Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So one of my old phones the Pixel 3a is reaching its end of life of Android support this may. which is kinda sad considering its still good for what I use it for. My main Samsung S21 still has few years.

but for Android phones to have a chance against apple. phones need to have more then 4/5 years support imo.

When is your phone's end of life Android support ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let see I have a Razer Phone 2 that is on end of life support as it only goes up to Android 9.0 (Pie), main phone is S22+ so brand new phone.

Reactions: Flame

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what I use my phone for, I've never really cared when they reach EOL. I typically only buy a new phone once my current one is totally broken or unreasonably slow. And even then I still buy an older, used phone. Not about to spend £1000 to watch YouTube and play minesweeper.

Bought a Pixel 3 XL about half a year ago for £150 after my Xperia XZ Premium's USB-C port died. Even after about 2 years of being EOL, that Xperia was still working perfectly fine for me and I would have continued using it if not for the port dying. And if EOL is such a big concern because of security updates, then LineageOS should suffice.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: