Ubisoft reveals 'Assassin's Creed Shadows' which is set to launch later this year

assassins_creed_shadows.jpg

Ubisoft has today officially revealed the next installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise: Assassin's Creed Shadows. This entry is set in late Sengoku-era Japan and follows the story of two protagonists. The cinematic premier trailer aired today provides a glimpse at the setting:

In Assassin’s Creed Shadows, you will live the intertwined stories of Naoe, an adept shinobi Assassin from Iga Province, and Yasuke, the powerful African samurai of historical legend. Against the backdrop of the turbulent late Sengoku period, this remarkable duo will discover their common destiny as they usher in a new era for Japan. From chaos to purpose, from darkness to light. A new Creed rises over Japan.

Assassin's Creed Shadows is slated to launch this November 15 on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series S/X.

:arrow: SOURCE

SIMOMEGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Asians aren't diverse enough it seems
I looked it up and it seems that Yasuke (aka the games protagonist which its supposed to portray as) was indeed black, and the very 1° black dude to have been recorded in japan, so at the very least, its not black just for the sake of it, it still doesnt change the fact that ubisoft has been woke for a while now tho lol, idk about the other character tho.
Post automatically merged:

You're telling me that Mirage wasn't already enough? They have to do YET ANOTHER FRICKIN' ASSASSIN'S CREED GAME?
Why would Ubi abandon AC if its making them money?

People act like they aren't always online anyway.
No, no we arent.

No, no we arent.
I'll keep it short. Yasuke is served as a servant and retainer of Oda Nobunaga, but Ubisoft turned him into a samurai in this game because of DEI.
So its still woke? Even if they didnt need to? Lmao lol, oh and also F.

No, no we arent.
I'll keep it short. Yasuke is served as a servant and retainer of Oda Nobunaga, but Ubisoft turned him into a samurai in this game because of DEI.
They are about, or worse than Nintendo when it comes to anti-consumerism.

Literally reporting people in the UK for possibly saying things that cause hurt feelings.
Nintendo hasnt been as anti-consumer ever since wokeness and the ESG has started invading the western gaming industry, not that nintendo has gotten any better, lol, its just that the competition has gotten worse, much, far worse.

Yeah...no. Origins was good, as it was the introduction of this new "RPG" style of AC, and it only really had one protagonist (Bayek), aside from the one-time switch to his wife's perspective (the worst part of the game by far, as she's a much less interesting character, and gameplay-wise she lacks many upgrades the player's unlocked for Bayek, so she's weaker than him - so what was the point in making her playable? Still don't get it; pointless).

Odyssey was much worse as it tried to implement modern "equality" standards into ancient Greece - yeah, no, there would never have been a female mercenary back then, so the female PC makes no sense, nor does the litany of female enemy mercs/soldiers (or politicians, for that matter).

I never played Valhalla, but as I understand Viking culture, only men were really able to be soldiers (like most pre-modern cultures), and from the SkillUp Valhalla review the game's bloated content-wise, so...bleh.

And then this, where the player will likely be forced to switch between the two protags at certain points in the story - just like in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, probably - in which case...will upgrades and gear carry over? Will each character have their own skill tree and equipment? What about if the forced female PC isn't as fun to play as, due to having a stereotypical "strong female character" characterisation or lacklustre controls or mechanics?
Again, yeah...no. I'll stick with Ghost of Tsushima, if that's fine with Ubisoft; that's an actually-fantastic open-world samurai-Japan game.
Do you really need an answer? Its obvious why she was playable, lol, and its the same reason for why you play as that black cop woman in alan woke 2, aka wokeness.

No I'm just not getting that worked up over it
Great, keep supporting these scummy anti-consumer practices then.

LMAOOOO your that type of lad! sure he was promoted historically.
"that"? type of lad??? bro what

Well if they get people this worked up over being online why complain about them being online if we aren't even going to play them. Even back in 2014 Sony was doing this with titles like MAG which was an epic online only. Now we're getting options from smaller domains to connect to their servers to get access. Just saying there will be work around I don't get all the emotions over it.
Because ubi games were good b4 all of this crap, i want these games to become good again, and not instead to stay like crap forever..., god dude its not such a hard concept to understand, and + id rather have ppl stop buying and supporting these crappsy games, but sadly its not happening everywhere, but oh well at least suicide squad sold very little.

I wish I could waive a magic wand around like I'm a fairly odd parent but I can't grant that wish to make it go away. It's just not a huge issue to me and I'm not going to get into that scare of thinking every popular game dev is going to go the same route either.
Again, if u like slop, good for u, if i buy an os, id rather it be functional for as long as the hardware keeps working on it lmao.

If anything, I'll check out the skidrowcodex version - given there will be one. If not, meh
Codex hasnt been around ever since 2022 afaik, im not sure for skidrow, so make sure youre not downloading from imitation websites which add viruses to their games downloads lol.

I looked it up, and apparently yasuke was indeed a legit slave turned into samurai, ive just looked at just a bunch of search results, but at least on that front its not that insane to have him, the problem is that, given the past history of ubisoft with wokeness and the general trend of western gaming companies where theyre heading, its not that unrealistic to see ppl blaming ubi lol, and +, i dont really blame them, the always online crap if true too also just keeps adding more fuel to the fire, have this been a game made by some other dev, maybe the ghost of tsushima devs, or some other legit devs who didnt care at all about wokeness, then it probably wouldnt have received as much backlash.

And no, im not defending ubi, ubi is still crap regardless, fruck them.

Last edited by SIMOMEGA,
Reactions: phonemonkey

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked it up and it seems that Yasuke (aka the games protagonist which its supposed to portray as) was indeed black, and the very 1° black dude to have been recorded in japan, so at the very least, its not black just for the sake of it, it still doesnt change the fact that ubisoft has been woke for a while now tho lol, idk about the other character tho.

Why would Ubi abandon AC if its making them money?

No, no we arent.

No, no we arent.

No, no we arent.

Nintendo hasnt been as anti-consumer ever since wokeness and the ESG has started invading the western gaming industry, not that nintendo has gotten any better, lol, its just that the competition has gotten worse, much, far worse.

Do you really need an answer? Its obvious why she was playable, lol, and its the same reason for why you play as that black cop woman in alan woke 2, aka wokeness.

Great, keep supporting these scummy anti-consumer practices then.

"that"? type of lad??? bro what

Because ubi games were good b4 all of this crap, i want these games to become good again, and not instead to stay like crap forever..., god dude its not such a hard concept to understand, and + id rather have ppl stop buying and supporting these crappsy games, but sadly its not happening everywhere, but oh well at least suicide squad sold very little.

Again, if u like slop, good for u, if i buy an os, id rather it be functional for as long as the hardware keeps working on it lmao.

Codex hasnt been around ever since 2022 afaik, im not sure for skidrow, so make sure youre not downloading from imitation websites which add viruses to their games downloads lol.

I looked it up, and apparently yasuke was indeed a legit slave turned into samurai, ive just looked at just a bunch of search results, but at least on that front its not that insane to have him, the problem is that, given the past history of ubisoft with wokeness and the general trend of western gaming companies where theyre heading, its not that unrealistic to see ppl blaming ubi lol, and +, i dont really blame them, the always online crap if true too also just keeps adding more fuel to the fire, have this been a game made by some other dev, maybe the ghost of tsushima devs, or some other legit devs who didnt care at all about wokeness, then it probably wouldnt have received as much backlash.

And no, im not defending ubi, ubi is still crap regardless, fruck them.
Bruh.

He wasn't a samurai by the way. Zero proof he was. He was just a retainer, a servant, basically a slave and treated like a freak show novelty attraction.

Reactions: phonemonkey

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm surprised no one mentioned the famitsu interview and the whole "looking for "our samurai" shit
Fine. I'll do it.

Famitsu had an interview the Ubisoft, and in the interview, Ubisoft mentioned they were specifically looking for a samurai that could be their non-Japanese eyes. The line mentioning this in Famitsu's article was edited out.

Sauces:

https://x.com/Mangalawyer/status/1792065731141529867

Famitsu's article of the interview before edit: https://archive.ph/jVE1U
Famitsu's article of the interview after edit: https://archive.ph/iMiKw

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
Ubislop loves being controversial with a online required, $120 price tag and a black retainer or something else just for people not buying their games and they wonder why

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine. I'll do it.

Famitsu had an interview the Ubisoft, and in the interview, Ubisoft mentioned they were specifically looking for a samurai that could be their non-Japanese eyes. The line mentioning this in Famitsu's article was edited out.

Sauces:

https://x.com/Mangalawyer/status/1792065731141529867

Famitsu's article of the interview before edit: https://archive.ph/jVE1U
Famitsu's article of the interview after edit: https://archive.ph/iMiKw

If this is true then it's the textbook dictionary definition of "affirmative action" against a marginalized group... Ubi is literally "black"washing history. I'm black and I'm calling it out as I see it...

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
im sure we all knew it doesn't require constant internet connection. it's more of we still need an internet connection to install the game meaning they could pull it off like with the division

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4