My 2023 guide to New Super Ultimate Injector

TheRogueMaverick

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using New Super Ultimate Injector to overhaul my virtual console library of games on my 3DS, and have found that there's lots of information to be learned and understood if you want to do it properly. The problem is, this information isn't always readily available or easy to find, and is rather niche, so I've had to do some of my own research on things. There are still lots of people asking questions or seeking help with NSUI without getting an answer. And although I don't know everything, I thought I'd just share here what I've learned and maybe it can help other people who are also trying to use NSUI. This guide assumes the use of Beta 28, as that is the latest (and likely the last) version. If any of my information is straight up incorrect, or this guide would better belong in a different forum, please let me know.

For starters, the download links for both Beta 27 and Beta 28 (on this site, at least) are disabled for unknown reasons. But you can find NSUI on Gamebrew or archive.org in either of those versions.

This guide will exclusively cover injecting NES, SNES, GB, GBC, and GBA games. Game Gear is also very straightforward so I won't need to cover it. I'm not sure how Famicom Disk System injection works unfortunately.

Credit to Asdolo, of course, for making this great software.
One thing I was curious about was the options for the Nintendo emulators, particularly for GB/GBC. I have the option for the standard version, one with link cable emulation at the cost of suspend points and one marked GBC Virtual Console (Alt). I know Pokémon Pinball GBC had digitized Pikachu sound samples that only play correctly in the link cable version. Is it possible that works in the (Alt) version?

(Had to shorten the OG post because of new account limits, haha!)

nacl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting an error using this on Mac with wine about a missing library.xml
(assuming you have wine installed from homebrew which you probably do if you're getting that error message)

* download wine-mono-9.1.0-x86.msi 
(can't link bc new account but it's on wine's official website)

* run
Code:
wine64 uninstaller
from the terminal
* click the install button and install the latest wine-mono .msi file (if you have older versions installed, remove those)
* click "okay" and it won't let you click apply but that didn't matter for me
and also after clicking "okay" and closing the wine64 uninstaller program i opened it up again and clicked "modify" on two msi files that were shown as installed, idk if this changes anything, probably not but if the other steps didn't work do this too and then close the wine64 uninstaller and you should be able to run the nsui program now just right clicking from finder

Bageena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having an issue with GBC games? I get errors that the CIA's can't be created due to invalid icons when using the ones it finds in the database. I am having a hard time finding usable replacements.

daemonspudguy

Garbage purveyor with a Japanese N3DS, they/them.
Trophies
Website
jacobatice.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get the font to work. I've tried multiple versions from different sources yet NSUI remains convinced that it isn't a TrueType font.
Update: of all things, a Windows Vista VM made the whole thing work. I'm at a loss for words.

Reactions: champsblinder02

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4