Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

Sanrasxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMPORTANT

With the help of:

A NEW SET OF SIGPATCHES FOR 18.1.0 has been created some changed and some where added. PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND UPGRADE YOURS (Note V2 was added to the end of the new file)
What the hell dude, don't include a hekate_ipl.ini in the patches zip. If people don't see that in there, they're gonna overwrite their existing setup.

Reactions: impeeza

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere with loader signature checks removed + fusee with built-in fs patches, if anyone might be interested. fs patches only for fw 10.0.0 and above, for the sake of simplicity (nobody should be running these old firmwares anyway...)

no es patches, but xci/forwarders/homebrew don't need those and should just work. if you need es patches then add them in separately. exefs patches never cause problems so there's no point baking them in, but kip patches people regularly struggle with those for some reason

I took out nogc by the way. fs patches take their place instead (I could have kept it, but replacing nogc is less work and nogc is completely pointless these days anyway)

happy june 15th?

Attachments

• atmosphere-1.7.1-master-39c201e37.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • source.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 2

Jakkal666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Curious around the latest business with Atmosphere 1.7.1 and FW 18.1.0.
I got it running with no problems in the end and updated everything the same way as a I always do, but used the modified fusee.bin because I ran into corruption and NCA-errors (I admit I tried the modified fusee as a last resort and had no clue as to why I would need it).
I'm not nearly as technical as alot of you guys.. can someone explain in simpler terms what changed lately? Aren't signature patches a thing anymore? And what's sys-patches?

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atmosphere with loader signature checks removed + fusee with built-in fs patches, if anyone might be interested. fs patches only for fw 10.0.0 and above, for the sake of simplicity (nobody should be running these old firmwares anyway...)

no es patches, but xci/forwarders/homebrew don't need those and should just work. if you need es patches then add them in separately. exefs patches never cause problems so there's no point baking them in, but kip patches people regularly struggle with those for some reason

I took out nogc by the way. fs patches take their place instead (I could have kept it, but replacing nogc is less work and nogc is completely pointless these days anyway)

happy june 15th?
By looking at the code it was a clever way to add the fs-patches by replacing the no-gc patch great work!

I took the liberty to create a patch describing the modifications you've made to easily modify it in future updates

Edit: you would of course need to change the sha commit hash when needed in the lbraires/config/common.mk and thermosphere/Makfile files

Attachments

• 0001-Removal-of-the-nogc-patch.txt
    35.6 KB · Views: 1

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What «NO Game Cartdrige» have to do with FS sigpatches. Removing the NoGC patches will upgrade the cartridge firmware making it unusable on lower HOS firmware

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What «NO Game Cartdrige» have to do with FS sigpatches. Removing the NoGC patches will upgrade the cartridge firmware making it unusable on lower HOS firmware
If you look at the code they changed they just did that for simplicity. But you can change the code so you can keep them both.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By looking at the code it was a clever way to add the fs-patches by replacing the no-gc patch great work!

I took the liberty to create a patch describing the modifications you've made to easily modify it in future updates

Edit: you would of course need to change the sha commit hash when needed in the lbraires/config/common.mk and thermosphere/Makfile files
by the way, the only reason I manually set the commit hash is so it keeps the same build id as official atmosphere releases, so it'll appear as a normal official release instead of an unofficial commit id on crash dumps and error reports. it's not super necessary (though I guess manually setting it here helps when all the git repo files aren't included, so it doesnt try to use git commands to get them dynamically)

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way, the only reason I manually set the commit hash is so it keeps the same build id as official atmosphere releases, so it'll appear as a normal official release instead of an unofficial commit id on crash dumps and error reports. it's not super necessary (though I guess manually setting it here helps when all the git repo files aren't included, so it doesnt try to use git commands to get them dynamically)
Yeah I figured that was why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess