Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Serhii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that error is 100% you do NOT have the latest of all files. Stop using packs, and learn all of the components and how to set them up properly. Get Atmosphere 1.7.0 from GitHub, and extract the entire .zip file to your card. Place fusee.bin in /bootloader/payloads. Download the latest Hekate release from Github and do the same. Then put the hekate.bin on the root of your card, and rename it to payload.bin (after deleting your current payload.bin).

You didn't do anything else, like delete files or format your card, right? I hope you didn't delete your hekate_ipl.ini, or emummc.ini...

If you still have issues, try selecting fusee as a payload, and see if that loads your emummc or not.
Thank you for the answer! Problem solved, I just change the sd card. I was trying to use 1 tb sd card but turns out it doesn't work. I tried two of 1tb sd card (same brand) but no luck, after I bought 128 gb sd card it started works properly.
Thanks again!

Inushiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I got some questions regarding cheat codes for Paper Mario TTYD on Switch.

I'm currently making some small cheat codes for PMTTYD on Switch using EdiZon SE and Pointersearcher SE. I successfully found the pointer for Star Points and made a cheat code for it via the Simple SX OS Code Builder which works perfectly fine, and wanted to do the same to coins too now. However, after I found the pointer for coins and made the cheat code, whenever I activate the cheat (the cheat sets the coin count to a specific number), the coin count changes respectively but all of my Star Power gets drained as well. Now, I don't know why this is happening. Does someone have any idea to why this happens? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer! Problem solved, I just change the sd card. I was trying to use 1 tb sd card but turns out it doesn't work. I tried two of 1tb sd card (same brand) but no luck, after I bought 128 gb sd card it started works properly.
Thanks again!
I use a 1TB card with no issues. 2, in fact (1 for HOS, and the other for Linux and Android). How much did you pay for your card?

Reactions: Serhii and BigOnYa

Serhii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use a 1TB card with no issues. 2, in fact (1 for HOS, and the other for Linux and Android). How much did you pay for your card?
I think the issue is in the price)) I bought two sd cards 1 tb each on marketplace for 30 CAD)))
Should I save those files you mentioned (emummc.ini and hekate_ipl.ini)? And if I delete them what are the consequences?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the issue is in the price)) I bought two sd cards 1 tb each on marketplace for 30 CAD)))
Should I save those files you mentioned (emummc.ini and hekate_ipl.ini)? And if I delete them what are the consequences?
Ive bought 3 1tb cards off eBay and Amazon that ended up being fakes, 2 Lexar, and 1 Adata brand. All were cheap, like $20 each. Be wary cause there are lots of fakes out there. SanDisk cards have never let me down though (although not cheap, but as the rule goes, you get what you pay for.)

Reactions: Blythe93

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter its serial number here and, if it's unpatched, it's easy to hack it. Otherwise, if it's a patched console, you might need to install a modchip.
Hey, it is unpatched.

The console came with a left Hori Joy-Con that has an actual d-pad and I guess the seller thought it was faulty as it didn't work via Bluetooth.

Pretty good deal I got think I might keep it than sell it.

BrayanGomezMackliff

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So long story short i sold My V1 modable, as the SD card i used with that console got corrupted when I used it to install windows on a laptop y told the buyer to get a decent SD card so I could mod it when I handle it to him, well he brought some obviously counterfeit 512gb "Kingston" with really poor write/read speeds, so I tried the modding process but it was messy with errors showing here and there, finally managed to boot into atmosphere, installed a game and ran it to show him everything was fine, now I don't know what he did but couple days later when he tried to launch the game it gave an error (classic exclamation telling that probably there is corrupt data with the game) I thought he probably reset the console without noticing so i told him to check in the system settings to see if the console was on stock or atmosphere, it was on stock firmware but the pirated game that was installed was showing there (something that never happened to me before) so I'm now wondering if he could just drop that SD card and factory reset the console ofw in order to clean the console and then begin a new process with a better SD card, in my mind it looks like a viable option but I'm afraid it may brick the console since I don't have access to a nand backup (I was going to do one but seeing the time that took for the modding process I just avoided it, never thought I would ran into so many errors, this is my 4th switch and never had any trouble modding B4 Thanks for reading and any help

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey, it is unpatched.
Great news, then! The only thing you'll need is an RCM jig, which you can get on places like AliExpress for cheap. You can make a DIY jig from a paperclip, but I've personally scratches the paint off my joy-con rail a bit so I'd advise against it if you'd like to keep your Switch in a condition it came in.

I'd suggest that you go through one of these guides (or both, if you have some time): NH Switch guide and Rentry.org Switch guide. NH Switch guide is my current go-to guide. Additionally, you'll need to set up sigpatches / sys-patch for game backups to work and DNS MITM (which can be found in Rentry.org guide) if you plan to access Internet on your console (more about that in a post linked bellow).

For the SD card, I'm personally using SanDisk Extreme 256GB microSD card and it hasn't failed me so far. Make sure you test your card with the h3testw before you starting the hacking process, to ensure that it's legit and working properly. You can go for bigger and better microSD card if you want, but I do believe that 128GB is a bit small for the Switch. Even though I had only a couple of games installed on it, I've easily filled it up with games within a day. Nowadays, I just keep the games that I currently or occasionally play on it, and keep the rest of them on my external HDDs for later use.

I've made a post here on how to update your Switch, install games to it and about some things that happened over the last couple of months in the Switch hacking scene that one should be at least aware of.

The console came with a left Hori Joy-Con that has an actual d-pad and I guess the seller thought it was faulty as it didn't work via Bluetooth.
Yeah, compared to the original joy-con, that one doesn't have a battery, rumble, and Bluetooth connectivity at all. Also, SL, SR and sync buttons are probably missing as well as they are not needed since controller is useless if you use while attached to the Switch. You do get a D-pad and a transparent shell (which you can't really pair with any other official joy-con color, but hey), which is really nice. ^^
Post automatically merged:

well he brought some obviously counterfeit 512gb "Kingston" with really poor write/read speeds, so I tried the modding process but it was messy with errors showing here and there, finally managed to boot into atmosphere, installed a game and ran it to show him everything was fine
He'll definitely need to buy a legit card. He can test the card with h3testw app and, if there's no error, it should be fine to proceed. 64GB is the bare minimum, 128GB isn't bad still small, but 256GB should be manageable.

couple days later when he tried to launch the game it gave an error
it was on stock firmware but the pirated game that was installed was showing there (something that never happened to me before)
Did you set up emuNAND or sysNAND CFW? To me it sounds like he at least booted into sysNAND CFW, installed the game and somehow rebooted to OFW afterwards, leaving the hacked game on the sysNAND. Installing anything through unofficial means to the sysNAND (i.e. pirated games, forwarders etc.) will probably get his Switch banned once he connects to the Internet.

I'm now wondering if he could just drop that SD card and factory reset the console ofw in order to clean the console and then begin a new process with a better SD card
Dropping the SD card and going throug the factory reset won't clean the logs on the console, therefore it's pointless as far as I know.

The only way to "clean" the console is to restore the clean sysNAND backup only if you haven't connected to the Nintendo servers after making that backup (there will be a mismatch between logs that you have on your Switch and the logs that Nintendo have about you). If that wasn't clear enough, I'll quote a post from this thread:

The correct process for trying to avoid a ban are as follows:

1. Make a clean NAND backup before doing any other hacks/CFW/homebrew using Hekate including boot0/boot1 and raw eMMC GPP (which will become a rawnand.bin)
  2. Perform any and all hacking offline with the Wi-Fi settings deleted and Airplane Mode to prevent accidental connection to Nintendo Hotspots (think 3DS Spotpass)
  3. Restore the clean NAND backup as well as boot0/boot1 prior to going online
  4. Make another NAND backup as well as boot0/boot1 at this point since your NAND has made permanent changes while connected to Nintendo's servers that are not present in your original NAND backup
  5. Repeat steps 2-4

in my mind it looks like a viable option but I'm afraid it may brick the console
It shouldn't brick the console unless you've modified something your sysNAND, but I'm no expert on that so I can't say for sure. Will it help, though? Probably won't at this point. Even cleaning the logs might get you banned. Here's another quote from the same thread:

Having clean error logs is confirmed to have banned one user according to Nintendo. Exercise caution clearing error logs moving forward.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much to be done. I believe that he can safely factory reset the console, if that's what he wants to do and pray for the best. It probably won't brick the console unless its sysNAND was modified in the past (i.e. its hidden partitions). Don't take my word for granted, though. There are many things that I'm not (yet) familiar with in the Switch hacking scene, so someone else may correct me if I'm wrong.

After he buys a decent, legit card, he can start from scratch by following one of the recommended guides: NH Switch guide and Rentry.org Switch guide.

Last edited by Blythe93,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Danny1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys! i am running on Atmosphere 1.7.0, with Firmware 18.0.0 - all games work fine except Metroid Dread. It starts but after a while a prompt shows:"The software has been terminated because an error occurred." Newest sigpatches installed, cache clear - nothing.... any solutions?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...told the buyer to get a decent SD card so I could mod it when I handle it to him, well he brought some obviously counterfeit 512gb "Kingston" with really poor write/read speeds
OMG! He has the potential to get dozens of free games, and he decides to be cheap and buys a fake SD card.:rofl: I wouldn't even have tried to use it . I would have told him "I said get a decent SD card!"

Hi guys! i am running on Atmosphere 1.7.0, with Firmware 18.0.0 - all games work fine except Metroid Dread. It starts but after a while a prompt shows:"The software has been terminated because an error occurred." Newest sigpatches installed, cache clear - nothing.... any solutions?
Only this game? It might be the nsp file that you used to install it, which could be bad (just test it) or maybe something is getting corrupted on the SD card. Is it formatted FAT32?

Last edited by Dust2dust,

Danny1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OMG! He has the potential to get dozens of free games, and he decides to be cheap and buys a fake SD card.:rofl: I wouldn't even have tried to use it . I would have told him "I said get a decent SD card!"

Only this game? It might be the nsp file that you used to install it, which could be bad (just test it) or maybe something is getting corrupted on the SD card. Is it formatted FAT32?

Yeah.. only this game.. File is ok. I deleted and installed it again... the same. SD card is formatted FAT32

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea... highly likely you have fake cards, and that's your problem. hekate_ipl.ini, You can make for yourself if you simply take the time to read hekate's main github page. emummc.ini, however, isn't trivial if you use a partition-based emummc. Without that emummc.ini, you will boot directly to your main system with fusee, or get an error with hekate (if trying to boot an emummc option) and if in cfw mode and you install an .nsp, your console will get banned from online services. If the emummc.ini is incorrect, you won't be able to boot into emummc, you'll get errors no matter what.

Last edited by urherenow,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL. Now i installed a "bad" xci version of the game which is working ;-p
How do you tell it's a bad xci? Did you check it? The two programs that I know of to verify installation files (nsp/xci) are nxgameinfo and nxfileviewer. I personally use nxgameinfo. It will tell you if something is fishy with your file before you install it.

Danny1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do you tell it's a bad xci? Did you check it? The two programs that I know of to verify installation files (nsp/xci) are nxgameinfo and nxfileviewer. I personally use nxgameinfo. It will tell you if something is fishy with your file before you install it.
Yeah, i checked it with nxgameinfo! It told me it would be a bad xgi...

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, i checked it with nxgameinfo! It told me it would be a bad xgi...
I see. Well, if it's bad, I would re-download it from another source, even though it seems to work. It might crash later in the game. But that's your call, of course.

Edit: Your installer (DBI hopefully) didn't spit out any errors during installation?

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A