PS4 Save Mounter/Apollo Problems

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1657990448730.png

I may have asked the question before, and I think al azif said it doesn't work for all games.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for doing this.
But I started getting this feeling after all these different attempts failing.

I tried doing the save mounter route in the later stages because I did see some people report success to bucanero after telling him that they got their game save to re-region using the mounter. But with save apollo, it was failing.

There's one last workaround that I found from someone who decided to play with the .bin file using DB Browser SQLite.

Reactions: godreborn

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other sanity check I forgot to mention to you.

I downloaded CUSA09193 (US) decrypted file online to see if I can successfully move that save over to mine and guess what?
It did not work either. Even after injecting the save with my keystone.

Right at the beginning, you get a message saying "the save is not compatible" and it asks you to rewrite the save.
I believe the issue is related to the "system data settings" save that is blocking foreign saves I believe.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall if it was dlc or saves that al azif was responding to, but both may or may not work depending on the game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe see what happens with just transferring over the data files that are not the param.sfo or the settings bin file you mentioned?

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

This only leads me to one last conclusion. How the hell did MW get RE7 to not only re-region but move a save to a gold edition?
I'm trying to do this with RE2 which is also a capcom game. I would think that they would have the same save data encryption.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.
You've been very helpful buddy!

I'll keep you posted and I'll share my game saves soon.
I'm restarting so I'm reinstalling my RE2 Disc and downloading the latest patch so then i can re-dump the game again with the update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if changing the region of the game would do anything. you have to change the param.sfo title id, which you can do with the official sfo editor or orbis, and you have to change the id in the npbind.dat. the npbind.dat is used for trophies, and the creation of the pkg will fail instantly if they're not the same. it's the first thing it checks. you'll have to do that with a hex editor.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the one for the game, not the save. the npbind.dat is just a hex edit. search for the old title id and replace with the new using ctrl+h.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when i do ctrl+h, nothing happens.

here's how i overwrote the previous sfo file.

went to asci part where the title id starts, went over the code data changed the 71 (37;31) to 93 (39,33)
was that wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you drop the npbind.dat into the hex editor? as for the param.sfo, use the one from the game. it will load in the sfo creator.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well right now i am downloading the same 1.04 patch for my disc copy. I'm trying to match the game and update and keep it 1:1 as the (EU) fpkg.

Then, i'll try to re-dump with the update so i can keep these 2 married together. Need to see how to dump the game and dump the update too.
Then i believe, i'll have the game files which will have the game param.sfo and that npbind.dat file right?

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the update 1.04 finished.
Just for sanity check, i ran the game (US) and i have my previous fpkg (US) save. it read the save with no issues.
So at least i can rule out the keystone being the problem. I think the issue does stand with the param.sfo file like you said

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH