daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to transfer a Wii game to my WiiU and can't figure out how. It has been a while since I have done this and I am hoping someone could hold my hand and go through the best/ easiest way.

My issues/ what I tried is on this thread .

I am not married to the idea of using Wup Installer but I though it would be easiest, and well ....you can see how that is going for me.

Thank you so much for reading and especially if you can help!

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use wii u usb helper, never had a problem, it can even convert your wii/Gc isos to use with wup installer and with gamepad support.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use wii u usb helper, never had a problem, it can even convert your wii/Gc isos to use with wup installer and with gamepad support.
I will try that now.

What I used was TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector to convert a .wbfs to a folder with the .app .h3 and certs. and put that folder in sd>install>

Thanks again. I will update if this works or not

Also - if it make s a difference, tiramisu mocha here

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that now.

What I used was TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector to convert a .wbfs to a folder with the .app .h3 and certs. and put that folder in sd>install>

Thanks again. I will update if this works or not

Also - if it make s a difference, tiramisu mocha here
thats what i have and it works fine, the app transfer the games to sd also.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what i have and it works fine, the app transfer the games to sd also.
great - installing now... Ill update in a few
Post automatically merged:

Installed USB Helper.

I have no idea how to get it to see the game (it is a wii Hot Wheels game) since it is not in the list.
Chossing "batch commands" "import" from the bottom left gives me an error since the game is not in the list.

Can USB helper really help with games already on my PC or is it just for downloading games you do not have?

Still searching on my end but I still can't find a way to use it to transfer a game I have onto the SD card properly. Also, it seems this is for WiiU / VC games. Unless I am missing something.

Thank you!

Installed USB Helper.

I have no idea how to get it to see the game (it is a wii Hot Wheels game) since it is not in the list.
Chossing "batch commands" "import" from the bottom left gives me an error since the game is not in the list.

Can USB helper really help with games already on my PC or is it just for downloading games you do not have?

Still searching on my end but I still can't find a way to use it to transfer a game I have onto the SD card properly. Also, it seems this is for WiiU / VC games. Unless I am missing something.

Thank you!
UPDATE:
Went back to trying Wup installer gx.

I removed everything from the install folder on the SD except for the game. I renamed the game WUP so I was sure no special characters were messing things up

I then launched the homebrew channel, unistalled my WUP instaler gx, searched for WUP installer GX and downloaded a different version that seemed to be more recent (higher version number)

Then the game showed up!! Hot Wheels: Beat That!

Then the game installed to the WiiU

After Installation the gamepad and TV went black. I had to hold power to restart.

The game tile with the artwork I chose in TeconMoon showed up

Clicked the tile saw my banner and was prompted to choose gamepad or wiimote.

And then black screen and lockup....

I pulled the plug and tried the other option and the same thing. Black screen / lockup meaning I needed to pull the power cord to restart the system.

Any ideas?

FWIW I did not mess with hacking the vWii on my system ever. Sorry if this is a dumb thing, but I assume that I did not need to hack the vWii if doing it this way.

Any thoughts? Thank you again!

Last edited by daikon1,

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Installed USB Helper.

Thank you!

UPDATE:
Went back to trying Wup installer gx.

I removed everything from the install folder on the SD except for the game. I renamed the game WUP so I was sure no special characters were messing things up

I then launched the homebrew channel, unistalled my WUP instaler gx, searched for WUP installer GX and downloaded a different version that seemed to be more recent (higher version number)

Then the game showed up!! Hot Wheels: Beat That!

Then the game installed to the WiiU

After Installation the gamepad and TV went black. I had to hold power to restart.

The game tile with the artwork I chose in TeconMoon showed up

Clicked the tile saw my banner and was prompted to choose gamepad or wiimote.

And then black screen and lockup....

I pulled the plug and tried the other option and the same thing. Black screen / lockup meaning I needed to pull the power cord to restart the system.

Any ideas?

FWIW I did not mess with hacking the vWii on my system ever. Sorry if this is a dumb thing, but I assume that I did not need to hack the vWii if doing it this way.

Any thoughts? Thank you again!
can your game be a but dump? did you dump it yourself or you got it from the internet?ill suggest you try another copy. are you installing to usb pendrive or harddrive?

i have a 128gb sd and a 1tb external hdd connected with a y cable.In my other wii u, I used to use a pendrive, but i had cbhc not that it made any difference im just saying.

daikon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can your game be a but dump? did you dump it yourself or you got it from the internet?ill suggest you try another copy. are you installing to usb pendrive or harddrive?

i have a 128gb sd and a 1tb external hdd connected with a y cable.In my other wii u, I used to use a pendrive, but i had cbhc not that it made any difference im just saying.
I am thinking but dump. In fact I am testing that out now by getting a new dump.

I am installing to external ssd.

BTW - I bought a external ssd and have used that for over a year with one cable (I used to need a y cable with hdd).

Ill check in about 30 minutes or less with an update - hopefully it is a good one!

I am thinking but dump. In fact I am testing that out now by getting a new dump.

BTW - I bought a external ssd and have used that for over a year with one cable (I used to need a y cable with hdd).

Ill check in about 30 minutes or less with an update - hopefully it is a good one!
It is taking longer than expected. 7 min estimated ... so I will say 20 more min or less to be safe. I'll update then or sooner.

It is taking longer than expected. 7 min estimated ... so I will say 20 more min or less to be safe. I'll update then or sooner.
OK

I got the download. Used TeconMoon. Loaded it on the USB and installed.

...and the same thing happened.

When I load the game I see the splash screen, a wiiU logo apears in the top left of the screen on the TV and then the word wii appears on the wiiu controler, I hear the disc drive, then it goes black.

Also my wiimote shuts off and will not connect.

I am then forced to disconnect the power cable from my wiiU to reset it.

I have no clue on this.

Ugg.

Last edited by daikon1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8