Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Official sellers are still playing games

Migswitch.store is now claiming there is a screw shortage causing delays lmao

Because it’s so hard to find m3x3 screws

My guess is that they are too embarrassed (and will likely trigger an even bigger wave of chargebacks) to admit that most of their stock went to such alibaba resellers, ie their biggest bulk buyers, at the expense of all the single unit buyers. They usually fulfill their largest orders first even if they might not be the first in line.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing online. All of my ROMs are my own legitimate dumps. In theory as long as you only use your own legitimate backups, there shouldn't be a ban risk but we'll have to see long term.
See what I'm really waiting on is seeing if the "donor certificate file" method used online gets to be a major ban risk once there's enough carts out there to really start observing.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See what I'm really waiting on is seeing if the "donor certificate file" method used online gets to be a major ban risk once there's enough carts out there to really start observing.
There have been reports of bans from that on the mig switch sub reddit

It kinda makes sense, I'm sure Nintendo can see if all the data matches the same game or not. Not just the initial data file.

So far those are the only bans I'm seeing, those using doner certs with pirated games, and those doing weird shit like trying to use this to get free gold points

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that's a "china version". It's more like a bunch of opportunistic folks in China gobbled up nearly all of the initial supply of MIGs to resell on Alibaba at a higher price. That would probably explain why nearly all the "official" sellers were having great difficulty fulfilling their orders while Alibaba resellers had seemingly an endless supply. Now that the official sellers are finally getting stock (probably second wave of production), alibaba resellers got to lower their prices.

I don't believe this is what's happened. I think they are copies. Your assumptions aren't based on facts.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't believe this is what's happened. I think they are copies. Your assumptions aren't based on facts.

Neither are yours based on facts.

The pics you attached to the earlier post clearly showed the original MIG switch. People who bought it from aliexpress during the earlier days of the MIG release and even recently also received the MIG and not a copy, check reddit for pics. That's not to say that there aren't copies but they only appeared recently (May), namely the MIG DIY and Mig X. Both have their own unique labels, no need to use the one from the original MIG. They even proudly list on taobao using their own design (check spoiler for pic), For the Mig X, some even suspect that it could be just a relabeled MIG. They also seem to be limited for sale to those living in China and Hong Kong, maybe Taiwan as well. Those are the actual "china versions". The original MIG still makes up all listings on aliexpress, at least for what we foreigners have access to.

Check spoiler for the "china versions" alongside the original MIG

ufojp3u5ma5d1.jpeg

Pic credit to hong_kong_ghosts on reddit.

O1CN01D5rzop1YbJeXoELUs_!!73573077.jpg_Q75.jpg_.webp

Mine is a guess but it is an educated one. It doesn't make sense that so many orders across official switch sellers have been held up since january till now while aliexpress has seemingly abundant stock of it. If copies really existed so early on and were readily available internationally, there would have been even more stock of the original mig available to fulfill the initial orders because more folks would have opted/switched for the cheaper and more readily available alternative instead. There would have also been more talk about such "copies" on reddit because folks would have been bound to notice the differences, but there weren't any for some time other than the unlock which isn't for sale yet. The logical conclusion would be that most of the stock from the initial production wave went to the aliexpress resellers.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Neither are yours based on facts.

The pics you attached to the earlier post clearly showed the original MIG switch. People who bought it from aliexpress during the earlier days of the MIG release and even recently also received the MIG and not a copy, check reddit for pics. That's not to say that there aren't copies but they only appeared recently (May), namely the MIG DIY and Mig X. Both have their own unique labels, no need to use the one from the original MIG. They even proudly list on taobao using their own design (check spoiler for pic), For the Mig X, some even suspect that it could be just a relabeled MIG. They also seem to be limited for sale to those living in China and Hong Kong, maybe Taiwan as well. Those are the actual "china versions". The original MIG still makes up all listings on aliexpress, at least for what we foreigners have access to.

Check spoiler for the "china versions" alongside the original MIG

ufojp3u5ma5d1.jpeg

Pic credit to hong_kong_ghosts on reddit.

O1CN01D5rzop1YbJeXoELUs_!!73573077.jpg_Q75.jpg_.webp

Mine is a guess but it is an educated one. It doesn't make sense that so many orders across official switch sellers have been held up since january till now while aliexpress has seemingly abundant stock of it. If copies really existed so early on and were readily available internationally, there would have been even more stock of the original mig available to fulfill the initial orders because more folks would have opted/switched for the cheaper and more readily available alternative instead. There would have also been more talk about such "copies" on reddit because folks would have been bound to notice the differences, but there weren't any for some time other than the unlock which isn't for sale yet. The logical conclusion would be that most of the stock from the initial production wave went to the aliexpress resellers.

Let me tell you something that might surprise you.... other peoples pictures are often used to sell other "brand name" product. I hope I didn't crush your dreams with that one.

