• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"3 GOP candidates for West Virginia governor try to outdo each other on anti-LGBTQ issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does Jesus say that LGBT folk should be persecuted?
Would you explain what you mean by persecution? I've observed that it is common in these discussions to define anything less than affirmation as persecution. Jesus Christ did not affirm falsehoods nor sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Promiscuity is a sin. Deifying the limited knowledge and limited experience of man is a sin. If Christ does not affirm sin and affirms, even perfectly fulfills, a moral law that is opposed to the affirmation of sin, does He persecute sinners?

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you explain what you mean by persecution? I've observed that it is common in these discussions to define anything less than affirmation as persecution. Jesus Christ did not affirm falsehoods nor sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Promiscuity is a sin. Deifying the limited knowledge and limited experience of man is a sin. If Christ does not affirm sin and affirms, even perfectly fulfills, a moral law that is opposed to the affirmation of sin, does He persecute sinners?
homosexuality isn't a sin, neither is being transgender, or anything relating to the LGBTQ. very love thy neighbor of you...

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homosexuality isn't a sin, neither is being transgender, or anything relating to the LGBTQ. very love thy neighbor of you...

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed" (Gen. 2:24, ESV).

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination" (Lev. 18:22, ESV).

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Cor. 6:9-11, ESV).

"'Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food'—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, 'The two will become one flesh.' But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body" (1 Cor. 6:13-20, ESV).

"Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones" (Jude 1:5-8, ESV).

Above are supporting passages for the claims that I made. You contemptuously invoke the Lord's command to love your neighbor, as though one repeating what the Lord has defined as sin is an unloving act. You have defined hatred to be anything less than affirmation. Is it love or hate to tell a liar that lying is a sin? Is it love or hate to tell a thief that stealing is a sin? Is it love or hate to tell a murderer that murder is a sin?

God is the Creator. We are mere creatures. God defines the law. We either obey or disobey. Our natural inclination is disobedience. Disobedience is sin. Jesus took it so far as to reveal that the mere thought of committing a sin is no less severe than actually carrying it out.

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment" (Matt. 5:21-22, ESV).

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matt. 5:27-28, ESV).

Then tell me where jesus said that. Go on. Verse. Inequivocable verse.

Please refer to my response above. The references from Genesis and Leviticus are quotes of the Lord Most High in the Old Testament. The references from Matthew, as well as the below reference, are quotes of the Word incarnate, Jesus, during his brief ministry in Palestine, specifically the pericope titled The Sermon on the Mount. The references from 1 Corinthians and Jude are from the Apostle Paul and the Apostle Jude. The apostles were those who were eyewitnesses of Christ. Jesus directly spoke to them. He first spoke to Paul after His ascension on that road to Damascus as Saul, who was later called Paul, was persecuting, what was referred to at the time, a sect called The Way.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished" (Matt. 5:17-18, ESV).

I don't even care if he does or not, I'm an atheist, I don't believe in anything :)

You do believe in something. You even worship something. You believe in and worship the deity of the self. I request that you refrain from attempting to use a text that you do not know or understand to affirm yourself. It is a text intended to reveal and affirm God. It is not intended to affirm us.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do believe in something. You even worship something. You believe in and worship the deity of the self. I request that you refrain from attempting to use a text that you do not know or understand to affirm yourself. It is a text intended to reveal and affirm God. It is not intended to affirm us.
did you not just see me say I'm an atheist, can you read???
Post automatically merged:

and i dont care about ur little book, im gonna be myself, I am a girl no matter what u say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==