Holy Grail Prototype/Beta.

Robert Newbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 438813

The unreleased Twelve Tales Conker 64 which was going to be a sequel to Conker's Pocket Tales, which never came to be since they wanted the game to be more for maturer audiences.
Just that intro alone has classic Rareware quality all over it. It would definitely be nice to play the original "Twelve Tales" vision of the game.

I did actually mean the TokyoTS prototype (taking your post as /srs and not /s)
I had forgotten about those early screen shots. Who could forget the "YOU ARE WELCOME NEVE-----EN" sign?

EDIT: I did some digging. It turns out TCRF has an article for the Tokyo Toy Show build, as well. The sign says, "YOU ARE WELCOME NEVER OPEN" (Very Silent Hill-esque)

The article states that the build at TTS '90 was an auto-playing demo, but the game itself was in some kind of playable state. As a Sonic fan, I'm intrigued.

Last edited by Robert Newbie,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40 Winks on GBC

It doesn't look anything too special, but I'd like to play it myself though since its new publisher (Piko, I think it's the name) love to DMCA everyone as if they're Nintendo people are afraid of them.

Yet, they can't even be bothered to fix the shit PC port they released on Steam:

Instead of being copyright dicks fix your damn game.
Post automatically merged:

Sadly, there isn't much info about it, nor a ROM of the prototype which is likely destroyed or in a vault never to be opened.
The owner probably made a ROM copy for himself to play wherever, but the rest of us don't get to enjoy it.

Reminds me of the DS McDonald's "game" that was a rarity and now it's everywhere, heck, even translated in English (should you want to learn how to work at McD's via a DS 🤨).

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't look anything too special, but I'd like to play it myself though since its new publisher (Piko, I think it's the name) love to DMCA everyone as if they're Nintendo people are afraid of them.
Piko more like Pricks Co. A bunch of idiots who will abuse their power to DMCA everybody.

Ju_mu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, i feel the reason why twelve tales changed had less to do with the amount of cutesy platformers but more of the fact that banjo beat them to release as iirc banjo didn't really start resembling what we know until after twelve tales was far enough to resemble a followup to mario 64. And after banjo released it set such a high bar that the conker team was blindsided as twelve tales was supposed to be the game to follow mario 64 in n64 owners minds and after seeing the banjo team release what they thought was a better game it utterly demoralized them. I really dont blame them for changing conker as they felt that since we missed the boat and other rare teams were also developing 2 other platformers set to be bigger and better we might as well screw around since were still getting paid anyways, and thus bad fur day was born.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

ih8god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am wondering if there is a MKII PSX US (Beta) floating around out there, or if the Poster of the Cheats was just making this up.
https://gamehacking.org/game/112932
I have this MK2 for PS1. Not sure if it's what you seek or not though.

Edit. File too large. Sorry. Give me a minute.

Edit 2: Here is a link. I might have something else if it isn't. Let me know and I can dig more. NO Download

Last edited by ih8god,

ComingInHotPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Personally I would love to get my hands on the 2004 version of Kousoku Kidoutai: World Super Police. The game got delayed a year and released in 2005, and the final product saw a lot of major redesigns such as character art, menu art, the HUD and possibly more.
It's been a while, and I wanted to add another holy grail to the list:

Fear Effect Inferno
I recall enjoying the original two games when I was young. I forget quite a bit, but the mix of animated backgrounds and tank controls was unique and memorable. The devs for Sedna got to play through the beta, so it exists somewhere. It'd be cool to see how far the devs got before it was canceled.
It actually got released recently, not sure if the rules would allow me to post a link though

Reactions: Robert Newbie

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this MK2 for PS1. Not sure if it's what you seek or not though.

Edit. File too large. Sorry. Give me a minute.

Edit 2: Here is a link. I might have something else if it isn't. Let me know and I can dig more. Download
Many thanks for the effort but 2 things -
1 - SLPS-00444 (Common JP Release)
2 - Edit your Post and Remove the Link. Can get in trouble for it.

SillyBee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The mario 64 beta and the n64 version of mother 3 aka earthbound 64
I still hold hope that one of this days a copy of the Earthbound 64 prototype is gonna appear somewhere. As much as I love Mother 3, is really a shame that Itoi never got his dream of making a 3D clay Mother game. Really curious what hidden ideas he had in mind that never got implemented into the GBA final game

Reactions: Xdqwerty

ih8god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Many thanks for the effort but 2 things -
1 - SLPS-00444 (Common JP Release)
2 - Edit your Post and Remove the Link. Can get in trouble for it.
Thanks for the tip.

I have some that indicated Japan release too so wasn't sure what that one really was. I'll let you know if I find any others. You have nothing else to go on aside from the cheat site page? Could it be an arcade beta that was hack for consoles maybe? I have seen that sort of thing floating around.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip.

I have some that indicated Japan release too so wasn't sure what that one really was. I'll let you know if I find any others. You have nothing else to go on aside from the cheat site page? Could it be an arcade beta that was hack for consoles maybe? I have seen that sort of thing floating around.
No, just the Site, but the User that Posted those Codes also Posted for other Games. If it was just the one, I would call them out for putting up Fake Codes. But the User Posted Codes for a number of DS Games.

ih8god

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, just the Site, but the User that Posted those Codes also Posted for other Games. If it was just the one, I would call them out for putting up Fake Codes. But the User Posted Codes for a number of DS Games.
Well I finished up one of the things I was working on and will be traversing through a bunch of storage. If I find anything I will surely share. No telling what's really in the drives I will be going through.

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==