Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Doaner54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think universe is just an upgraded version of project m from what I've read. It has like double the amount of characters. I did see it can take awhile to load due to how many characters there are. Maybe I'll just use project m until there's a patched version of universe and more readily avaliable.
Post automatically merged:

Very much appreciate your help!

Reactions: OfficialRammy

OfficialRammy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I think universe is just an upgraded version of project m from what I've read. It has like double the amount of characters. I did see it can take awhile to load due to how many characters there are. Maybe I'll just use project m until there's a patched version of universe and more readily avaliable.
Post automatically merged:

Very much appreciate your help!
BRO. I just looked up Smash Bro's Universe. Holy F*ck Balls, 200+ CHARACTERS!? That is insanity.

I found this tutorial

it seems it is just like Mario Kart CGPT and requires the actual disk to run. No way around this. You have to have the 2.5+GB mod installed on the root of your SD Card with a physical disc copy inserted into the Wii and then you boot it from the Homebrew Channel.

With this many characters.. looks like I'm going on eBay and finding a copy of Super Smash Bro's LMAO

No need to thank me, I've been modding for 4 years and I learn new stuff every day, I'm only passing on Information I've learned from other members :D we all help each other out where we can around here. If you ever get stuck with anything, feel free to drop me a DM anytime. Best of luck to you <3

Doaner54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BRO. I just looked up Smash Bro's Universe. Holy F*ck Balls, 200+ CHARACTERS!? That is insanity.

I found this tutorial

it seems it is just like Mario Kart CGPT and requires the actual disk to run. No way around this. You have to have the 2.5+GB mod installed on the root of your SD Card with a physical disc copy inserted into the Wii and then you boot it from the Homebrew Channel.

With this many characters.. looks like I'm going on eBay and finding a copy of Super Smash Bro's LMAO

No need to thank me, I've been modding for 4 years and I learn new stuff every day, I'm only passing on Information I've learned from other members :D we all help each other out where we can around here. If you ever get stuck with anything, feel free to drop me a DM anytime. Best of luck to you <3

Yeah it's crazy! People are doing it with no disc I just don't seem to understand the instructions given that I'm finding.

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible/better to have emunand running off HDD? I have 700+ games running off SD and I noticed with some games I've tested they freeze when launching or after loading from menu to ingame, sometimes a long black screen. If it has better functionality off HDD, do I simply just copy my 'nands' folder from SD card to my HDD, delete if off the SD card and change path in WiiFlow to USB?
Emunand can be run from HDD. Copying the emunand folder and updating the wiiflow settings should get it running. I do not know whether running off HDD has any benefit over SD per se, but a few factors to consider is the cIOS base IOS and possibly d2x you choose to launch a particular title may affect compatibility. - https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List - Also some titles may run better, or only run under neek2o.

Reactions: OfficialRammy

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Anybody on the latest WFL have Driver: San Francisco working with no hangs on ensuing loading screens?

The game has metafortress protection and will trigger a black screen hang after finishing the tutorial section in the parking lot at the start of the game.

I posted this issue in the GitHub issues thread and was advised that all memory patches need to be disabled in the loader. I turned off everything were applicable and there was no change.

I’m using a WiiU in vWii mode on the latest dx 2 beta 11 cIOS’s with USB HDD storage and all other games are working fine.

Any input would be great, as I’m defeated on this one. Thx!

blinovitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using an off-brand Guitar Hero controller in Wiiflow, the interface constantly scrolls in one direction. Other buttons work fine, so items can be selected, games launched, etc. If I unplug the wiimote, the scrolling immediately stops. This behavior does not happen in the Wii's own system menu, or in USB Loader GX.

Assuming this is a quirk of a third party controller, is there anything in Wiiflow I could adjust to counteract the constant scrolling?

blinovitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the issue happen in other loaders? Or after launching into a game?
The controller works normally in USB Loader GX, and in the two games I've tried to date, Guitar Hero 3 and Beatles Rock Band. So far it's only the Wiiflow interface itself where the constant scrolling occurs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you're welcome