Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you know how often this happens?

A DS or DS lite will never brick, a 2DS and 3DS bricking can happen but the DSi was made with a very brickable hardware unfortunately. It can even brick by just not being used for a while apparently?

https://gbatemp.net/search/7872002/?q=brick+dsi&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

I mean yeah it's surely a solution but I can't really afford a new 3ds since prices in France have really skyrocketed tp the point they are near the price of a new one back in the day and having a few DS Lites/phat laying around that people gave me it's one of my only options sadly

That sucks, a 2DS should still be quite cheap, try to look for it, maybe you will find one at a decent price. France still has better prices that Argentina at least. 😀

A compatible DS flashcard can run micro sd cards faster but getting one of those without a time bomb and that's also cheap us hard nowadays. I got a DSi flashcard that only works with the firmware it came with, a R4 clone and one that works with YSmenu.

Last edited by raxadian,

xXLoulouXx

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A compatible DS flashcard can run micro sd cards faster but getting one of those without a time bomb and that's also cheap us hard nowadays.
That's also why I didn't wanna spend extra money on a new flashcard since, at least for the M3i and my main R4, I know they are original version and since the R4 works flawlessly with Twilight Menu I wanted to give it a try on the M3i to have a great looking interface, a lot of customisation and built in emulators on a bigger SD card since the R4 doesn't support my 8gb SD but I guess I'll stick to just the Sakura firmware. Anyways thank you for your help ! And I hope maybe RocketRobz will change a little thing non related on Twilight Menu's code and it'll repair the M3i all of a sudden :rofl2:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't get a DSi actually, not only they are ridiculously expensive nowadays
How are they ridiculously expensive? Here in Scotland a second hand DSI sells for about £25 to £35 depending on condition. An original 3ds second hand is £75 to £85 and a new 3ds second hand is like £135 to £160

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
How are they ridiculously expensive? Here in Scotland a second hand DSI sells for about £25 to £35 depending on condition. An original 3ds second hand is £75 to £85 and a new 3ds second hand is like £135 to £160

Well 2DS were once sold at 80 bucks in the USA, and at once point were selling used quite cheap. A DSi in good state is a collector item but a regular old 2DS selling for more that 40 bucks is a scam. Just beware the DSi bricks more.

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well 2DS were once sold at 80 bucks in the USA, and at once point were selling used quite cheap. A DSi in good state is a collector item but a regular old 2DS selling for more that 40 bucks is a scam. Just beware the DSi bricks more.
Hmm? I bought a near mint DSi XL for $100 a few months ago. They're not that much. Lol.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm? I bought a near mint DSi XL for $100 a few months ago. They're not that much. Lol.

Eh depends on the place, I remember a clereance sale of GBA micros, they were selling them really cheap but I already had a GBA and two GBA SP plus the Micro sucks.

A brand new old 2DS Zelda edition is 50 bucks, so a used old 2DS should be going way lower that that.

Certain Chinese App is selling "refurbished" DS, but I would say buying for them is a risk.

Pryda4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@RocketRobz

hello!! and thanks for your work!! I'm trying the latest build for flashcard but it doesn't recognize my megadrive (*.gen) or supernintendo games, what do you think could be the problem?

This is my R4 card, however with the March build it works fine :lol:

g5uXFLBl.jpg

Vx8qCdNl.jpg

7nrna1xl.jpg

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz

hello!! and thanks for your work!! I'm trying the latest build for flashcard but it doesn't recognize my megadrive (*.gen) or supernintendo games, what do you think could be the problem?

This is my R4 card, however with the March build it works fine :lol:

g5uXFLBl.jpg

Vx8qCdNl.jpg

7nrna1xl.jpg
The .gen games are not displayed on flashcards, so you'll need to install jEnesisDS to play those games.

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Beware however that while 8 bit emulation works really well on a Nintendo DS, 16 bit emulation won't be that good due to hardware limitations.

8rt

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have installed Twilight Menu on an R4 card I had since 2009 which is a dstt clone card. I also have a gba supercard mini sd card and based on what I've seen, there is a GBA Native mode? but I am unable to set it to native on the settings (only 2 options, "native>gbarunner2" or "gbarunner2"). When my supercard is in gba slot, the ds splash screen changed into "super nintendo ds" but I have no idea how to utilize it from inside twl unless if I take my r4 out and boot into the supercard directly through the ds system.

Also the available settings on my r4 twilight are so much less compared to what I've seen on youtube or my 3ds cfw (twl menu installed to sd). Is this normal? or am I missing some files? Thank you.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have installed Twilight Menu on an R4 card I had since 2009 which is a dstt clone card. I also have a gba supercard mini sd card and based on what I've seen, there is a GBA Native mode? but I am unable to set it to native on the settings (only 2 options, "native>gbarunner2" or "gbarunner2"). When my supercard is in gba slot, the ds splash screen changed into "super nintendo ds" but I have no idea how to utilize it from inside twl unless if I take my r4 out and boot into the supercard directly through the ds system.
You need to use the "Native > GBARunner2" setting, and then in the TWLMenu++ ROM selection menu, launch your GBA ROM. No need to launch the SuperCard itself.
Also the available settings on my r4 twilight are so much less compared to what I've seen on youtube or my 3ds cfw (twl menu installed to sd). Is this normal? or am I missing some files? Thank you.
Yes, this is normal.

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question - What are the correct font sizes for nftr small and large? I have that NFTR export utility but don't know what sizes Twilight Menu uses?

v27.4.0 New

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v27.4.0

What's new?​

• v3.2.3 of Pokémon: Refined Gold Overhaul is now AP-patched.

Bug fixes​

• A confirmed-working fix for where the rotating cubes appear behind box art in the 3DS theme!
  • @mentusfentus: DSi-based themes: Fixed incorrect icons & bubble text rapidly changing. (#2426)

ichig0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to add your own emulators to twilight menu? I figure someone would have to write code for a new one but I thought maybe there was some other way. Or even a way to select different revisions of emulators you have installed before launch would be really handy for compatibility stuff.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to add your own emulators to twilight menu? I figure someone would have to write code for a new one but I thought maybe there was some other way. Or even a way to select different revisions of emulators you have installed before launch would be really handy for compatibility stuff.
The only way is to modify the source code of TWLMenu++.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That did come from Google lol
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    google again
    Heres one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay then I could've been looking at wrong charts it happens
    2023 ps5 was outselling xbox by nearly 3:1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But still Xbox is doing well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Certainly not dying
    Sure, xbox has sold better in some months. But PS5 has annihilated the Xbox in total sales
    I have both so it doesnt really matter to me who sells more.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I predict with more titles coming to Gamepass people will buy more Xbox consoles if they don't already have one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll see hey cod is on Gamepass and go that route
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, if my laptop will be good enough for it, then i might get gamepass to try bo6, not gonna put $70 into it until i know whether or not it's worth
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @SylverReZ 1. lmao 2. meta quests are the renamed oculus quests 3. "I hate Super Monkey Ball"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just gamestream it if it's that bad
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Make sure you get Gamepass Ultimate version tho, that lets you cloud stream games
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Good morning
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good morning
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One good thing cod got right is transferring profiles through same accounts if coming from other devices
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna be playing jedi survivor
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That does look pretty good. I'm looking forward to Indy and Perfect Dark.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Morning
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ - trying to like your greeting but chat is being weird. I give up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How dare we live without like buttons
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How dare we live without like buttons