ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

deathkill781

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Not a big fan of the FUNi Kai dub, but that's really cool. It's the Kai game the West never got.
Not really a lot else to go off of. Funimation is the main dub company for dragon ball, so there really is no changing that. Ocean dub is forgotten to time, and the original dbz dub isn't the greatest. So Funimation Kai it is.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, there really isn't besides those.

Although I'll say DBZ Tap Battle was a lot of fun (it may only work on older Android devices) shame they didn't bring it to the West, too.
Nah, totally works on current android as well. I have it myself.

OK! I'm back with a nice new update. It's nothing professional again of course, but I did my best. Please enjoy Goku and Vegeta in their english voices during gameplay. Just to note this is only the base forms, more to come hopefully, but that is it for now. I'll post the patch link below(for some reason the patch is much bigger than before, probably because there are changes in the voices. So I'll be posting a drive link instead of a file, because gbatemp is saying it's too big to upload. Sorry for the inconvenience). Till the next update! See ya!

Last edited by deathkill781,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we have a option with english menu/ japanese voice dub later as well? i don't like the us dub tbh
Why not just have two different rom files?

1x Translated in English + Original Japanese Audio
1x Translated in English + FUNi Kai Dub

Kinda like standard (dubbed) and undubbed releases.

deathkill781

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Why not just have two different rom files?

1x Translated in English + Original Japanese Audio
1x Translated in English + FUNi Kai Dub

Kinda like standard (dubbed) and undubbed releases.
Yeah that's primarily the plan. Lord knows I don't have the faintest clue on how to do a menu for that. So yes, I'll be doing 2 separate roms, one for eng dub and one for Japanese dub.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing your patched English version and the game is so freaking good!

The cinematic ultimates are pretty awesome, especially on a DSi XL screen.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a lot else to go off of. Funimation is the main dub company for dragon ball, so there really is no changing that. Ocean dub is forgotten to time, and the original dbz dub isn't the greatest. So Funimation Kai it is.
Search archive.org for "DBZ ocean dubs".

Last edited by assassinz,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not reléase different patches with different dubs and one with the japanese voices?
That's the plan as stated by him.

It'd be useful for him to use version number so we'll be aware of its updated versions. This first one didn't, but he's not used to it so he'd getting used to it.

I'm super thankful as a DB fan and wanted this translated for a long time.

lujabes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not reléase different patches with different dubs and one with the japanese voices?
The English FUNimation dub is 5.1 Surround Sound meaning extracting JUST the voices is as easy as going into audacity and muting the BGM+SE channels. FUNimation is also the only cast to record for the games, so grunts and other fighting sounds are already done.

Every other dub is usually 2.0 Stereo. If he were to want to use another dub, like Latino for example, he'd have to rely on noise reduction software which could have pieces of sound effects and music remnants phasing in and out of dialogue. I know some Latino BT3 mods do this, and it sounds decent at best, but they also record new lines and idk how easy it'd be to start that if the translator is presumably English.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reached the Ginyu Saga, but that has yet to be translated so I'll wait for an update. Yes, I know how the story goes though it's more enjoyable to be able to read what they're saying.

What an incredibly faithful game with fun gameplay, yet Bandai kept it exclusive to Japan. :(

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Reached the Ginyu Saga, but that has yet to be translated so I'll wait for an update. Yes, I know how the story goes though it's more enjoyable to be able to read what they're saying.

What an incredibly faithful game with fun gameplay, yet Bandai kept it exclusive to Japan. :(
where is the patch btw? (the most recent one from this thread)

deathkill781

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
That's what I'm going to do, as I previously stated. I haven't been working on it a lot recently (for those who were wondering), because I've been busy with work (I have an internship that is required by my university). As for having different dubs working with it, now that would be too much work on me, as the sound files need to be exactly the same length as the files that I'm replacing, which is proving to be hard to do. Not only that, I need to ensure that the files aren't too big, because if they are, I can't use them, and it would break the sound in the game entirely. If I do use longer files than the original, I am met with some weird corruption in game, and voice stretching, and I've faced a lot of that for now, especially when doing vegeta. It's not that I've given up on the English dub, but it's proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. But that's OK for now. I'm trying to get through everything menu related, so that at least, y'all can have the base game with English translation. As for the voices, all I can say is I will try my best. I am no expert in any of what I'm doing in all honesty. I'm just a man with a passion. As for including different dubs (as in ocean dub and FUNi dub) , I don't think I'm gonna do that, simply because it's too hard, and completely unnecessary. We've all gotten used to the FUNi dub throughout the years, and they are the official dub in English around the world, so no reason for me to break that norm, regardless of how difficult it is. It's just more authentic that way, ya feel me? In any case, that's my answer.

Sorry about that😅. But as I said, I'm gonna try finishing up the menus first, as it is a lot faster, and sometimes a lot more complex too (god knows the options menu was horrendous). So please be patient with me😖

The English FUNimation dub is 5.1 Surround Sound meaning extracting JUST the voices is as easy as going into audacity and muting the BGM+SE channels. FUNimation is also the only cast to record for the games, so grunts and other fighting sounds are already done.

Every other dub is usually 2.0 Stereo. If he were to want to use another dub, like Latino for example, he'd have to rely on noise reduction software which could have pieces of sound effects and music remnants phasing in and out of dialogue. I know some Latino BT3 mods do this, and it sounds decent at best, but they also record new lines and idk how easy it'd be to start that if the translator is presumably English.
Yooo. If you know how to do that stuff, I would be more than thankful if you can show me, because I've faced a lot of problems with the testing that I did. Where am I supposed to get the 5.1 channel dub to begin with? If you can help me out with that, I'd very much appreciate it.

maybe by releasing the source code of the project so other people can do fan translations with other dubs
There really isn't source code😅. I just view the files to the game through tinke, and work my way from there. It might not be the most efficient way, but it's the only way I know for now. I've tried using crystaltile2, but it crashes way too often for me to use it reliably. So if you want to take a crack at doing it yourself, all you have to do is open the rom using tinke, and play around.

where is the patch btw? (the most recent one from this thread)

Nah, totally works on current android as well. I have it myself.

OK! I'm back with a nice new update. It's nothing professional again of course, but I did my best. Please enjoy Goku and Vegeta in their english voices during gameplay. Just to note this is only the base forms, more to come hopefully, but that is it for now. I'll post the patch link below(for some reason the patch is much bigger than before, probably because there are changes in the voices. So I'll be posting a drive link instead of a file, because gbatemp is saying it's too big to upload. Sorry for the inconvenience). Till the next update! See ya!

There it is! In the post I'm replying to myself in

Last edited by deathkill781,

ModelSuitJGundam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I had found out that most gameplay sound clips for Ultimate Butoden are recycled from Dragon Ball Tag VS (We know it as DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team) so there might be some hope after all, especially since that game has DBZ Kai-style voice acting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.