Better Stereoscopic 3D Patches/Cheat Codes Releases, development and discussion

fuyurain

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank you for sharing, it's amazing!
I also want to create 3d codes for other games, but I encountered some difficulties.
Taking the "Batman" game you've already done as an example, the code shown on the first floor is as follows:
[3D Depth Default]
D3000000 00000000
006CF470 41200000
D2000000 00000000

I used the "CTRPF plugin" to search for HEX "41200000" and got hundreds of addresses.
What should I do next? I mean, how can I make the game software or the console hardware changed so that I can let "006CF470" stand out of those addresses?
Or, excuzing me noob....Could you make a video tutorial?

Last edited by fuyurain,

Silithas

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can move my eyes out as i'm lazy eyed thanks to a eye damage, and to be honest, before ones looks way better. New ones looks almost inverted.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! Why am I only just learning about this hack? Thank you to the OP and those who have worked on this!

The only reason I ever bought a handheld was because of the improved 3D on the New 3DS XL. I've never played a game on it that isn't 3D, never will, and I've never turned off the 3D. I TRULY feel sorry for anyone who made the colossal mistake of buying a 2DS instead of a New 3DS XL. A Vita is like any other handheld gaming device. So is a GameBoy. The DS at least offered a stylus and and a second screen. But the most unique gaming experience there is is the improved 3DS on the New 3DS XL. It is unlikely to matched for at least another 20 years. Get one while they are still somewhat affordable if you don't already have one!

Moogley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Love the idea for this plugin. I'm having issues though.

I've gotten the patch to work on the relevant games, but some other games crash while the plugin is enabled. For example, with plugins enabled, when I try to start Harmoknight, I get a flash of a purple screen, red screen, and then an arm11 exception that looks like this:

An exception occurred

Processor: Arm11 (core 0)

Exception type: data abort

Fault status: Translation - Section

Current process: TTQ

I've tried some other random games and not had this issue, but I'm assuming there are others. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by Moogley,

mosslump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who want to play games that have codes but in a different region, first give the code a try, it might just work!

In my case I only play Japan region games and Zelda OOT works with no changes. I was amazed the first time I saw how far the depth went. Ps, I had to use luma3ds to apply the cheat as ctrpf crashes.

I was disappointed at first when I then tried Majora's mask only to get a hard crash. (I imagine whatever the address is which is getting modified with the USA region code is critical to the Japan region since with other titles I tested the codes simply didn't have any apparent effect.)

I decided to use the guidelines in the op to see if there was any way to get it going and was so thrilled when I was able to find the correct address I felt compelled to post about it.

Here is what I did:

Using ctrpf I searched for the default depth value and from the results tried to find the address that was most similar to the listed USA region address. Then I plugged that address in instead, tested, and if it didn't work, tried another one from the search result as needed till it kicked in. It was easier to notice when I found the right code by using the one that disables the 3d.

So far I have been successful in finding two Japan region depth codes:

Yokai Watch 1 (Japan) - 00040000000CF400

Change this:
0061F6C8

To this:
0061B6C8

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (Japan) - 00040000000D6E00

Change this:
00106BC8

To this:
00106BF4

Also tested Resident Evil Revelations (Japan) and, like Zelda oot (Japan), no change is needed! In RER however you must use ctrpf (luma3ds works but is very jumpy and glitchy) and don't forget to enable input redirection in luma3ds after launching otherwise the c stick won't work (known bug in ctrpf).

I hope this will help others to try and find and post codes for all regions. If I find them I'll add more, but I'm only gonna test games I own and want to play. Also I had no luck using this approach with Resident Evil Mercenaries (Japan).

Thanks to everyone who discovered this technique and to those taking the time to find and share.

Last edited by mosslump,

Moogley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So probably have to disable ctrpf plugin and use luma3ds (Rosalina menu) to apply the cheat. I'm planning on trying this out later.
Interested to hear how it goes! Wooly World also crashes after playing for a few minutes with the cheat on. I assume other games would as well. I really appreciate any advice on this!

Attachments

• IMG_20240531_102704909_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240531_102704909_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by Moogley,

animemouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Interested to hear how it goes! Wooly World also crashes after playing for a few minutes with the cheat on. I assume other games would as well. I really appreciate any advice on this!
Post automatically merged:

To avoid some crashes try activating the cheat right after you execute the game or at a moment that no 3D image is in the screen.

Also, try turning off some cheats once they are loaded. They will stay activated in most cases and the game will be less likely to crash.

Last edited by animemouse,

Moogley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

To avoid some crashes try activating the cheat right after you execute the game or at a moment that no 3D image is in the screen.

Also, try turning off some cheats once they are loaded. They will stay activated in most cases and the game will be less likely to crash.
Thank you, I'll try that, but I got a new crash (An error occurred Errdisp) just when trying to boot Ocarina of Time with Plugins enabled. So it looks like something else is wrong, and I don't really know what to do!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Its not really funny, that's why not.