Will I not get my flashcart from aliexpress?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.jpg

I got an e-mail today from Aliexpress about a coupon because my order was late. I contacted the seller and they told me to contact customs. Are flashcarts illegal to own or ship? I live in Canada so I'm a bit concerned about contacting customs to ask about where my package went.

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should not have problems getting your flashcart delivered. Make sure to be careful of AliExpress scams, though. If they message you saying that you need to pay additional fees for shipping via PayPal or other sketchy methods, do not respond and report the seller to AliExpress.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 437616

I got an e-mail today from Aliexpress about a coupon because my order was late. I contacted the seller and they told me to contact customs. Are flashcarts illegal to own or ship? I live in Canada so I'm a bit concerned about contacting customs to ask about where my package went.
I’d try and get a refund from Aliexpress and order from another seller

Customs just likes to pick and choose when they deny packages sometimes. Years ago I tried getting a bunch of Xbox modding supplies from Canada (modchipcentral) to the US and customs also seized that package. I don’t think I’ve heard of that happening to many other packages from them

TLDR: customs is grumpy get your refund and order again

Reactions: SylverReZ

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Fuck aliexpress. Wait 3 months for your order to not show up, then have to wait another 3 months for the replacement of the one that never showed up, then...

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this happen to one of my AliExpress packages a while back, but I'm located in the states, so your situation might be different.

Customs kept denying it, so the package bounced around different states into what I assume is customs facilities, until they finally accepted it and the package continued on its way to me.

Your mileage may vary.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I contacted aliexpress support and this was the outcome of the conversation. Hoping I can get a refund.

I looked here to get the flashcart I purchased: https://www.flashcarts.net/ds-quick-start-guide.html?tab=original-hacked

I clicked on the link quoted here: "A link is provided here, but this may not be the cheapest option as it’s one of the many listings: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006027046243.html - make sure to select 1PCS R4 DS PRO." I tried doing a manual search to look for another seller and this was the first result I saw https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...fGqGJb7s&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from: is that an R4DSpro? I heard there's a lot of fakes so I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

I've ordered plenty of stuff from aliexpress including a DSone awhile back and had no issues. So should I try ordering from the same seller again or can anyone confirm the link that that is an R4DSpro?
Screenshot 2024-05-17 133445.png

genistopitauniverfrocrami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, hi again kbf. Welcome to part two of your flashcart quest.

I tried doing a manual search to look for another seller and this was the first result I saw https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...fGqGJb7s&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from: is that an R4DSpro?
Nah... that ain't it. There's a post about identifying carts, but basically you want to look at the exposed part of the PCB and the URL.

Notice that the PCB of the R4DS Pro has a 'floating' 7th pin and a yellow PCB. Now you can search for them on AliExpress (which usually involves opening many tabs to check the 'Color' options and prices).

Pro tip, they're currently listed together with the www.r4i-gold.com carts, making them easier to find.

(Anyway, that slightly new design you linked looks kinda nice... I wonder if there's any reason to get a www.r4isdhc.com.)

Last edited by genistopitauniverfrocrami,

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, hi again kbf. Welcome to part two of your flashcart quest.

Nah... that ain't it. There's a post about identifying carts, but basically you want to look at the exposed part of the PCB and the URL.

Notice that the PCB of the R4DS Pro has a 'floating' 7th pin and a yellow PCB. Now you can search for them on AliExpress (which usually involves opening many tabs to check the 'Color' options and prices).

Pro tip, they're currently listed together with the www.r4i-gold.com carts, making them easier to find.

(Anyway, that slightly new design you linked looks kinda nice... I wonder if there's any reason to get a www.r4isdhc.com.)

So what should I do then? should I buy from the same seller (maybe it wasn't his fault that it didn't get past customs?) or just get this one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.32.13721802OgUIlI but you said this isn't actually an R4DSpro? I can't seem to find it when putting it into the search. So I don't really know what to do at this point. I could try and buy another one from the same seller. the flashcart guide says to just go with "1PCS R4 DS PRO." but that's the one with no label on it? while the option "1PCS A with 1PCS B" shows two. One with a label and one without? I'm confused. Does that one just have the label printed on and the one that the flashcart website suggested was one without the label? maybe customs saw that and it looked suspicious due to no label? I don't know :/

I'm wanting to get a third cart because I'm concerned my DSone is going to fail on me one day. I ordered two DSones. The one works when it feels like it and the other had an error so I had to install YSmenu kernel on it.) the EZ flash paralell seems like a lost cause at this point. Maybe they'll update it but I don't have confidence, I'm also paid way too much for it.

Was hoping this R4DS Pro would work out but yeah, it's gotta be here first for me to test it out lol.

Last edited by kbf,

moon_rabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
So what should I do then? should I buy from the same seller (maybe it wasn't his fault that it didn't get past customs?) or just get this one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.32.13721802OgUIlI but you said this isn't actually an R4DSpro? I can't seem to find it when putting it into the search. So I don't really know what to do at this point. I could try and buy another one from the same seller. the flashcart guide says to just go with "1PCS R4 DS PRO." but that's the one with no label on it? while the option "1PCS A with 1PCS B" shows two. One with a label and one without? I'm confused. Does that one just have the label printed on and the one that the flashcart website suggested was one without the label? maybe customs saw that and it looked suspicious due to no label? I don't know :/

I'm wanting to get a third cart because I'm concerned my DSone is going to fail on me one day. I ordered two DSones. The one works when it feels like it and the other had an error so I had to install YSmenu kernel on it.) the EZ flash paralell seems like a lost cause at this point. Maybe they'll update it but I don't have confidence, I'm also paid way too much for it.

Was hoping this R4DS Pro would work out but yeah, it's gotta be here first for me to test it out lol.
Search “bl2ck” on AliExpress
It's cheaper and labeled.

I got 2 cards labeled bl2ck.
both were exactly r4dspro. Also, they look better. lol

Last edited by moon_rabbit,

moon_rabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Last edited by moon_rabbit,

genistopitauniverfrocrami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So what should I do then? should I buy from the same seller (maybe it wasn't his fault that it didn't get past customs?) or just get this one
Perhaps you could consider the suggestion by TheStonedModder?

or just get this one? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.32.13721802OgUIlI but you said this isn't actually an R4DSpro?
This one is the R4DS Pro. My reply was to another link that you posted, which isn't.

Anyway, does moon_rabbit's suggestion to get the "BL2CK" labeled cart solve your issue?

I'm wanting to get a third cart because I'm concerned my DSone is going to fail on me one day.
Three carts for redundancy huh? You must have some pretty important games.

Has to eventually, right? Anyway, let us know your findings :)

Why does anyone suggest the R4DS Pro
It was from a previous thread where kbf chose it after comparing the current options.

if it neither has very good compatibility
I'd like to know more about that actually. Able to share any particular examples?

(nor) DSi/3DS support?
TBH I'd always assumed that that was more of a purist/ perfectionist thing, considering the accessibility of modding. Are there other reasons for such support?

Last edited by genistopitauniverfrocrami,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Fuck aliexpress. Wait 3 months for your order to not show up, then have to wait another 3 months for the replacement of the one that never showed up, then...
Been there. Ordered the same item from 2 different sellers and neither arrived, the whole ordeal took about 6 months and after the second refund I just bought it on eBay instead. This has happened twice.
Seems like cheap items with cheap or free shipping have a habit of never arriving and the tracking not updating after the item leaves China, which makes you wonder if they are faking the tracking somehow and they never actually shipped anything, because they would lose money if they actually shipped it.

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't worry, you will see it coming: it will just take a little patience. Maybe you will already be retired, and the plastic will crumble and rot when you open the package or, at worst, in due time it will be delivered directly to your grave .......... and finally you will rest in peace. 👻

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to work for a company that shipped products around the US and to Canada.... We had a return policy of 30 days, and often times Canada's customs was so slow the customer would have like 2-3 days to get it back to us if they needed to do a return. This was problematic to say the least. Mind you this was shipping from a state in the US so the transit time to Canadian customs was like 2-3 days meaning it sat there for like 20+ days before it would clear.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like to know more about that actually. Able to share any particular examples?
I only tested the card with the kernel the seller supplied which was extra bad. But I would imagine that games like pokemon black/white 2, the games that use nand saving and some other games like Smurfs 2/ Cars 2/ Tangled/ Toy Story 3 etc might cause issues.
Post automatically merged:

TBH I'd always assumed that that was more of a purist/ perfectionist thing, considering the accessibility of modding. Are there other reasons for such support?
Presonally I don't see 3DS modding as very accessible. There are too many steps involved for my taste. And ofc some people don't want to mod their system/ want to use the cards in a moment where modding is not an option (e.g. with friends in the holidays etc)

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...