Things you recently bought or got

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My buddy has this scooter. It was outside and got wet. The display got wet and I can not save it. I'm going to replace the display. Since Swagtron doesn't make the display anymore, this scooter is dead to them. I bought this display set. I'm pretty sure it'll fit. This Swagger 5 seems to be a fancy clone of the Xaiomi M365.

The old circuitboard is about the shape of an avocado.

1715921888398.png

The Xaiomi M365 is more rectangular.

1715921854902.png

The screw holes for the circuitboard, however, seem to be the in the same location as well as the power button. I really hope that I can use the original display cover. It will stay looking as the day he bought it. Though, since I got this in a kit, I would use the whole kit. I will replace the controller, headlight, brake light, and throttle. Buying through the Amazon, I can return it if it doesn't fit. I will find out next week. Fingers crossed!

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's getting rare but does your TV have s-video? I use s-video for N64, scaled with the Framemeister to 720p. (On a crt I'd just plug in s-video straight from the console.) It looks a lot better than composite. I do have an N64 RGB board, but haven't bothered installing it. Yet.
Unfortunately my tv doesn't have it. I haven't really kept up with the n64 community so I don't know if they have made a rgb board compatable with one of the funtastic(smoke grey) n64 line.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately my tv doesn't have it. I haven't really kept up with the n64 community so I don't know if they have made a rgb board compatable with one of the funtastic(smoke grey) n64 line.

I've got one of those Funtastics as well, a purple one. I decided to never mod it unless it was for the UltraHDMI or something similarly "ultra." I picked up a plain-jane black and gray N64 in Tokyo in 2015 for about $25, and when I get around to it the RGB board I have will go in that one. But, from what I've seen the 'benefit' of RGB over S-vid on the N64 ain't that great.

AFAIK, S-vid is the best quality the N64 puts out natively as-built. As you know, it doesn't have RGB or component. So any plug in HDMI adapter is just going to be transmitting that S-vid signal.

Reactions: BigOnYa

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a psp 1000 too bad the battery's a knock off/aftermarket so no pandoa for me but i did put 6.60 cfw on it (Pro C inf) (the pandora;s in case something goes seriously wrong as i cant do sweeper as my solidering is least to be desired

Reactions: BigOnYa

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

There are, there have been RGB boards for all consoles for ages now, they are just a littlebit more complex compared to the ones for the early consoles.

Tim Worthington's RGBboard https://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=209&rn=548&action=show_detail.

Borti's mod https://arthrimus.com/product/universal-nintendo-n64-rgb-mod-with-integrated-3-3v-voltage-regulator/

Borti's is opensource so you can find multiple boards based on it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There are, there have been RGB boards for all consoles for ages now, they are just a littlebit more complex compared to the ones for the early consoles.

Tim Worthington's RGBboard https://etim.net.au/shop/shop.php?crn=209&rn=548&action=show_detail.

Borti's mod https://arthrimus.com/product/universal-nintendo-n64-rgb-mod-with-integrated-3-3v-voltage-regulator/

Borti's is opensource so you can find multiple boards based on it.
but that is not a RGB module, is a RF!!! yeah for using your Gamecube on a VERY OLD TV using the antenna connection!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but that is not a RGB module, is a RF!!! yeah for using your Gamecube on a VERY OLD TV using the antenna connection!

No, both of those enable RGB via the n64 multiout. Unless different pages are loading for you, I don't know why you think they are for RF.

It's even in the description.

Tim Worthington board. "Outputs RGB or component video (jumper selectable)"
Borti's board "Borti4938’s N64RGBv1 universal RGB board offers RGB output from the AV Multi out port"

Unless I'm missing something, I don't know why you think modification boards with RGB in the name are for outputting RF.

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This working small JVC AV-21BT8ENS 21" CRT television :)

I found it 1,5 month ago next to a tree in the rain. At the beginning of the day there was a dumpster truck near it, so I supposed it was going to be destroyed within minutes. But when I came back in the evening it was still there, a whole day in heavy rain :sad: So I took it home, removed the cover and left it in the basement to dry.

Today I cleaned it a bit and didn't saw much dirt or oxidation on the PCB, so I decided to try powering it on. With sweat on my forehead because I was afraid it will smoke/blew up :blush: I connected the power cord and surprisingly it turned on like normal :D

So I took it out of the basement for further cleaning and connected a game console to it, working fine :D The TV has RGB, S-Video and CVBS inputs :)

I think I am at least the 3rd owner. It has a thrift store label on the back.

cEcoKpYl.jpg

jehztgIl.jpg

cggNm32l.jpg

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This working small JVC AV-21BT8ENS 21" CRT television :)

I found it 1,5 month ago next to a tree in the rain. At the beginning of the day there was a dumpster truck near it, so I supposed it was going to be destroyed within minutes. But when I came back in the evening it was still there, a whole day in heavy rain :sad: So I took it home, removed the cover and left it in the basement to dry.

Today I cleaned it a bit and didn't saw much dirt or oxidation on the PCB, so I decided to try powering it on. With sweat on my forehead because I was afraid it will smoke/blew up :blush: I connected the power cord and surprisingly it turned on like normal :D

So I took it out of the basement for further cleaning and connected a game console to it, working fine :D The TV has RGB, S-Video and CVBS inputs :)

I think I am at least the 3rd owner. It has a thrift store label on the back.

cEcoKpYl.jpg

jehztgIl.jpg

cggNm32l.jpg
…..but can it play doom? Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1