Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PCSX Rearmed crashes when playing Goemon: Shin Sedai Shuumei.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?
Looks like it crashes on PC Retroarch too, so not a WiiU Pcsxrearmed issue thankfully :P
It works when set to interpreter so that suggests a Lightrec issue..
You want to make an issue on github and describe the problem there ;)

https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues

But its possible to play the game if you:
Start the game, once booted goto Core Options>System..
Turn Dynamic Recompiler=Off and turn PSX CPU Clock Speed (%) to 31
Retrun to game and it should be playable ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all.... Can someone on Aroma try a usb hdd (Fat32) and check if its being recognised from within RA? I've had a report that their usb Hdd isnt being recognised even tho it was on Tira.. Thanks :)

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest cores compiled for aroma-tiramisu, most of them are working great, except tgb dual (and doublecherryGB too, based on tgb dual), it loads right into a green screen (previosly white screen on tiramisu), probably the same endianness issue as VBA-M had.

Searching, I found you (ploggy) fixed this issue for a gba emu:
https://github.com/libretro/vbam-libretro/pull/116/commits

Can you please compile the statically linked retroarch with the pre libretro cores I managed to compile by fixing the makefile? I tried to compile retroarch for Wii U using old devkitppc builds but with no success, right now I cant install Docker to use your tutorial.

Attached are both pre compiled cores with the makefile fix. Thank you!

Attachments

• pre_compiled_cores.7z
    99.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Latest cores compiled for aroma-tiramisu, most of them are working great, except tgb dual (and doublecherryGB too, based on tgb dual), it loads right into a green screen (previosly white screen on tiramisu), probably the same endianness issue as VBA-M had.

Searching, I found you (ploggy) fixed this issue for a gba emu:
https://github.com/libretro/vbam-libretro/pull/116/commits

Can you please compile the statically linked retroarch with the pre libretro cores I managed to compile by fixing the makefile? I tried to compile retroarch for Wii U using old devkitppc builds but with no success, right now I cant install Docker to use your tutorial.

Attached are both pre compiled cores with the makefile fix. Thank you!
Here are the Cores, I haven't tested them I hope they work for you :)

Attachments

• DoubleCherryGB_libretro.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
  • tgbdual_libretro.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: zerofalcon

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Here are the Cores, I haven't tested them I hope they work for you :)
Thanks a lot ploggy :). Unfortunately, both cores behave the same when loading a rom (white or any other color screens) as they were. Maybe I did something wrong while compiling the pre libretro (libretro_wiiu.a) cores or maybe they need to be recoded from source to fix the endianness issues.

MikeBeast12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that the progress of RetroArch on Aroma is going smoothly. I won't use RetroArch on Aroma because it isn't official, yet. The Atari 5200 (A5200) core is running on the Wii U pretty well. The Anarch core on the Wii U tries to improve speed that this thing can handle, but it's playable.<3 Most games work with the A5200 core, and the analog control function rocks! I had to select to None on the Digital to Analog Controls setting on this core. I hadn't test other cores yet, but you got something that RetroArch is all about. Keep it up, guys! Retro games never die.

Reactions: ploggy
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sure I can wait on Quark's response :P
And for the sticky threads, I'm not sure, I don't have the same permissions as mods have from what I know.
I'm cool with it, though I'll note that things have changed pretty dramatically in just the last week, with people like @Maschell and @Vague Rant being involved and making big contributions. So it might get outdated fast!
Like, since Ploggy recorded that video, we redid packaging and put all the assets into a .wuhb, which dramatically brings down the load times and gives you a single RetroArch icon on the menu (as opposed to the third-party Launcher) and rewrote the ProcUI handling to support the HOME menu overlay - along with shocking features like "pressing the console power button" that weren't working in Aroma.
This is still being drafted up and hasn't been seriously looked at by the libretro core team yet, but it's coming along well. We just want to have the basic stuff in to make it work like any other Aroma homebrew, and after that's landed work can go into stuff like AXPro and GLSLCompiler.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm cool with it, though I'll note that things have changed pretty dramatically in just the last week, with people like @Maschell and @Vague Rant being involved and making big contributions. So it might get outdated fast!
Like, since Ploggy recorded that video, we redid packaging and put all the assets into a .wuhb, which dramatically brings down the load times and gives you a single RetroArch icon on the menu (as opposed to the third-party Launcher) and rewrote the ProcUI handling to support the HOME menu overlay - along with shocking features like "pressing the console power button" that weren't working in Aroma.
This is still being drafted up and hasn't been seriously looked at by the libretro core team yet, but it's coming along well. We just want to have the basic stuff in to make it work like any other Aroma homebrew, and after that's landed work can go into stuff like AXPro and GLSLCompiler.
Oh that's fantastic news!
It's moving along really fast and well.
I'll work on making an article on it later this week, just to bring people up to speed with what's been happening with the RA Aroma port, since it's been quite a while since RA had any relevance in the Wii U scene.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh that's fantastic news!
It's moving along really fast and well.
I'll work on making an article on it later this week, just to bring people up to speed with what's been happening with the RA Aroma port, since it's been quite a while since RA had any relevance in the Wii U scene.
I LOVE that WiiU RA is improving soo fast :) Thank you to all involved!!
Post automatically merged:

Thanks a lot ploggy :). Unfortunately, both cores behave the same when loading a rom (white or any other color screens) as they were. Maybe I did something wrong while compiling the pre libretro (libretro_wiiu.a) cores or maybe they need to be recoded from source to fix the endianness issues.
Theres an issue made about TGBDual here: https://github.com/libretro/tgbdual-libretro/issues/3
They mention a wrong version glibc being the issue??

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +2