edited by loler55,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update the cfw files?
If it were that, it wouldn't be getting as far as it is.

I'm guessing that it somehow reset the system save data that determines whether it should go into the Retail Interactive Display Menu, so it's trying to go into that. But the version installed on that system isn't compatible with 8.x, so it just errors. I could be wrong though /shrug

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes from a Store or from Nintendo itself i dont See a reason why you cant Play with it

The Switch is new on the Market..
In some years Stores would sell you one but No yet

Today all Store Units should be in a Store or By Nintendo itself and Not for sale

A small Chance ist there that a Switch Kiosk ia going to a bin reason some damage .
And they sell the console only

actually the property of nintendo
A lot of game stores have shut down, could be that.

Reactions: loler55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, stay on that plastic. (If you know, you know)