The MIG Switch Thread

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update from UnlockSwitch team (from Telegram):
really weird , why does it have a WiFi antenna?
and why does it have that extra piece of hardware "programmer"
it looks like it has a ZIF socket for a ribbon cable on it and another ZIF socket on the card itself to connect the 2 together via ribbon cable, but why can't it just update /flash the FW via the micro SD card?

or through wifi since it has a wifi antenna for some odd reason.

I mean last time we saw the ZIF connector was on the mod chips but they just had a micro USB, there was no/extra programmer board with chips on it in between like this thing has.
EDIT: on NM I can see it is only some caps and resistor and a voltage regulator , probably just because the programmer is using type C but it still begs the question why it can't flash FW from the micro SD and what the WiFi antenna is for.
And that bit about it not being obsolete five minutes later has me wondering
like could this thing run a lite web server and then you search for the SSID on your phone and connect to it and then be able to select a game to load from a list from there?
I mean I assume it is using a an expresiff chip, some form of esp32 or similar so it should be possible to do this if the card emulation is not using up too much resources and there is enough headroom left over.

Last edited by weatMod,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a glove! Tomorrow to work on the screw holes for attaching the lid (I made em a bit too small)

Than to add a mid layer logo so I can make it a seperate color with some manual filament swapping
IMG_0151.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg

1716865579067.png

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I got a Mig Switch in-hand.

I don't ever connect my system online. Never. Not to update games, not to play online, it has never been on a network. Is there any good reason I cannot stick any game downloaded elsewhere and play it off this cart?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a Mig Switch in-hand.

I don't ever connect my system online. Never. Not to update games, not to play online, it has never been on a network. Is there any good reason I cannot stick any game downloaded elsewhere and play it off this cart?
as long as they all have the proper files nothing is stopping you

But if any of them are flagged, the second you connect online in the future(if ever) those logs are going to get sent right to nitnendo

That being said if you never go online anyway it doesn't sound like a ban worries you anyways. Buut good luck finding public dumps for this thing, they are few and far between. There was some Chinese one floating around at one point but it was a mess iirc

Reactions: Blythe93

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a massive torrent that's already collecting games with the accompanying files intended for these.

I really need to get my Switch jailbroken some time. I think I mostly bought it just because it will be a fun thing to own as a piece of flash cart history.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==