Let me also educate you on chinese manufacturing vs what "MIG" likes to say is built in Russia.
China has the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and also has the most people to actually work in them.
("China tops the list when it comes to manufacturing. The country makes up 28.4% of the total global manufacturing output, which adds a total value of nearly $4 trillion to the world economy." Just a quick google)
China is also the largest country to COPY everything ever manufactured from anywhere in the world.

So once we know both of those things, why would you say that everyone on those chinese ebay sites are "RESELLING" the real MIG that was supposed to be manufactured in Russia.

I'm pretty sure the ones for sale on those chinese sites are either the REAL THING from the real chinese manufacturers or they are copies and they are using pictures that can easily be found on Google.

Just accept the fact that most of you won't get your MIG that you pre-ordered from scammers based in USA or the UK as the original suppliers are not sending them to those countries right now cause they can make more money just selling it themselves from China!

My "educated guess" seems way more possible then yours. 😝😝😝

Last edited by White_Raven_X,
Reactions: Blythe93

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Let me tell you something that might surprise you.... other peoples pictures are often used to sell other "brand name" product. I hope I didn't crush your dreams with that one.

Let me also educate you on chinese manufacturing vs what "MIG" likes to say is built in Russia.
China has the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and also has the most people to actually work in them.
("China tops the list when it comes to manufacturing. The country makes up 28.4% of the total global manufacturing output, which adds a total value of nearly $4 trillion to the world economy." Just a quick google)
China is also the largest country to COPY everything ever manufactured from anywhere in the world.

So once we know both of those things, why would you say that everyone on those chinese ebay sites are "RESELLING" the real MIG that was supposed to be manufactured in Russia.

I'm pretty sure the ones for sale on those chinese sites are either the REAL THING from the real chinese manufacturers or they are copies and they are using pictures that can easily be found on Google.

Just accept the fact that most of you won't get your MIG that you pre-ordered from scammers based in USA or the UK as the original suppliers are not sending them to those countries right now cause they can make more money just selling it themselves from China!

My "educated guess" seems way more possible then yours. 😝😝😝

Made in Russia doesn't necessarily mean made ONLY (especially for an item with multiple components) in Russia, MIG never claimed the latter. For all we know, the Russian side could only be producing a single component and then shipping it off to china to be integrated with other components (eg PCB, resistors, etc) and final assembly. Even if MIG were manufacturing the whole thing in Russia, it doesn't preclude them contracting companies in China as well to manufacture them so as to increase supply and keep prices sane. Contracting other countries to make them is not the same as them being "copies" which would imply that they are not "original". It doesn't gel with current conditions either because the Russian govt is hoarding electronics and manufacturing lines for the ongoing war, leaving little capacity to make frivolous (in the eyes of the govt) products like this. It would be prohibitively expensive and a logistical distribution nightmare (good luck shipping from Russia) as well given current conditions.

As for the whole part about China's manufacturing capacity, how's that relevant? Yes that's true but it has no bearing on whether the MIGs they are selling are copies. Bear in mind that my point of contention was never about whether they were manufactured in China (that I'm well aware of) but rather whether they (the ones sold on ali) are "copies" (ie imitations) of the original MIG. So please don't conflate the two.

As for using other product pics, you seem to be forgetting that I mentioned about all those who bought from Aliexpress receiving the original MIG, even providing pics on reddit. If they were truly "copies", the wider community would have noted the differences and brought it up but there was never any talk about it. There's also the fact that I provided pics of the actual "china versions" which clearly have different labels from the original one. Even the R4 cards that were widely cloned by Chinese companies had their own unique brands/labels as well without having to use a 1:1 copy of the original brand/labelling and potentially stepping on toes in the scene. Even the copies of the SX OS hard mod for Mariko units used their own branding/labelling as well.

The most important point you seem to be missing out on is that the actual copies only appeared very recently. Never mind the part I explained about the original should have had more stock to go around if there were actually copies available internationally early on.

If anything, you last point about US/UK sellers not receiving stock from the original supplier mirrors mine. I said that the official sellers are having great difficulty in fulfilling orders because most of the stock in the initial production wave went to such resellers in China.

Also, don't you think MIG would have already put out a statement to avoid buying from ali if they were really "copies" since it would be something that is trying to undercut them while trying to pass off as them?

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
All this fuss over the cart. Nintendo should consider turning Switch 2 into a subscription service only. No buying games, just pay like $15 a month to get access to all the games, and third party devs get paid from that $15 based on the percent of total game time was spent on their game. I'd probably save money because I can go months between picking up any of my consoles, compared to paying for individual games for my OLED Switch. I have my modded Switch 1.0 but it's still on SXOS and I can't be arsed learning how to update it.

• Angry
Reactions: Starwarsfan2099

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got sick of waiting for this debacle to resolve that i just had someone install a picofly on my oled switch. I didn't want to wait another 3-6 months. Also if Migswitch are prioritising large orders to companies like Aliepxress, then screw them. New and in demand products should always have one order per customer to avoid these kind of issues. Not fussed as rocking atmosphere, hekate and dual partition sd card :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars