Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

billdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
i update my switch to 18.0.1 and atmosphere 1.7 heckate 6.1.1 and used the sigpatch from impeeza post from this site.
after the update 3rd party games still work fine but every game made by nintendo+tinfoil wont work and get me an error screen (the error also appear on os 18.0.0)
there anything i can do?

juicyport

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, would really appreciate some help here. Used ValiDrive to confirm SD is not fake.

Followed NH Switch Guide, went flawlessly. Today I wanted to install Tinfoil, so I popped my SD into my PC, dragged the Tinfoil switch folder in my SDs root folder then put my SD back into my Switch. Tried to inject Hekate, but received the error "Failed to init or mount SD". From what I understand, it's because Hekate doesn't have the correct Sigpatches that something like injecting fusee.bin would? Anyways, put the SD back in my PC, and now both of the SD partitions are unreadable. I cannot access any of my files on the SD card whatsoever.

I then injected TegraExplorer and when selecting "mount SD" I'm given the [FatFS] Error: NOFAT. What do I do now?? Is there anyway this can be fixed? Can I wipe my switch and SD and then do a fresh install? Any help is super appreciated.

Last edited by juicyport,

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For transferring files, are you using Atmosphere's USB File Transfer app (haze.nro)? If so, from my personal experience it works well enough for small files, but larger files are a bit tricky. Try with Hekate's USB Tools instead.

It could be that the file got corrupted during process, therefore resulting in that error. I've never transferred files to the SD card in order to install them as I usually install my game by using dbibackend.exe when I connect my Switch to the PC. If you don't know how to do that, check this video.

If that didn't fix the issue, I'd suggest updating Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches to the latest on your problematic Switch. I don't know how you're booting into Atmosphere but since the version 1.7.0, Atmosphere no longer supports ips kip patches which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore sigpatches won't work unless you:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.
3) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.
Hi just to clarify when I said I transfer files to the SD card, I mean the SD is still in the Switch.

Basically my process is
1) connect the Switch to PC via USB
2) Open the tinfoil app on the Switch
3) My pc therefore sees the Switch like it would see any other storage device
4) I then drag and drop the game into the games folder.

I've tested the file again by dragging and dropping it onto my other Switch and it again transfers fine and installs without any issues.

This is why I'm certain that the issue here is with the USB transfer process. For some reason when it's reaching completion (15 seconds remaining), something is going wrong and for some reason the game file doesn't display in my windows file explorer on the SD card. (Tinfoil and DBI installer on the Switch do however, immediately see the file, but both refuse to actually install it and give me that unexplainable "magic" error message)

Reactions: Blythe93

Minecraft3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking here because I have no idea how to do this. What's the easiest way I can alter paper Mario ttyd remake to unlock bobbery early? (Emulator-only ways are fine for me)

I used a cheatcode to unlock bombette early in pm64 when I played that and was hoping I could do something similar for ttyd.
Like, the switch surely has something like action replay codes, right?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Switch which looks like v1.00, is it hard to hack it?

I'm not sure if I'll hack it as I'm not sure I'll do much gaming, but am curious.

Thanks.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique

Hunteradriani

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hii everyone, i have just update my kefir to kefir 734 and then suddenly i cannot play my games again, it says corrupted sd card, is there anything i can do with it? Thanks before

Notes : Already fixed, i just update the FW and voila its good to go

Last edited by Hunteradriani,

daikon1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am finally about to crack open my launch switch (well close to launch).

The guide linked in the original post is dead (the author not maintaining it)

1) Should I try Nereba, Caffeine, RCM, or something else?
2) I bought some games over the years (splatoon 2, mario aces, etc.). Should I hack before I play them and/or update, or can I pop them in, play, and hack later?
3) I would love to play online without risk of being banned. Should I go Emunand or Sysnand route?

4) What is the best up to date guide? https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

5) Thank you!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This is why I'm certain that the issue here is with the USB transfer process. For some reason when it's reaching completion (15 seconds remaining), something is going wrong and for some reason the game file doesn't display in my windows file explorer on the SD card. (Tinfoil and DBI installer on the Switch do however, immediately see the file, but both refuse to actually install it and give me that unexplainable "magic" error message)
I've never encountered such issue so I can't really help you troubleshoot it any further. Only thing that I can suggest is to try and use Hekate's USB Tools and see if that will work. I know I had issues with Atmosphere's USB File Transfer app (haze.nro) when transferring either a big file or large amount of files, while Hekate's USB Tools always worked for me properly.

I am using the latest version of atmosphere, and fusee.bin
The guide you linked is a bit outdated (I've noticed that they're still mentioning the fusee-secondary.bin which is no longer in use, so it might be that you set up something the wrong way. Since you already have an emuNAND, I'd replace whatever you currently have on your SD card (except for the emuMMC and Nintendo folder) with files mentioned here and see if that will work.

Additionally, for game backups to work, you'll need either sigpatches or sys-patch module. Note that Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore sigpatches won't work unless you:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.

Note that using both is also an option but, if you'd like to keep things simple on your SD card, I'd suggest sticking to one of them.

after the update 3rd party games still work fine but every game made by nintendo+tinfoil wont work and get me an error screen (the error also appear on os 18.0.0)
Which error are you getting? I've never had an issue with any game so far after installing it with DBI (only once, when I needed to clear system cache when I needed to go into maintenance mode on my emuNAND). Here's a good video tutorial on how ti works.

Used ValiDrive to confirm SD is not fake.
First time hearing about this app, I've usually used h3testw to see if the card is working properly or not.

Followed NH Switch Guide, went flawlessly. Today I wanted to install Tinfoil, so I popped my SD into my PC, dragged the Tinfoil switch folder in my SDs root folder then put my SD back into my Switch. Tried to inject Hekate, but received the error "Failed to init or mount SD". From what I understand, it's because Hekate doesn't have the correct Sigpatches that something like injecting fusee.bin would? Anyways, put the SD back in my PC, and now both of the SD partitions are unreadable. I cannot access any of my files on the SD card whatsoever.

I then injected TegraExplorer and when selecting "mount SD" I'm given the [FatFS] Error: NOFAT. What do I do now?? Is there anyway this can be fixed? Can I wipe my switch and SD and then do a fresh install? Any help is super appreciated.
Did you format it to FAT32 or exFAT? FAT32 is the recommended one as it's less prone to data corruption. Try that same card with the h3testw and see if it's working properly or not. If it's working properly, go through the NH Switch guide again.

I bought a Switch which looks like v1.00, is it hard to hack it?
Enter its serial number here and, if it's unpatched, it's easy to hack it. Otherwise, if it's a patched console, you might need to install a modchip.

1) Should I try Nereba, Caffeine, RCM, or something else?
Nereba requires firmware 1.0.0, while Caffeine requires 2.0.0-3.0.0. If you have one of these, those are the software-only exploits, where you don't need to enter RCM at all. If your firmware is higher, you'll need to go with fusee-gelee the exploit which works on all unpatched models. However, it all depends on whether your unit is unpatched or not. Check here by entering your serial number.

2) I bought some games over the years (splatoon 2, mario aces, etc.). Should I hack before I play them and/or update, or can I pop them in, play, and hack later?
Depends on the firmware you have on your Switch, I guess. I'm not really familiar with Nereba and Caffeine exploits because I never had a Switch with such a low firmware. I'd start the hacking process with a clean Switch (no games and apps installed to it) and make an emuNAND.

3) I would love to play online without risk of being banned. Should I go Emunand or Sysnand route?
Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to play game backups? If so, it's recommened to use emuNAND for all your hacking needs and sysNAND for all your legit stuff. Here's a quick guide on how to avoid getting banned. Note that if you plan on using Nereba and Caffeine, I doubt that you'll be able to play online on your sysNAND without updating the firmware.

4) What is the best up to date guide? https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
That's the one I've used personally. Rentry.org guide has some additional info here and there, I'd suggest reading through them just so that you can figure out the terminology used and what works best for you. There's also the now defunct Switch Homebrew guide which still has some useful info on it. I've made a short guide on updating your Switch setup which you can find here.

5) Thank you!
You're welcome. ^^

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter its serial number here and, if it's unpatched, it's easy to hack it. Otherwise, if it's a patched console, you might need to install a modchip.
I'll check it when it gets here. Thanks.

If I use it, it'll be only for its exclusives, I guess, but I prefer just to boot up a DS to play GBA games.

sugarflopz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone, do save transfers from yuzu work on the switch? i tried using jksv to restore my new save file with my progression from yuzu but it's not working. what am i doing wrong?

volchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing a repair on a surrendered switch at the moment (repair shop, sometimes we fix something then the customer doesn't want to pay and we end up keeping the device after so many months, or sometimes people just drop neat shit off to recycle that we'd rather keep for ourselves). It wont boot or respond to charging. So I pop it open, and it's missing the sub board ; the one with the 3.5mm jack and game card reader on it.

Can anyone confirm whether a switch can boot without this part connected or not? If not, that's probably the only issue, although it's evidence that they may have been into the device before which means there's a possibility the motherboard was murdered.

billdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which error are you getting? I've never had an issue with any game so far after installing it with DBI (only once, when I needed to clear system cache when I needed to go into maintenance mode on my emuNAND). Here's a good video tutorial on how ti works.
when i try start a game im getting a black screen with could not start the software and then the switch treat it as corrupted file
when i try to install im getting 2002-4058 error (romNcaHeaderSignature1VerificationFailed)

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
i had my switch for a while now... and i always wondered something but was too scared to ask something dumb.
i currenttly have cfw on emummc. stock on sysnand. if i dont update my fw, should i still update atmos, hekate and sigpatches or i dont need to?
im currently on 17

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
when i try start a game im getting a black screen with could not start the software and then the switch treat it as corrupted file
when i try to install im getting 2002-4058 error (romNcaHeaderSignature1VerificationFailed)
Since you're on the latest firmware, make sure that you have the latest sigpatches and that they are working properly.
For game backups to work, you'll need either sigpatches or sys-patch module.

Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore sigpatches won't work unless you:

Note that using both is also an option but, if you'd like to keep things simple on your SD card, I'd suggest sticking to one of them.

i always wondered something but was too scared to ask something dumb
This is the noob paradise, various types of questions are being asked, both dumb and smart, and usually both get answered. Provided that there's someone to answer them, that is. :)

i currenttly have cfw on emummc. stock on sysnand. if i dont update my fw, should i still update atmos, hekate and sigpatches or i dont need to?
im currently on 17
Atmosphere, Hekate and sigpatches are all backwards compatible so you can update them and choose not to update the firmware, if that's what you want to do.

I personally try to keep my stock firmware at the lowest possible version, hoping that some day another exploit will be found (unlikely, but you never know).
As for the emuMMC, I update to the latest one available whenever a game that I play requires the higher firmware version than the one I have installed. Atmosphere, Hekate and sigpatches/sys-patch currently support the latest firmware version (18.0.1) so, unless you're using a specific homebrew app that doesn't work on the latest firmware yet, I don't see a reason not to update your CFW to the latest supported.

Reactions: BigOnYa

billdoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore sigpatches won't work unless you:
yes i download sigpatch from this link , but i don't understand the method you describe i use TegraRcm and lunch the fuse from there worked fine until today
is there a link for sys-patch maybe that will fix the problem

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
yes i download sigpatch from this link , but i don't understand the method you describe i use TegraRcm and lunch the fuse from there worked fine until today
It's pretty much: 1) Download sigpatches and copy over to the SD card, overwriting the duplicates (especially hekate_ipl.ini), 2) In TegraRCM launch Hekate's payload, 3) Launch emuMMC or sysMMC CFW, whichever you use. Launching official fusee.bin won't load sigpatches.

is there a link for sys-patch maybe that will fix the problem
If you're using fusee.bin to boot into Atmosphere, sys-patch should work for you properly. You can find the link latest release here and here.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He wants to bone anything with a dick